12374 replies to this topic

#10961 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

A huge part of me just wishes that we could have signed him to a normal, 6 year contract or so. If the cap hit is high, the cap hit is high.

#10962 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

If this doesn't pass, I wouldn't blame Kovi for leaving for Russa. This might be a last ditch effort. I mean, why give the NHL a third chance to turn down a deal? Bettman is going to have to wear a disguise if he comes to the Rock this season.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10963 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

(faux pas)
(croissant)

:rofl:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#10964 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,905 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

OK at this point I'm starting to doubt the reports that the league made a decision yesterday.

it's 2. these things usually come out in the late afternoon.

A huge part of me just wishes that we could have signed him to a normal, 6 year contract or so. If the cap hit is high, the cap hit is high.

can't be done. kovalchuk wants at least $10 million a season, we can't afford that. we'd lose parise, and we'd have to trade clarkson, salvador, zubrus, and re-entry waive rolston.

Edited by Triumph, 31 August 2010 - 12:47 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10965 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

(faux pas)
(croissant)

LMAO!!!

I can't spell for shart.

Idiot fingers meet keyboard.

KAABLAAM goes the computer!!!!!

:yay:
In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#10966 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

maybe this thread needs to get to 17,000 posts before we get some resolution?

#10967 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

One more thing, I'd like to ask Bettman this, if I had the opportunity to if this one is rejected too:

"So Osama, how's it going to feel knowing that during your tenure as zoo keeper for the NHL you've had two lookouts and are now looking at yet ANOTHER lockout or a strike? Think the sport will survive that you piece of horse manure? Good day to you and your lackey the Mullah Omar."

:ECW:
In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#10968 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

can't be done. kovalchuk wants at least $10 million a season, we can't afford that. we'd lose parise, and we'd have to trade clarkson, salvador, zubrus, and re-entry waive rolston.

.... and change our name to the New Jersey Thrashers

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#10969 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

I find the NHL approving the contract as being little to none since it would interfere with the already well grounded perception that Gary Bettman is a peni$.

Edited by CarpathianForest, 31 August 2010 - 01:02 PM.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#10970 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

I find the NHL approving the contract as being little to none since it would interfere with the already well grounded perception that Gary Bettman is a peni$.

Johnson?

#10971 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

:whistling:

.... and change our name to the New Jersey Thrashers

+1
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#10972 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

Manta feels like a Bush voter in Boston when he got re-elected.

#10973 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

So then forget about Kovalchuk, and we fall into the same category as all other NHL teams that can't afford him. I think that since Lou can't afford him on a (relatively) short deal, his only option to getting Kovalchuk is to circumvent the cap using a long-term contract.

#10974 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

So then forget about Kovalchuk, and we fall into the same category as all other NHL teams that can't afford him. I think that since Lou can't afford him on a (relatively) short deal, his only option to getting Kovalchuk is to circumvent the cap using a long-term contract.

Welcome to the last two months.

#10975 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

You know, we spent a little under three decades making virtually no noise at all on marketable superstars, but when we finally decided to go after one we entered the pool with a tremendous splash, no?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#10976 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

You know, we spent a little under three decades making virtually no noise at all on marketable superstars, but when we finally decided to go after one we entered the pool with a tremendous splash, no?

Yes, just a little.

Edited by mrthemike, 31 August 2010 - 01:25 PM.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#10977 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Peter Stastny!

#10978 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Welcome to the last two months.

:giggle:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10979 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

it was like a cannonball in a kiddie pool

#10980 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

Well, let's look at the good in all of this. Next off season is the last time I have to angrily glare on Brian Rolston's cap hit on Capgeek.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users