840 replies to this topic

#561 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

JAG Sports Marketing is "auctioning" a game worn Ryan Carter jersey off today...ends at 2 p.m. on Facebook: https://www.facebook...05584655&type=1

The bidding is already up to $250.

If I was to sell this to the open market, I would say I could get approx $200.  We all know some dope will probably drop over $350 for this so god speed to them.

Again this is what I am figuring as they do not list the year and set #.

Oh and BTW I have been seriously LOLing at the guys on gameworn.net going nuts over the Meigray grab bag they are having now.  $299 for a single "pull" and no return for credit offers.  I did the grab bag last year and it will be the last one I ever do.  Never again will I be a sucker for these things.

#562 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

it doesnt even say what size that carter jersey is? i would probably pay up to $300 for it if it was atleast wearable... figuring that authentic jerseys are almost that amount to begin with
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#563 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

it doesnt even say what size that carter jersey is? i would probably pay up to $300 for it if it was atleast wearable... figuring that authentic jerseys are almost that amount to begin with

According to the posting, the Carter is a size 56.

#564 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

which translates out to what like a xxl? ... all the game worns are too damn big to wear, sucks.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#565 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

which translates out to what like a xxl? ... all the game worns are too damn big to wear, sucks.

I wear an XL for the Premier replicas and a size 56 would probably fit just right for that.  I have a Greene size 56 game worn and a White size 58+ game worn and the Greene fits me better.

The game worns are also cut a little differently than the replicas or the "official" Indo-Edges.  They also tend to have shorter sleeves too.

#566 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

so if i wear a large jersey then i could most likely get away with a size 56 game worn being im 6' about 190lb's.. ive been nervous about buying one and it being like a dress id never wear it and it would be a waste of an investment for me..very good to know, thanks man!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#567 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

so if i wear a large jersey then i could most likely get away with a size 56 game worn being im 6' about 190lb's.. ive been nervous about buying one and it being like a dress id never wear it and it would be a waste of an investment for me..very good to know, thanks man!

It might be a tiny bit big on you, but I think you should be fine.

It can't be nearly as bad as I see a 5'9, 160 pound guy I see wear a Devils Mitchell and Ness size 60 jersey lol.

#568 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Edge jerseys all fit pretty similarly, in my opinion. I am 5'10" and I have worn a 52, 54, and 56 and felt fine in all of them. 58 would be pushing it though.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#569 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Dorholt is really something else.  Look at him trying to rip off his own customers.

If you go to his website below, you will see the White Retro devils jerseys are all marked as sold out for $99.

http://dorholtcustom...rchasepage.html

Yet, if you go on ebay and his eBay alias, lo and behold he has a white retro devils jersey, but for $125 starting bid or $150 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/...c7#ht_175wt_958

This is not the first time I have caught him doing this over the past year.  Guy has had these as "sold out" forever yet he has plenty to sell for more money on eBay.

#570 Drifter77

Drifter77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Dorholt is really something else.  Look at him trying to rip off his own customers.

If you go to his website below, you will see the White Retro devils jerseys are all marked as sold out for $99.

http://dorholtcustom...rchasepage.html

Yet, if you go on ebay and his eBay alias, lo and behold he has a white retro devils jersey, but for $125 starting bid or $150 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/...c7#ht_175wt_958

This is not the first time I have caught him doing this over the past year.  Guy has had these as "sold out" forever yet he has plenty to sell for more money on eBay.

I'm not sure what the guy's doing.  His website is all jacked up and all those jersey's are "sold out."  But if you email him, he'll tell you they're in stock for the stated price of $99 (+$50 for customization).  Then he puts these on ebay for up to $50 more.  He's kinda all over the place.

I've seen a few of his repro's in person at the arena, and they're not bad.  Judging from the inside label, the jerseys themselves look to be made by Pedersons, who used to make the North Stars on ice jersey's I think.  I've been on the lookout for an Xmas White for a while, but the "real deal" can be had on ebay for about the same price if you're patient.

Edited by Drifter77, 22 April 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#571 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

I'm not sure what the guy's doing.  His website is all jacked up and all those jersey's are "sold out."  But if you email him, he'll tell you they're in stock for the stated price of $99 (+$50 for customization).  Then he puts these on ebay for up to $50 more.  He's kinda all over the place.

