823 replies to this topic

#541 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

I don't have a Devils Vintage (CCM) jersey yet; that's why I contacted SportsK about their photo of that jersey.

What I do have are 1) a white Devils Edge Premier 1 (i.e. Reebok vectors logo) that has a perfectly attached crest and 2) a red Devils Edge Premier 2 (i.e. Reebok wordmark logo) that has a crest that isn't attached quite right.  (I also have a few older CCM replicas that I picked up for cheap at Ollie's Bargain Outlets.)  Neither of these Reebok jerseys are authentics; they are Edge Premier (i.e. replicas that sell for $120-125 or so at most legitimate and some illegitimate websites).  I bought both of the jerseys through SportsK, roughly one month apart (white jersey was bought first).

Incidentally, I did look at the tags on the Devils Vintage CCM jersey on both the SportsK website and one of the popular, reputable websites (probably either IceJerseys.com or CoolHockey.com, I can't remember which one), and the neck tags looked essentially the same to me.

They are not even remotely close.  Below is a comparison shot.  The one on the left is a picture I have taken of one of my official throwbacks I got at the NHL store in manhattan.  The exact same tag appears on my other two throwbacks; one from Modells back in 2010 and one from J&S Sports Gallery.  The one on the right is from SportsK.  They are not even close.  After the Edge's, the NHL vintage line is the most counterfeited and the one on SportsK looks like the tagging used by those knockoffs you see on ebay for #29 Brodeur with the wrong font and everything.  I have seen one of these in person and they look decent, but there are a few details wrong and the sizing is wonky, usually with the sleeve lengths being too short.

gallery_3795_169_2283.jpg

#542 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

The funny thing about the CCM Vintage jersey tags is the tags I remember seeing on jerseys sold in the brick and mortar stores is the tag on the right.

Edited by CHIP72, 12 March 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#543 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

The funny thing about the CCM Vintage jersey tags is the tags I remember seeing on jerseys sold in the brick and mortar stores is the tag on the right.

Which ones? I have never seen the ones on the right except on eBay or the knockoff sites

#544 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Here's a comparison of the blue Colorado Rockies jerseys (which I now remember were the jerseys where I was checking the tags) on CoolHockey.com and SportsK.com:

CoolHockey:

rockies_l.jpg

SportsK:

http://www.sportsk.c...ey-jerseys.html (sorry, it wouldn't let me post an image)

I'm pretty sure the tags are the same on both jerseys.

Edited by CHIP72, 12 March 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#545 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Here's a comparison of the blue Colorado Rockies jerseys (which I now remember were the jerseys where I was checking the tags) on CoolHockey.com and SportsK.com:

CoolHockey:

rockies_l.jpg

SportsK:

http://www.sportsk.c...ey-jerseys.html (sorry, it wouldn't let me post an image)

I'm pretty sure the tags are the same on both jerseys.

The sportsk rockies jersey looks wonky ad hell and Cool hockey has been known to be suspect at times. Still why does sportsk have the knockoff devils throwback up there?

Also both have been known to be terrible at customizing.

#546 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

DevsMan84 - frankly, I think your jersey standards are a lot higher than mine (or most other people's).  I think your standard is if the players on the ice didn't wear it, it's fake.  There's nothing wrong with that, though that is a higher standard than I need.

From looking around the internet on other hockey forums, it appears CoolHockey and SportsK (and a few other sites, like IceJerseys and FansEdge) are legitimate hockey jersey and sports apparel sellers.  Heck, the unofficial NHL Uniforms database site - http://www.nhluniforms.com/ - is partially sponsored by CoolHockey and was previously sponsored by SportsK.

Notwithstanding our different jersey standard thresholds, I appreciate your feedback.  If nothing else it made me look more closely at certain websites to convince myself they are legitimate.  Based on my own examination, IMO SportsK and the other sites I mentioned above are legitimate.  I think the issue with my red Devils Edge Premier 2 jersey was that it was an Edge Premier 2, not that SportsK sold it.  I say that because I've seen MANY comments on the internet disparaging the Reebok Edge 2 jerseys, more so the "authentics" but also the replicas.

