41 replies to this topic

#41 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

I agree you can have 2 superstars, however if you compare the Devils and, say, the Penguins, the major difference is that the Devils depth forwards are way overpaid. The Pens have 4 forwards making over $2m, compared to the Devils' 8. There's no way to build the Devils into a great team without dumping one or two of the larger contracts, and that's all going to depend on who's willing to waive the NTC and what Lou's willing to give up to sweeten the deal.

As I've said all along, someone or more has to go.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#42 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

I agree you can have 2 superstars, however if you compare the Devils and, say, the Penguins, the major difference is that the Devils depth forwards are way overpaid. The Pens have 4 forwards making over $2m, compared to the Devils' 8. There's no way to build the Devils into a great team without dumping one or two of the larger contracts, and that's all going to depend on who's willing to waive the NTC and what Lou's willing to give up to sweeten the deal.

Well yeah, but if the Devils were to sign Kovalchuk, they'd have to shed some salary, so instantly Rolston's $5 millon or Zubrus's $3.4 million are gone, or something similar to that.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users