12374 replies to this topic

#11021 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

I have to read Hemingway and Dickens between F5-ing this thread just to keep my IQ from seeking hibernation.

But that won't stop me from coming back.

Edited by Risky, 31 August 2010 - 02:58 PM.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#11022 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Sooo anyone else think the league will just not say anything before 5 tomorrow, and let the contract be approved in that manner?

I was thinking the same thing so Buttman can do like the others saying it's under investigation until further notice.. Lol
The NHL needs change big time, if not for anything this contract and offseason has made the Buttman Daily incorporated look real bad!

#11023 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

i thought this over and i think (or at least i thought this morning, before i read TG and marek saying it would be done today) the league may end up doing this. by being intentionally vague, it still holds the hammer on future deals, and gets to create confusion about where the line may be drawn - executives with less brio than lamoriello (or executives with less prodding from ownership) may back down from more ambitious contracts for fear of league reprisal.

Yes I agree with this. This is the only way the league will keep any sort of "upper hand" in this and is not seen as backing down.

#11024 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

So......

#11025 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

Chesnokov tweeted that will will all know the answer later tonight.

#11026 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

so they will let it ride till tomorrow at 5pm and say the deal is under investigation. it will scare the sh!t out of fans but technically the contract will be approved pending investigation which will never happen.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#11027 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

so they will let it ride till tomorrow at 5pm and say the deal is under investigation. it will scare the sh!t out of fans but technically the contract will be approved pending investigation which will never happen.

i hope you're right.

#11028 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

Again this is amazing that its taking this long. Can it be this complicated that it takes these a$$holes this long to look at this contract?
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#11029 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

I thought the deadline was today? Oh ffs...

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#11030 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

well they did say they told the devils last night no? maybe they agreed to keep it quiet till tomorrow so LL can talk to the teams for trades. I'm not sure if Bettman can be that nice but we can dream.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#11031 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

well they did say they told the devils last night no? maybe they agreed to keep it quiet till tomorrow so LL can talk to the teams for trades. I'm not sure if Bettman can be that nice but we can dream.

Don't know where you got that from.

#11032 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,276 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

Chesnokov tweeted that will will all know the answer later tonight.

Oh great, right when I'm at a movie this whole thing will finally explode. Although I'm half hoping TG and Chesnokov are wrong and we hear nothing today since that makes a rejection more likely whereas an acceptance would almost certainly constitute running out the clock past 5 PM tomorrow.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11033 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Oh great, right when I'm at a movie this whole thing will finally explode. Although I'm half hoping TG and Chesnokov are wrong and we hear nothing today since that makes a rejection more likely whereas an acceptance would almost certainly constitute running out the clock past 5 PM tomorrow.

Yeah and then tomorrow at 4:55 we will all be sitting here yelling WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFCK!!!!!

#11034 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,276 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

Nobody reported that the Devils were told. It was only said that the NHL had looked at the contract all day yesterday and came to a decision, which ostensibly they would tell the world about today.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11035 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

LOL, LOL, LOL... I spent my whole day waiting for the decision, being sure the deadline was TODAY at 5 pm (on Friday TG said it was day #1)... I was counting minutes when I read TG's last blog entry once again just to find out it's TOMORROw. :doh1: :doh1: :doh1: Kill me now... :argh:

#11036 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

154 people reading this thread and barely any new posts. The suspense is unbearable.

#11037 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

bettman blows cows

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#11038 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,825 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

did anyone think this whole crazy 60+ days of "kovy" was going to end as predicted?
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#11039 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

* pin.. drops *
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#11040 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

The dinosaur has blown at NHL headquarters. Any word before they all head out for brontosaurus burgers?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users