12374 replies to this topic

#161 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,585 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:00 AM

no offense taken here. i just never really put too much stock into the whole kovalchuk thing from the start. while i do admit that it was more exciting to see what was going to happen days 1 and 2, i was far more interested in what paul martin was going to do -- and what we were going to do when he would inevitably sign somewhere else.

kovalchuk was just like a nice surprise gift for me. i never expected it and i was totally happy to have it but i won't be crying if i lose it. and i totally agree that he has a lot to think about and decide but at the same time i'm sure he's definitely looking for the most bang he can get for his buck. if it's purely about the money -- okay, yeah, we'll see him in long island. if he actually thinks twice about it, well, it's nice to see that he has an ounce of drive in him and that he actually DOES want to win. we'll see what happens. it's not annoying to me at all. really it's more just that it's fun to sit back and watch the bumps along the way.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#162 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

This Isles talk is annoying. I just want Kovy to sign somewhere already so I can stop checking on this insanity!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#163 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

DarrenDreger

A few hours of sleep and the concensus based on texts and emails sent my way still has Kovy going to the Kings, regardless of Isles push.

#164 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

http://www.sbnation....ree-agency-2010

"Word from the Ilya Kovalchuk camp is that he wants to win now and plans to sign with the Devils unless the Kings can offer more then the Devils. Supposedly the Kings offered him 7 Million a year, while the Devils have told him to wait until they clear space for him. This appears to be an interesting move by Lou in order to get Kovy in a position that there are no suitors who can afford him, allowing Lou to swoop in and offer him a lower deal. Much like how Nabakov and Turco are going to have to take much less then 6 million soon if they want to play in the NHL this year."

#165 jkrdevil

jkrdevil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

Ugh. Don't believe fan sites. They don't have any inside info and most is speculation.

They are fun to read for opinion, just don't go to them for actual news.

#166 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/3/1550792/ilya-kovalchuk-free-agency-2010

"Word from the Ilya Kovalchuk camp is that he wants to win now and plans to sign with the Devils unless the Kings can offer more then the Devils. Supposedly the Kings offered him 7 Million a year, while the Devils have told him to wait until they clear space for him. This appears to be an interesting move by Lou in order to get Kovy in a position that there are no suitors who can afford him, allowing Lou to swoop in and offer him a lower deal. Much like how Nabakov and Turco are going to have to take much less then 6 million soon if they want to play in the NHL this year."

So he doesn't really want to win now, its about $$$$
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#167 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

So he doesn't really want to win now, its about $$$$

Whether he wants to win or not, him trying to get the money he feels he deserves isn't unethical and doesn't show a lack of gamesmanship.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#168 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

:excl: "NY" team.........

Fvcking WRONG. All teams in the city of "NY" are NJ area teams. Read a little history will ya.

The Islanders are in New York. Am I missing something?

NY RedBulls, Jets, Giants (aka - teams with NY in their names but play in NJ) would sound more logical if you were talking about them....

Edited by nmigliore, 03 July 2010 - 10:42 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#169 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

The Islanders are in New York. Am I missing something?

NY RedBulls, Jets, Giants (aka - teams with NY in their names but play in NJ) would sound more logical if you were talking about them....

Yeah, I was lost with that statement as well.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#170 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

Actually, I think I know what he means now -- they play in NY but are still near NJ, so if the attraction to NY is part of what Kovalchuk is looking for, he can just sign with NJ (since its right near NY)....
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#171 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

So what happens now? Do all negotiations stop until after the holiday? Or is it possible he signs somewhere today or tomorrow?

#172 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

If the rumor from SB Nation is accurate, then the longer we continue to hear nothing about Kovalchuk the more likely it is he signs with us, no?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#173 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

King
Devils
Kings
Devils
Kings
Devils
Kings
Devils
Kings
Devils
Kings
Islanders?
Kings
Devils
Kings
Devils

I'm tired of this game. Going to play 18.

#174 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

kovie basicly is trying to come to terms that he needs to take a pay cut to play for a team he likes and promises him the best chance for a cup. he will get around to it eventually, probably tuesday morning.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#175 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

Seriously I think I'm starting to have enough of that game.

We need a puck moving D that is also a top pairing guy so I think that sign Kovalchuk is more of a bad thing + he look like a guy looking for a lot of money so fvck it.

Lou !!! Find a way to get a PMD (Kaberle :whistling:) instead of loosing your time on Kovalchuk.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#176 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Seriously I think I'm starting to have enough of that game.

We need a puck moving D that is also a top pairing guy so I think that sign Kovalchuk is more of a bad thing + he look like a guy looking for a lot of money so fvck it.

Lou !!! Find a way to get a PMD (Kaberle :whistling:) instead of loosing your time on Kovalchuk.

+1 Pass on Kovy.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#177 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Whether he wants to win or not, him trying to get the money he feels he deserves isn't unethical and doesn't show a lack of gamesmanship.

I see reading comprehension is not one of your strong points.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#178 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

I see reading comprehension is not one of your strong points.

Let's hope he learns something at the "U" ;) and I don't mean Spanish....

#179 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Well with the Kings rumored to actually go after Simone Gagne I think that puts us it a better position in the Kovy sweepstakes. No?

n2eg.jpg

#180 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Well with the Kings rumored to actually go after Simone Gagne I think that puts us it a better position in the Kovy sweepstakes. No?

it certainly wouldn't hurt though they could just be using gagne as leverage against Kovalchuk to make him sign before they got Gagne
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users