#547 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Just incase anyone is interested, here is an image of the tag area from a legit authentic retro...

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#548 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

So im sure this question has been asked many times over....

I see everyone mentioning the different series of reebok jerseys in this thread and i was wondering other than the reebok wordmark on the back vs the logo what other ways can you tell the different reebok series apart? Is there a serial number or anything that differentiates them?

My newest jersey has the reebok wordmark and i assume its the newest version. I notice subtle differences with stitching, etc but nothing too major. It does fit a little bigger than i remember. I tried on a jersey that was the same size at the nhl store about a year and a half ago and it fit perectly. This one seems larger. I wonder if it was a different series and the cut chAnged.

Its interesting to see how the replicas have changed through the years. I have old ccms, a koho, and a coupleof reeboks. All very different in material, cut, weight, how the logo is made, etc.

#549 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

My most recent pick up, Muller Rookie with cosby tagging and loop style fight strap  .Looks to previously be a Sulliman jersey

Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#550 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

My most recent pick up, Muller Rookie with cosby tagging and loop style fight strap .Looks to previously be a Sulliman jersey
8557559815_1082c7fee7.jpg

8557559821_126dffbf18.jpg

Very nice! I take it not game worn? Still love those Cosby jerseys from the 80's.

#551 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Very nice! I take it not game worn? Still love those Cosby jerseys from the 80's.

Thanks, I was thinking it might be game worn myself. I don't see many early Devils authentics unless they are game worn, but this jersey is in way too good of condition.

#552 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thanks, I was thinking it might be game worn myself. I don't see many early Devils authentics unless they are game worn, but this jersey is in way too good of condition.

Yeah most of the older game worms from that time are pretty hammered. Got it through eBay or a collector?

#553 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Yeah most of the older game worms from that time are pretty hammered. Got it through eBay or a collector?

Found it on eBay

#554 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Just incase anyone is interested, here is an image of the tag area from a legit authentic retro...

retroauth.jpg

Any chance you have an authentic retro night jersey (RBK Edge) that you'd be willing to sell?

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#555 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Where is the best place to get an authentic jersey these days.. And I don't mean some cheapo I do edge piece of garbage.. I mean one of the actual ones that the players wear.. I tried some of the links on the first page of this thread and none of them seem to have anything available I even tried NHL.com and the only thing I could find their are the replicas.. I looked on meigray for a blank figuring I could just send it somewhere for the name plate and numbers but they didnt have any available... I would just buy a clarky game worn if he resigns but he wears like a 58 I think it was and thats way too big my jersey size is only a large which I beleive is like a 50 or a 52?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#556 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Where is the best place to get an authentic jersey these days.. And I don't mean some cheapo I do edge piece of garbage.. I mean one of the actual ones that the players wear.. I tried some of the links on the first page of this thread and none of them seem to have anything available I even tried NHL.com and the only thing I could find their are the replicas.. I looked on meigray for a blank figuring I could just send it somewhere for the name plate and numbers but they didnt have any available... I would just buy a clarky game worn if he resigns but he wears like a 58 I think it was and thats way too big my jersey size is only a large which I beleive is like a 50 or a 52?

I have a blank Edge from MeiGray, size 52, white, brand new with tags. PM me if you're interested.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#557 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

I would like an Andy Greene tee where may I find it? I don't see it through NHL.com or fansedge

#558 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

I would like an Andy Greene tee where may I find it? I don't see it through NHL.com or fansedge

Nah I think the only place you can get it is at the arena.

I know NHL.com won't allow you to put current players in an if you do, the system rejects it. I heard if a trick where you just put a space before and after the name and it will allow it. Like if you want Greene just type [space]GREENE[space] and it should allow it

#559 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Thanks I ask because my last name is Green lol

#560 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

JAG Sports Marketing is "auctioning" a game worn Ryan Carter jersey off today...ends at 2 p.m. on Facebook: https://www.facebook...05584655&type=1

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users