• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

Disregard Thursday, Acquire Kovy on Friday

:pray: :pray:
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#11563 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

:uni: should we expect a record viewership of this thread on Friday?

#11564 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

Fehr will be forced to eat human meat(but don't worry it's only racoon meat).

Edited by CarpathianForest, 02 September 2010 - 11:29 AM.

#11565 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:31 AM

10 bucks says they extend it till monday.

#11566 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

10 bucks says they extend it till monday.

would not be surprised if this happened :rolleyes:

#11567 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

ok can someone sum up for me what to expect on Friday? :noclue:

likely nothing significant.

NHLPA folds and Kovy is a Dev.
NHLPA fights and files another Kovy grievance, which takes another week or so -- only this time we get to watch Luongo's grievance too !

#11568 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,734 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

likely nothing significant.

NHLPA folds and Kovy is a Dev.
NHLPA fights and files another Kovy grievance, which takes another week or so -- only this time we get to watch Luongo's grievance too !

it will take much longer if a system arbitrator is not in place - the NHLPA will have to do a much better job researching who's good, since last time they did the lawyer equivalent of picking the fat kid first in kickball.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#11569 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

Fehr should threaten to get Crosby and Bettman blacklisted from all bath-houses. That should get the NHL to retract their fussiness.

#11570 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

i am not sure if i read this correctly in the newspaper a week ago but does Lou and the Devils have a deadline in order to free up cap space for Kovy?

it will take much longer if a system arbitrator is not in place - the NHLPA will have to do a much better job researching who's good, since last time they did the lawyer equivalent of picking the fat kid first in kickball.

every fat kid and nerd's dream :yea:

#11571 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,524 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

Fehr will be forced to eat human meat(but don't worry it's only racoon meat).

Haha, great Always Sunny reference. Funniest damn show since Seinfeld.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#11572 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

When Kovy's contract gets approved tomorrow I hope they just mail the season tickets along with this years playoff tickets.

#11573 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,526 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

Fat kids are always the best -- they kick HUGE far and what they lack in speed they make up for in terror as they barrel at you full tilt down the field - outfield or in!

No it's the skinny uncoordinated ones...

or, the... the somehow infamous ones... who the gym teachers inexplicably pick as a THIRD GRADER to lead a whole "red team" made up of 1st through 6th graders. A moment of my schooling I'll never forget even though I was 8. A pack of 6th graders asked ME why I was captain when I was always picked last in class (a 6th grader was captain of the blue team)... I dunno -- I dance? Guess I should have said -- same reason you guys pick me last - I'm loud and competitive...and I guess that makes it no fun for anyone in the end :evilcry: Seriously -- I was ALWAYS picked last in elementary school. Did I do too much Langenbrunnering? I was the universally hated person. Such a trauma.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 02 September 2010 - 12:17 PM.

I'm here for the party

#11574 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

I think the NHLPA probably would except any such "ultimatum" shenanigans

disagree - they very much wanted one of these for parise too. now parise's cap number is in the $8MM range.

I don't think so, his contract would just be 13 years at about a $7M hit .... hopefully it will be that long! Posted Image

I just think this solves nothing. You could have a player aged 27 sign a 15 year deal for $5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-10-10-10-10-20-25 or something. 15 year deal for lets say $130, the backend $45 doesnt count against the cap and you have a $6.5 cap hit.

Teams would not be willing to come off no $20M in a single season, so I don't see THAT scenario happening, but you do bring to light the fact that there WILL be some sort of loophole in whatever a new CBA has in it.

If NHLPA had oil, USA would have bombed the crap out of the NHL headquarters and spread freedomz by now.

:lol:

...The real, full quote: "No ultimatum has been given to anyone. We just told the PA that if they don't agree with what we're requesting, we won't accept the contract. That's not an ultimatum, am I right?"

:rofl:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#11575 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

Fat kids are always the best -- they kick HUGE far and what they lack in speed they make up for in terror as they barrel at you full tilt down the field - outfield or in!

No it's the skinny uncoordinated ones...

or, the... the somehow infamous ones... who the gym teachers inexplicably pick as a THIRD GRADER to lead a whole "red team" made up of 1st through 6th graders. A moment of my schooling I'll never forget even though I was 8. A pack of 6th graders asked ME why I was captain when I was always picked last in class (a 6th grader was captain of the blue team)... I dunno -- I dance? Guess I should have said -- same reason you guys pick me last - I'm loud and competitive...and I guess that makes it no fun for anyone in the end :evilcry: Seriously -- I was ALWAYS picked last in elementary school. Did I do too much Langenbrunnering? I was the universally hated person. Such a trauma.

i was more like Brylin.... not the best but not the worst but very underrated. I remember in elementary school we had to play kickball in the gym because of the weather and it was my turn to kick and when I kicked it, the ball got stuck up in the rafters. We only got to play for 5 minutes and I was the most hated boy in class that day :(

#11576 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

Did I do too much Langenbrunnering?

Posted Image

YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#11577 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,526 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

:rofl:

I'm here for the party

#11578 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

Armageddon.

Try scorched earth or nuclear winter, whichever you prefer.

:whistling:
In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#11579 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

remember when devils were not mentioned ever in teh offseason, i kinda miss that now.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#11580 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

Posted Image

YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD!!!

Posted Image

that show freaks me out to this day.. i can believe laurence fishburne was the cowboy :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users