942 replies to this topic

#341 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Looks like Meigray has formally announced the 2012 Jersey aka "Jersexy" Expo again at the conference center at RVCC in North Branch, NJ (Branchburg) for Saturday, July 14th.

Meigray Jersey Expo

#342 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

I was at Hockey Haus in Bound Brook yesterday and they still have some of the pre-Edge CCM Devils jerseys for $49. These are a great alternative for people who are considering buying a knockoff. They also have some 2002 Czech Republic jerseys as well as a few other assorted old jerseys.

They also had pre-Edge Flyers jerseys too in case you are looking for a doormat or high quality toilet paper.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#343 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I was at Hockey Haus in Bound Brook yesterday and they still have some of the pre-Edge CCM Devils jerseys for $49. These are a great alternative for people who are considering buying a knockoff. They also have some 2002 Czech Republic jerseys as well as a few other assorted old jerseys.

They also had pre-Edge Flyers jerseys too in case you are looking for a doormat or high quality toilet paper.

lol nice do they still have that Capitals Blue-Eagle Jagr jersey that has been sitting on the rack for ages?

#344 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

lol nice do they still have that Capitals Blue-Eagle Jagr jersey that has been sitting on the rack for ages?

Haha they did have a Capitals jersey from that era, I didn't notice if it had a name on it though, and I think it was the white one.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#345 Esic5

Esic5

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

I've been looking into buying a blank reebok premier and customizing it through exclusive pro. I'm thinking about getting henrique or larsson on the back. Which do you think is the safer bet?

#346 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

I have a bit of a dilema. Last winter, I bought a Christmas tree jersey, sized XL from NHL.com and was going to customize it to a Broduer #29, and pick up the patches through Dorholt. One thing led to another and I was unable to take care of it when I wanted.

Flash forward to Tuesday. I was thinking of going to the Rock to watch the game yesterday. I was going to wear the jersey, which has never been worn before. I put it on to see how I looked and looked the mirror. The jersey is humongous on me. The sleeves alone make me look like Rocky The Flying Squirrel.

See, I have been going to the gym and dieting on and off for almost 3 years. When I got the jersey last year, it fit. Since I shed a few lbs, it looks like I'm swimming in it.

I put on my Edge Broduer jersey and it seems to fit fine. What gives?

Now, I need to figure out my options. Do I sell the jersey and get a L? Keep it in case I get fat again?
HAs this ever happened to you guys? If so, what did you do?

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#347 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

I have a bit of a dilema. Last winter, I bought a Christmas tree jersey, sized XL from NHL.com and was going to customize it to a Broduer #29, and pick up the patches through Dorholt. One thing led to another and I was unable to take care of it when I wanted.

Flash forward to Tuesday. I was thinking of going to the Rock to watch the game yesterday. I was going to wear the jersey, which has never been worn before. I put it on to see how I looked and looked the mirror. The jersey is humongous on me. The sleeves alone make me look like Rocky The Flying Squirrel.

See, I have been going to the gym and dieting on and off for almost 3 years. When I got the jersey last year, it fit. Since I shed a few lbs, it looks like I'm swimming in it.

I put on my Edge Broduer jersey and it seems to fit fine. What gives?

Now, I need to figure out my options. Do I sell the jersey and get a L? Keep it in case I get fat again?
HAs this ever happened to you guys? If so, what did you do?

Mike

The edge jerseys have a totally different cut than the old ccm style jerseys. The edge jerseys are more form fitting than the old ccm's and that accounts for the size difference. Another factor might be because the replica edge jerseys they make these days are made of materials that are of lesser quality to the real edge jerseys the players wear than the ccm replicas which were closer to what the players wore when they wore those jerseys.

I have a bunch of the ccm Christmas jerseys and the arms are the part that is kinda large, but that's how they make them. While I am comfortably a XL on the edge jerseys, I am mounds in between a L and XL for the ccm's

What's funny too is that the ccm jerseys got larger over the years. I have some old Christmas jerseys from the late 80s and early 90s that are ccm that are XL and fit more like today's L or somewhere between a medium and a large. I guess people just got bigger and fatter lol

#348 MikeyBacks

MikeyBacks

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Anyone know where I can buy an A patch?

#349 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Anyone know where I can buy an A patch?

Exclusive Pro

Edited by devilsfan26, 28 May 2012 - 01:24 AM.

--John Buccigross

#350 icecop22

icecop22

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Does anyone have a source for the NJ logo/crest on the front of the jersey? One on my authentic jersey's had an unfortunate accident and the only crests I've found so far are the embroidered ones for replicas. Thanks in advance!

#351 MB30HOF

MB30HOF

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hey, sorry to post this here but I can't start a new topic since I'm new and didn't see any for identifying real game used sticks, so could you help me out and tell me if either or both of these are game used sticks?
http://www.kskscolle...uct/Detail/6597
http://www.americanm...=martin brodeur

Thanks

#352 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hey, sorry to post this here but I can't start a new topic since I'm new and didn't see any for identifying real game used sticks, so could you help me out and tell me if either or both of these are game used sticks?
http://www.kskscolle...uct/Detail/6597
http://www.americanm...=martin brodeur

Thanks

Both appear to be legitimate Brodeur PRACTICE used sticks...

But it is impossible to tell for sure based on the limited photographs of both...but seem legit...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#353 MB30HOF

MB30HOF

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Both appear to be legitimate Brodeur PRACTICE used sticks...

But it is impossible to tell for sure based on the limited photographs of both...but seem legit...

Alright, Thanks man

#354 RayT

RayT

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Anyone know where I can get the 2012 Cup Final patch?

#355 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'd be grateful if you guys could take a look at this jersey. :) LINK. Keep in mind it's an Rbk Premier, so no authentic. I've been analizing it with a friend of mine who is a jersey geek and he says he's 95% sure it's legit, but then again, he's not a Devils fan, so he doesn't have a Devs jersey for comparison. One thing I'm not sure about this jersey is the bottom: the white part seems kinda short to me, but as I said: this is a bit different than what players wear on the ice and we don't have an Devils Premier to compare it to.

Thanks in advance!

#356 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Anyone know where I can get the 2012 Cup Final patch?

I bought one at the NHL Store in NYC.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#357 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I bought one at the NHL Store in NYC.

did it have the backing on it?

#358 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Not sure as I haven't opened it yet (I know I'll lose it if I do, so it's hanging on my wall in it's packaging til I get a jersey to attach it to), but it doesn't look like it does as far as I can tell.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#359 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Was at the NHL store in NYC this afternoon and they were sold out of the finals patches. Devils den at the arena still has them for $20

#360 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

All the official patches have the backing on it, but it is easy to remove. Here is how it is done.
--John Buccigross

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users