830 replies to this topic

#241 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thanks, it's my favorite authentic due to the time and effort i put into it. To think there was a time i looked different wearing it to games instead of "fashionable". Now, Brodeur #29's are all over the place both in CCM Retro and knockoff.

Maybe i'll have to make up a Parise #51 in a few years provided he sticks around....

It does look good and the NHL 75th anniversary and Devils 10th anniversary patch make it even better.

Why # 51?

#242 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

It does look good and the NHL 75th anniversary and Devils 10th anniversary patch make it even better.

Why # 51?

Parise wore #51 during the preseason of 2005-06. It's a far more unknown fact then Brodeur wearing #29 is, but you'd be surprised how many people tried to correct me that it's the wrong number on that jersey....
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#243 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

Parise wore #51 during the preseason of 2005-06. It's a far more unknown fact then Brodeur wearing #29 is, but you'd be surprised how many people tried to correct me that it's the wrong number on that jersey....

I understand its kinda cool to own a jersey that not many know existed, but i dont get why you want a jersey that a player barely played in... in a preseason 5 years ago, nonetheless

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#244 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

I understand its kinda cool to own a jersey that not many know existed, but i dont get why you want a jersey that a player barely played in... in a preseason 5 years ago, nonetheless

I was actually being facetious (should have LOL'd). FWIW, i have seen jerseys with Niedermayer #48 which would set you apart for sure.

I've owned/own, and some others here do/did, preseason game worns of players with preseason numbers, too.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#245 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

I was actually being facetious (should have LOL'd). FWIW, i have seen jerseys with Niedermayer #48 which would set you apart for sure.

I've owned/own, and some others here do/did, preseason game worns of players with preseason numbers, too.

I have seen those too and fingured it might be preseason but not sure. Never knew Parise wore 51 in preseason though, but it was during that time when I went to only about a dozen games over 3 seasons (03-04 season to 06-07).

#246 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

Another jersey that Hockey Monkey made:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#247 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

Another jersey that Hockey Monkey made:

Posted Image

Not bad but still IDK. I think I will just stick with EP and they are cheaper than HM as well.

#248 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

Do you know where they send the jersey to when you drop it off at the store or do they do it in-house? IceJerseys sends their jerseys out to other customizers as well as doing some in-house, so there's a good chance when you give IceJerseys your jersey to customize, they are sending it to EPS, whereas you could just send it directly to EPS and save a lot of money and probably some time too. I wonder if Monkey does the same thing.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#249 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Do you know where they send the jersey to when you drop it off at the store or do they do it in-house? IceJerseys sends their jerseys out to other customizers as well as doing some in-house, so there's a good chance when you give IceJerseys your jersey to customize, they are sending it to EPS, whereas you could just send it directly to EPS and save a lot of money and probably some time too. I wonder if Monkey does the same thing.

I know that a jersey I got from Icejerseys.com was customized at EPS as when I got it in the mail, it was shipped directly from the Illinois town EPS is located at while icejerseys are in Canada I believe. Wish I would have known that before I ordered lol.

#250 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

HM does them in house. I know it sounds like I am repping for HM but I have never even been to their store. I am simply bringing the store to everyones eyes. Some people would rather pay some extra cash to have it done in the building they are standing in plus it can be right around the corner from someone.

I think I would send a jersey to EP before HM but I havent had a jersey customized by either. I plan on having atleast 1 jersey customized for me this coming season.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#251 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Mike,

It is green.

Thank you,

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#252 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

In case anyone was intrested, I saw this on ebay. I would have bid on it, but I lost weight and now would wear a large, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cbb4c4602

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#253 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

In case anyone was intrested, I saw this on ebay. I would have bid on it, but I lost weight and now would wear a large, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cbb4c4602

Mike

Good thing you lost weight because the font is wrong and I don't think the name should be that high up.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#254 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Good thing you lost weight because the font is wrong and I don't think the name should be that high up.

Lol, thanks for letting me know.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#255 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Went to Hockey Monkey yesterday in Woodbridge. Cool store and a good amount of selection. Above average jersey selection and they are pricing them at 89.99 for replica blanks so cheaper than most places.

I asked about their customization that Quinn has been posting about and the guy there said they are just thinking about it now, but not sure if they are going to do it yet.

#256 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Went to Hockey Monkey yesterday in Woodbridge. Cool store and a good amount of selection. Above average jersey selection and they are pricing them at 89.99 for replica blanks so cheaper than most places.

I asked about their customization that Quinn has been posting about and the guy there said they are just thinking about it now, but not sure if they are going to do it yet.

Ah ok. As far as I knew, they were already in the process of doing customization instore. I still have yet to get down to the store but their facebook page has weekly giveaways and two weeks ago I won a Warrior Felx Fit Hat, Warrior T-Shirt, a puck and some stick tape. :koolaid:

Posted Image

#257 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

Ah ok. As far as I knew, they were already in the process of doing customization instore. I still have yet to get down to the store but their facebook page has weekly giveaways and two weeks ago I won a Warrior Felx Fit Hat, Warrior T-Shirt, a puck and some stick tape. :koolaid:

Hmmm how come I "liked" them on FB and yet I haven't seen those?

What are they listed under?

#258 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hmmm how come I "liked" them on FB and yet I haven't seen those?

What are they listed under?

Maybe you have the individual store liked?

http://www.facebook....hockeymonkeycom

Posted Image

#259 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Maybe you have the individual store liked?

http://www.facebook....hockeymonkeycom

Yup, and have HockeyMonkey liked and there seems to be a thousand friggin hockey monkey FB pages. I didn't know the main one was hockeymoneky.com

Dammit I hate it when places make it difficult to know which is the real one on FB lol.

Haha thanks I just liked the correct one and maybe I will now finally see updates.

Edited by DevsMan84, 12 September 2011 - 03:49 PM.

#260 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

Yup, and have HockeyMonkey liked and there seems to be a thousand friggin hockey monkey FB pages. I didn't know the main one was hockeymoneky.com

Dammit I hate it when places make it difficult to know which is the real one on FB lol.

Haha thanks I just liked the correct one and maybe I will now finally see updates.

They are constantly putting up updates about new products and everything like that but when it comes to the giveaways they put up a picture and you can comment it up to 3 times and then they pick at random. Ive been entering them for weeks and finally got one. They announce the winner on Fridays.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users