I've seen a few of his repro's in person at the arena, and they're not bad.  Judging from the inside label, the jerseys themselves look to be made by Pedersons, who used to make the North Stars on ice jersey's I think.  I've been on the lookout for an Xmas White for a while, but the "real deal" can be had on ebay for about the same price if you're patient.

I've seen his jerseys at the Rock in person too, and they range from somewhat passable to outright brutal.  I saw a guy recently wearing a white X-mas jersey at the Rock and the sizing was all wonky and the stitching had crooked letters.  Not only that but the NHL 75th anniversary patch was a too-large reproduction and the Devils 10th anniversary patch was not only a bad reporoduction (you can tell because the reproductions are missing the silverish threading inside the "10"), but it was sewn in the wrong place.  Instead of an inch or 2 to the left of the CCM label on the back bottom hem, it was sewn dead-center on the bottom back hem (so about 3-4 inches off from where it should be).  Not only that but the striping all over the jersey was way off.  It looked a mess.  I really do not know why people go to him when he is trying to rip off his own customers.  If he has the stuff in stock, he should say so instead of people catching him in the act like this.

But who am I kidding trying to expect better from a guy who makes domestic knockoffs.

Edited by DevsMan84, 22 April 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#572 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

I finally got my #3 jersey and #14 Henrique jerseys both home jerseys. 

#573 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Someone had posted pictures of their custom Brouder Christmas Jersey throwback a while back. I'm having mine done during the summer and was wondering if whoever it was could please repost those pictures.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted Image
Posted Image

#574 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Someone had posted pictures of their custom Brouder Christmas Jersey throwback a while back. I'm having mine done during the summer and was wondering if whoever it was could please repost those pictures.

Thanks,

Mike

Looking for authenticity to that when Brodeur was a rookie in 91-92 season or looking for something that looks like now?  If now you have a CCM replica that they have been selling or an authentic Reebok Edge version?

#575 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

Looking for authenticity to that when Brodeur was a rookie in 91-92 season or looking for something that looks like now?  If now you have a CCM replica that they have been selling or an authentic Reebok Edge version?

I have the replica they have been selling (gift from ex gf). I would like it to look as close to what Marty wore his rookie year.

Mike

Posted Image
Posted Image

#576 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

I have the replica they have been selling (gift from ex gf). I would like it to look as close to what Marty wore his rookie year.

Mike

Cool just remember that he was #29, had the NHL 75th anniversary patch, and the font they used that year was a little different than what they use now.  If you want 100% accuracy you also need the Devils 10th Anniversary patch, but the authentic ones are hard to find.  Below is a picture of my Lemieux that I had done this past winter by EPS.  I provided the NHL 75th and Devils 10th patches and they matched it up to the game-worn Lemieux he wore that year (in the link).

gallery_3795_169_61231.jpg

gallery_3795_169_5028.jpg

http://www.lelands.c...y-Devils-Jersey

#577 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Thank you so much for the help.

I have seen the Devils 10th anniversery patch on Dorholt, but I wasn't sure about it. It might be the only spot I can find one. The 75th patches I can get easily on ebay.

I may just go without the 10th anniversery until I can find one and get swen on later.

Where would be the best place to send the jersey out for lettering? I am hoping that the jersey I have can stand the lettering.

Mike

Posted Image
Posted Image

#578 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thank you so much for the help.

I have seen the Devils 10th anniversery patch on Dorholt, but I wasn't sure about it. It might be the only spot I can find one. The 75th patches I can get easily on ebay.

I may just go without the 10th anniversery until I can find one and get swen on later.

Where would be the best place to send the jersey out for lettering? I am hoping that the jersey I have can stand the lettering.

Mike

EPS would be the best place to get it done. Just make sure you email them before and provide pictures. They do a great job on vintage jerseys.

Don't buy the 10th or anything from Dorholt. Not only is his stuff just domestic knockoffs, but badly done knockoffs. The 10th and NHL 75th patches he makes are low quality. You can find better ones on eBay. If you can't find the 10th I would say wait.

#579 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

is that the company name EPS or is that intials?

Mike

Posted Image
Posted Image

#580 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

They are Exclusive Pro Sports.  I saw on their FB that their site was down last night due to the storms in the midwest.

They are located in Rockford, IL.  I sent them a couple of jerseys a month ago and they told me the turnaround time right now is 8-12 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users