Posted Image Posted Image

#11042 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

It's 5:11 PM, do you know where your Kovalchuk decision is?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#11043 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Up Bettman's ass. :(
25smul5.png

#11044 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

So if the NHL rejects this contract, I'm driving back to Jersey, taking a train into New York, walking to the NHL offices, storming past security, taking the elevator up to Bettman's office, pulling him out of Crosby's ass, and punching him in the face.

Did I mention I didn't bring my car to school?

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#11045 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

The initial rejection didn't come out till like 8:30 so it wouldn't shock me if we did hear something later on. 5 PM is only the deadline for tomorrow, but I'm hoping we don't hear anything since a rejection would be more likely than an acceptance to be announced before tomorrow.

Edited by NJDevs26, 31 August 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#11046 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

I think when this is finally over, I won't know what to do with myself anymore. It's been such a persistent background thought over the past two months that there's going to be a very strange emptiness when it ends. It's like "now what?" Back to normal life, I guess.

#11047 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

The initial rejection didn't come out till like 8:30 so it wouldn't shock me if we did hear something later on. 5 PM is only the deadline for tomorrow, but I'm hoping we don't hear anything since a rejection would be more likely than an acceptance to be announced before tomorrow.

the initial rejection news came out the same night as the contract. this is taking much longer.

but yes, i do think the NHL is willing to announce a rejection later.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#11048 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

At this point it'll never really end, even if the contract gets upheld then you have the question mark of who gets traded for what, then voila - camp begins. If the contract does get rejected god only knows what happens next.

#11049 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

I think when this is finally over, I won't know what to do with myself anymore. It's been such a persistent background thought over the past two months that there's going to be a very strange emptiness when it ends. It's like "now what?" Back to normal life, I guess.

if the contract is accepted, it's back to speculating on who has to be traded to fit this contract in.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#11050 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

haha stupid 80's PSA...:D

Up Bettman's ass. :(

:yay: :lol: :yay: :lol:
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#11051 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Probably along the lines of how the boys felt after World War II- Electric Bugaloo ended.

#11052 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

At this point it'll never really end, even if the contract gets upheld then you have the question mark of who gets traded for what, then voila - camp begins. If the contract does get rejected god only knows what happens next.

My guess is that if this contract is rejected then Kovy gives the NHL the finger and goes to the KHL for a year or two.
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#11053 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Wow I mean just... Wow.. Nothing... what's the next rumor or tweet or twat... This stinks of so much disrespect it is not funny.
This relationship with Bettman has to end he has been screwing us all summer and not in a nice way.
I say REVOLUTION now!!!!!!!!!!
Cmon Gary just pull the trigger don't you like killing what you have just screwed.
Oh wait I know it has to happen at night so Bettman can be holding Cindy Crosby' cold wet - lovingly while he reads his report on the contract

#11054 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

This relationship with Bettman has to end he has been screwing us all summer and not in a nice way.

Like in the back of a Volkswagen?
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#11055 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

Appropriate for right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUy9ePyo6Q

garfunkel's fro is awesome...LoL!

I would love to see bettman tarred and feathered by an unruly mob with this song kranked through the PA system...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9813Y6La_4&feature=related
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#11056 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

Like in the back of a Volkswagen?

Or a Pinto ...lol

#11057 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Or a Pinto ...lol

Getting rearened by a hummer!

#11058 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

I'm pretty sure the NHL will announce a rejection at 4:59 tomorrow. I can see Bettman's poo-eating grin now as he releases a smug little announcement.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#11059 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

Getting rearened by a hummer!

BOOOOOOOOMMM ...... Smells like ass every where... Lol

#11060 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,948 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

I love the Devils.
I love hockey.

But I'm REALLY starting to hate the NHL.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users