823 replies to this topic

#281 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

I'm sure you all know of this, but everyone should read about it before you buy an authentic thinking its the same thing the players wear.

http://www.njdevs.co...howtopic=113822
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#282 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

I'm sure you all know of this, but everyone should read about it before you buy an authentic thinking its the same thing the players wear.

http://www.njdevs.co...howtopic=113822

I read about it during the pre-season and this is the exact reason why you are seeing more and more fakes at the arena. The fakes every year get better and better while the real ones get lower and lower in quality but keep or raise the prices.

Not a lot of people care if a jersey was made legally or in the sweatshops. Right now with the economy people are thinking more with their wallets and less with their conscience. Plus since the authentics are made in Indonesia now, who is to say these are not produced in a sweatshop also?

#283 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

I got a question for everybody here. I'm looking to buy an authentic jersey, but I'd like to get one of the old CCM jerseys that were in use before Reebok started making the EDGE jerseys for the NHL. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get one of these? In particular, I'd like a blank one or one customized with Elias's name and number.

#284 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

I got a question for everybody here. I'm looking to buy an authentic jersey, but I'd like to get one of the old CCM jerseys that were in use before Reebok started making the EDGE jerseys for the NHL. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get one of these? In particular, I'd like a blank one or one customized with Elias's name and number.

I have one thats new for sale for a good price, message me if you'd like. It's an RBK but it's the old style pre-edge that was used in 2005-06 and 2006-07.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#285 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

I read about it during the pre-season and this is the exact reason why you are seeing more and more fakes at the arena. The fakes every year get better and better while the real ones get lower and lower in quality but keep or raise the prices.

Not a lot of people care if a jersey was made legally or in the sweatshops. Right now with the economy people are thinking more with their wallets and less with their conscience. Plus since the authentics are made in Indonesia now, who is to say these are not produced in a sweatshop also?

It's bullsh!t and I wish I knew what I was buying beforehand.

The long and short of it is there is basically NO WHERE to get a good authentic right now thats current with that the team is wearing.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#286 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

Here's a random one that maybe some of the resident experts could help me with ...

Having just moved to Maryland, I'm pretty bummed to have no local hockey team anymore (and no, the Caps don't count). Looking through all the defunct Baltimore teams, I thought the old Skipjacks sweaters were pretty sweet. They also seem pretty hard to find.

There's one up for auction at Huggins & Scott Auctions, and even though it looks awesome, I'd rather not blow $700 on this.

Attached File  21471_skipjacks.jpg   219.01KB   6 downloads

There's also this site called Vintage Hockey Classics that fabricates old jerseys themselves upon order. I understand they aren't really a legit, licensed vendor, but they kinda look like my only hope.

https://vintagehocke..._Skipjacks.html

Has anyone ever heard of them? Does anyone know of a better route to go?

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 16 November 2011 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#287 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

There's also this site called Vintage Hockey Classics that fabricates old jerseys themselves upon order. I understand they aren't really a legit, licensed vendor, but they kinda look like my only hope.

https://vintagehocke..._Skipjacks.html

Has anyone ever heard of them? Does anyone know of a better route to go?

The Skipjacks were once the Washington Capitals farm team. Every once and a while you'll see real replicas or authentics pop up on Ebay. It's got to be better then funding yet another unlicensed vendor. There was a GW that ended for under $300 a few days ago.

Edited by SJP20, 16 November 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#288 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

The Skipjacks were once the Washington Capitals farm team. Every once and a while you'll see real replicas or authentics pop up on Ebay. It's got to be better then funding yet another unlicensed vendor. There was a GW that ended for under $300 a few days ago.

Yeah, I've seen some of the later jerseys around, but it's the green one I'd like. The later ones just look like old Caps sweaters with a logo that looks like it belongs on a cheesy seafood restaurant.

Posted Image

I'm in no rush, really, so it can't hurt to wait it out. Thanks.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 16 November 2011 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image

#289 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, I've seen some of the later jerseys around, but it's the green one I'd like. The later ones just look like old Caps sweaters with a logo that looks like it belongs on a cheesy seafood restaurant.

Posted Image

I'm in no rush, really, so it can't hurt to wait it out. Thanks.

LOL, is that Shawn Cronin's jersey? "Cronin" the Barbarian, love the sleeve modifications.

#290 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

The Skipjacks were the Penguins farm team for a few years before they switched to the Caps, so you might also find their jerseys in Pens colors with the same logo as on the Caps-era shirts.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#291 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

The Skipjacks were the Penguins farm team for a few years before they switched to the Caps, so you might also find their jerseys in Pens colors with the same logo as on the Caps-era shirts.

Ah, you appear to be correct sir. Pics of that era of Skipjacks jerseys seem to be harder to find. This old Mike Gillis shot is the cleanest one I could find after a quick search (though I think he was Bruins property at the time):

Posted Image

That's way less gag-inducing than the Caps-era jerseys. I bet they're harder to find, too.
Posted Image

#292 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Does anybody know a good place to get an Authentic Parise USA jersey? Trying to get one for my girl for christmas
Posted Image

#293 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

Got my green larsson jersey. im sure itll be the first one in the arena or one of them hopefully. And its signed by teddy and adam wooo!!!!

#294 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Got my green larsson jersey. im sure itll be the first one in the arena or one of them hopefully. And its signed by teddy and adam wooo!!!!

Green? As in throwback?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#295 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

You are very far from the first to have either at the arena.

#296 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

And even more dissapointing considering there's no Retro Night this year.

#297 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

Green? As in throwback?

Yes throwback

#298 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

Oh im very far from having the first? lol yeah i saw soooo many larsson jerseys at the rock let alone retros signed by him. and either what? I mentioned one thing????? its like ur offended i said it haha get a life buddy.

#299 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

And even more dissapointing considering there's no Retro Night this year.

Yes its extremely disappointing i wont be able to wear my jersey because theres no retro night......
Pause nahttt. Im gunna wear it reguardless what jerseys they wear, it doesnt matter what color jersey theyre wearing on the ice unless theyre having a whiteout or something

#300 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

im pretty sure he's not that far from being the first. i would be very surprised to see sections of green throwback Larsson jerseys

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users