12306 replies to this topic

#10881 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

it was pretty disgusting how brian burke made a huge deal about offer sheets when penner got signed away from him, then partly for his own vanity did he make a trade with boston for kessel, which happened to include absolutely no players besides kessel.

You have to cut Burke some slack on Kessel. If I recall, the Bruins made it pretty clear that they weren't in a position to sign Kessel given their cap issues. Plus, Burke did in fact trade what has turned out to be a pretty penny for him. (Kind of like asking your girlfriend's parents for permission before proposing). And you better believe that another poor performance that leads to the Bruins getting another top five draft pick will result in Burke's prompt dismissal.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#10882 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

Didn't the league supposedly already make a decision yesterday?

who knows. we're going on rumor and innuendo for pretty much everything at this point.

#10883 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,956 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

You have to cut Burke some slack on Kessel. If I recall, the Bruins made it pretty clear that they weren't in a position to sign Kessel given their cap issues. Plus, Burke did in fact trade what has turned out to be a pretty penny for him. (Kind of like asking your girlfriend's parents for permission before proposing). And you better believe that another poor performance that leads to the Bruins getting another top five draft pick will result in Burke's prompt dismissal.

i am trashing burke here, don't cloud the issues with facts. there really isn't a more overrated GM in the league - it's going to get exposed with how he's running toronto. good thing he's sticking to his principles and not signing any front-loaded deals, not that that wouldn't be an enormous boon to a big-market team like toronto. odds are he got brushed off by hossa in 2009.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10884 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

i am trashing burke here, don't cloud the issues with facts. there really isn't a more overrated GM in the league - it's going to get exposed with how he's running toronto. good thing he's sticking to his principles and not signing any front-loaded deals, not that that wouldn't be an enormous boon to a big-market team like toronto. odds are he got brushed off by hossa in 2009.

No argument there. I'm just saying he's at least consistent, in his principles and bofoonishness.

Edited by Daniel, 31 August 2010 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#10885 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,167 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

i really hope that all the waiting even if there's a decision made already is because Lou is making moves...

then out of a sudden POW Kovalchuks approved then Rolston gone (i know its unlikely but im dreaming here...)

BAMMM :koolaid:

www.SterioDesign.com

#10886 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

it was Chiarelli

Dreger tweeted THIS reply to him 3 minutes after his "disguise = worse" tweet

DarrenDreger

@kuklaskorner Chiarelli told us this several days ago and it was reported then.

#10887 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

1 GM saying it isn't nearly as bad as it originally sounded.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#10888 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

I just logged on to the computer for the first time today. Can anyone give me a recap of what has happened so far since yesterday?

#10889 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

it was Chiarelli

DarrenDreger

I guess now we know why the arbitration hearing in Boston didn't go so well... :whistling:

#10890 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

Someone on HF says it was in response to something completely different.

Something to do with Savard and being at training camp when it opens. I checked both Dreger's page and Kuklas Korner to see if it was for something else.

Not the first time I've been wrong in my life :whistling:

#10891 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,507 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

it was Chiarelli

DarrenDreger

surprising as he's got savard on one of these already and would desperately want one for chara coming up.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

sundstrom jersey signature

“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#10892 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

... If it were going to be accepted they could just say so. If it is being rejected they need to cross their T's and dot their I's

I's don't have dots. Posted Image

... and zubrus is about neutral value. we'll see about kovalchuk - there's going to have to be some changes to his game. but the guy has been in the top 10 in the NHL in goals 7 straight years. he's probably the worst player to ever do this, but everyone else who's done it are lock hall-of-famers.

I think Zubrus has a great physical presence that should not be underestimated.

And don't forget the Career 1 PPG stat for Ilya. That is impressive. Especially considering the team he was on.

Oh for the love of tits , this is just getting ridiculous...

Posted Image Banner worthy.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#10893 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

I love how no one knows the details of the contracts but there's all speculation
as to what it says, that they're writing articles about.
I can see Bettman stroking his chin, saying, "we need a real reason to reject this.
we can't just reject it because we want the penguins & rangers to succeed.."

#10894 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

TSN/Dreger: One NHL general manager doesn't believe for a second the league will allow this one to pass either, stating Lou Lamoriello, the Devils and Ilya Kovalchuk are simply trying to "disguise circumvention," adding, "trying to hide the crime, makes this even worse."

If for whatever reason this is the given reason for rejecting the contract I am done with the NHL. 100% done.
Posted Image Posted Image

#10895 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

I think the longer this goes...it's not going to be good.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#10896 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,956 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

surprising as he's got savard on one of these already and would desperately want one for chara coming up.

it's not chiarelli.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10897 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

i'm sure it's burke, he is really bitter he can't have clarkson.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10898 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

If this one isn't allowed, if I was Kovalchuk, which I'm not, I'd tell the NHL to bugger it and leave for the KHL.

Let the men in black suits explain THAT feux pas.

:blink:
In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#10899 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

(faux pas)
(croissant)

#10900 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

If this one isn't allowed, if I was Kovalchuk, which I'm not, I'd tell the NHL to bugger it and leave for the KHL.

Let the men in black suits explain THAT feux pas.

:blink:

The Salary Defenders
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users