#61 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:10 AM

Geez, this place is almost the retirement home with some of you guys. lol
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#62 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:18 AM

Hey now! Watch it there....or we'll have to beat you with our canes! <_<

You have to ask yourself...Do I feel lucky? Well...Do ya, punk? B)

Edited by poohbear, 15 March 2004 - 10:19 AM.

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Martin Brodeur. I'm with you, LD30!

How hot is my avatar? Woof, I love those eyes!! Ugh, I'm such a girl.

#63 Nieda

Nieda

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 11:10 AM

you should all be scared to know that I get my beginners on the 17th (Wednesday) and be even more scared that in exactly 8 months I will be able to drive alone in my own vemahicle..

damnit it all to hell, I should have my full liscense in may but my mom is just getting around to taking me NOW...so I plan on letting you all know how I did :) :)

and today i had a job interview..and the guy didn't even talk to me!!! i was sp polite too damnit!! Didn't burp or anything...i'm never being ncie again...I betcha its cuz i wore my New York sweater---damn Canadians and their hating of USA...

i should of shown him my boobs...
We will out skate you.
We will out work you.
We will out will you.
And when your head is spinning, your lungs are gasping for air, and you're wondering what hit you...
We will start the 2nd period.
--BlackJack

knowing nothing is better than knowing it all

#64 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:24 PM

I'll say, good luck, and I don't need to fear as you won't be driving too much around here. ;)

And, sounds like he didn't deserve to see your boobs. Should've burped at him! :P

#65 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 01:57 PM

39 (holy crap 40 is just around the corner. Damn time flies....)
Male
Central Jersey
Started dating my wife when she had extra tickets to a Devils game, and needed someone to go with.

We have two kids
3 year old boy
7 year old daughter (Bruins Fan, wtf)

Reading through these I was surprised at some peoples stats, thought some were older, some younger. Had most of the Male/Females right though...

chris
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#66 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:22 PM

:pray: Puleeeeease say you thought I was younger. :pray:

After all, I work so hard at coming off as infantile. :P

#67 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:03 PM

Well, Pooh....

I really don't know how old you are. As far as I can see you did not list it. I knew you were a mom, because you were looking for Rinks for your son once. I am guessing a young mom, though, right???.....

and yes you have a youthful glee in your posts.... :D

chris
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#68 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:48 PM

Male
Northern NJ
Go to School in PA.
Posted Image

#69 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:56 PM

female
morris county in northern NJ
Teacher by day Devils Hockey freak by night.. and weekends :) and day.. 2 yrs ago i had all my 4th graders liking the devils.. except the one kid whose dad was a ranger fan.. but that didnt bother me.. they always lost...

and this past year i had preschool and a 3 yr old who was obsessed with scott stevens.. he'd talk hockey with me and bring in all his programs etc. he wore a stevens jersey when i saw him at a game.. and he came in with the calendar at the beginning of the year and would point to the emblems on the days of the week and go "BOOOOO! They Suck!!!" Im sure his parents are proud.. I picture him, 15 yrs down the road with painted face!!! :P
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#70 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 09:21 AM

Thanks, Chris! :P Actually, my birthday is listed but if you didn't notice then, Yes, I am a young mom! ;)

#71 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 09:57 AM

oh stop worrying about it guys.... I don't think any of the above 25 crowd here acts it :D

after all how much would it suck to come on here be all mature dull and BORING...
screw that, we have jobs for that kinda crap :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#72 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:24 PM

oh stop worrying about it guys.... I don't think any of the above 25 crowd here acts it :D

Thanks, Crasher. I always try not to act my age.

:lol:
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#73 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:32 PM

you and me both nieuwy :D

like I like to say to people when I annoy them:
"Maturity is knowing WHEN to be mature and this ain't the time for it" :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#74 expect_the_unexpected

expect_the_unexpected

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:12 PM

Thanks, Chris!  :P   Actually, my birthday is listed but if you didn't notice then, Yes, I am a young mom!  ;)

:o i imagined you were twice as young as you really are

I'm 15, NYC 14/15 years, male

#75 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:30 PM

YAYYYYY!!!!!!! :clap: :dance: It works!!!

#76 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:00 PM

Age 39 will be 40 in a little over a month, for some reason it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I think the gender should be obvious.

Live in North Jersey since 1992, grew up in Northern CT where about the only legal thing to do on a Saturday night was watch high school hockey. So I did and became hooked on the sport.

Have 3 cats & am happily single although my friend Lucia seems to believe it is her duty in life to marry me off. I told her if she can find me a man who likes hockey & cats she's welcome to try.

:evil:
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#77 Hells

Hells

In remembrance 1987-2004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:31 PM

17 yr. old female (but an old man at heart)
living in Bergen County
I love my 5 cats (and I love my dead gay son)
Following Devils since '98 when I went to my 1st game (yes, I was only 11, but the biggest dweebs in school have time for these things-friends don't really matter in middle school...at least to me...)
Love watching the Devils, wandering aimlessly around the house, occasionally in a drunken stupor, and eating White Castle.

I also love these bananas.... :dance: :dance: :dance: -I've tried to dance like them, but to no avail...
Posted Image

#78 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:37 PM

21.5 guy, from Ridgewood, New Jersey, just finishing a semester in Montreal (home university is in Washington, DC).

Dating an Emer for seven months Monday.

Following Devils since a bit after I moved to NJ in '90 but became a more serios fan in 2000.

Love playing roller hockey, skateboarding, hardcore/punk/metal music, growing a beard (semi-successfully), and being a nerd online (just look at my post total!).

Favorite Devil = THE GREAT TOMMY ALBELIN

#79 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 01:26 PM

20 almost 21
male
certified insane

whoa i already posted in this thread!

now thrice!

#80 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 01:38 PM

djstubbs: RD doesn't really let people know her age.

MissionHockey: "Good point, but on some other boards they don't respect your opinion if you're not at least 18."

This board goes by your level of intelligence, really. If you're 40 and talk like you're 12, you're going to get schooled. I mean, you can't help your age, but you can try to be intelligent.

GA Devil: You beat me in terms of locations! :o I got Rochester, NY (0-2 years old); Richmond, VA (2-7); Chicago, IL (7-9); Ridgewood, NJ (9-present), have spent most of my college career in Washington, DC (done with three years - holy crap!) but just finished a semester in Montreal... and man oh man am I going to miss it!

P.S. GA Devil, since you're not really a Georgia Devil anymore, you can PM DevilMinder asking for a name change. Just PM which name you want to be switched to and he'll change it right away. Come to think of it, any admin will do it, and DevilMinder has been VERY busy lately so you might want to PM a diff't admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users