856 replies to this topic

#621 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

While not really a jersey but at Modell's this weekend I see they are now selling Jagr player tee's for $25.  I had a 20% off coupon so I used it on that.

Any other player Tee's? Did you see a Zajac?

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 19 August 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#622 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Any other player Tee's? Did you see a Zajac?

Yeah I mean I see Zajac, Henrique and Brodeur as well.

They also have the in clearance section Clarkson and Kovy for $10 I believe lol.

(I also hate the newer player tees they put out the same time the jerseys switched from the Reebok vector to the wordmark.  The names on the tees are now tiny, the materials are thinner and the lettering starts to fade/peel off in the laundry must quicker.  Now I have to make sure to turn them inside out when I wash and dry them)

#623 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

So I finally put on the Jagr player tee and I think this is the last player tee I will buy until they fix them.  The material is so thin that the number actually seeped through the shirt to the inside.  When I put it on it felt like I was wearing it inside out as I could feel the entire number on my back.

Between this and the Indo-Edges I hope Reebok loses their apparel and jersey contract with the NHL when it is up in a year or so.

#624 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Between this and the Indo-Edges I hope Reebok loses their apparel and jersey contract with the NHL when it is up in a year or so.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Reebok's contract with the NHL doesn't expire until 2016:

http://www.wickedloc...ome-competition

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#625 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Reebok's contract with the NHL doesn't expire until 2016:

http://www.wickedloc...ome-competition

Dammit lol for some reason I thought it was 2015. Oh well at least I will learn my lesson now and not buy any more of these thin ass player tees until then.

#626 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

EPS just posted this on their Facebook page:

We're buried here at EPS!!!!! Sorry for the delay to anyone waiting. Please be patient, you know it will be worth the wait! All NCAA is out, NHL Sets shipping this week. Once the NFL and NHL get their seasons under way we should be back to normal.

thank you for the orders-EPS

Sounds as if they are slammed with getting team orders for the NCAA and NHL out.

#627 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

EPS just posted this on their Facebook page:

We're buried here at EPS!!!!! Sorry for the delay to anyone waiting. Please be patient, you know it will be worth the wait! All NCAA is out, NHL Sets shipping this week. Once the NFL and NHL get their seasons under way we should be back to normal.

thank you for the orders-EPS

Sounds as if they are slammed with getting team orders for the NCAA and NHL out.

Makes sense.  I sent out 2 jerseys to be done and they received it on June 21st and I still haven't gotten them back yet.  Back in June they quoted me 4-5 weeks because one of my jerseys was more complicated but when I emailed them 2 weeks ago they said they were just getting to my order that week.  As of today still nothing and it has been 9 weeks now.

I'm not going to complain though.  Their quality is just insane so I can wait on it.

#628 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Stopped by Modells in Hamilton today (poor, poor selection of Devils stuff btw). Anyway I saw what you were saying about the new tees vs old tees.  They had an old Zajac size small and a new Henrique size small.  Not only are the materials much different but the price 19.99 for the newer vs 24.99 for the old and the length of each shirt was drastically different.  The newer ones were much longer.  I bought a small Zajac old but was really needing a medium so i'll be returning to the Modells in North Brunswick tomorrow.  Hopefully a better selection size wise.

Update:

Stopped by the North Brunswick store today thinking they would have a large selection since the season is upcoming.  Boy was I wrong. Very similar selection to Hamilton. Mostly kids sizes and L/XL adults.  Had them call Old Bridge and Bridgewater (Somerville) and Somerville had 1 Henrique adult medium so I had them hold it for me.  Crazy that none of these stores have many Devils shirts.  Did see a few Kovy and Clarksons at the $5 rate.  Also noticed these new shirts used to be 19.99 but there were stickers placed over the old price to reflect a 24.99 price.  Must be inflation  :rolleyes:

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 31 August 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#629 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a new jersey before the season starts-I don't really wanna have to wear my Kovy jersey anymore :(

I know there are so many knockoffs, and jerseys with the wrong fonts and what not, so can you guys give me some tips/suggestions for finding the right jersey? 

Thanks

#630 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a new jersey before the season starts-I don't really wanna have to wear my Kovy jersey anymore :(

I know there are so many knockoffs, and jerseys with the wrong fonts and what not, so can you guys give me some tips/suggestions for finding the right jersey?

Thanks

eBay. They have plenty of blanks that are legit and pretty cheap. If you want a name there are some deals on there for older players such as madden for under $100. They are usually not edges but the old CCM's are really nice and last forever.

#631 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

eBay. They have plenty of blanks that are legit and pretty cheap. If you want a name there are some deals on there for older players such as madden for under $100. They are usually not edges but the old CCM's are really nice and last forever.

Ok thanks...but how can I tell if they're legit? I know sometimes just by looking at it, but what other things can I look for?

Also, I'm led to believe the ones on NHL.com aren't a good investment, is this correct?

Edited by NJDEVS1730, 02 September 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#632 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Ok thanks...but how can I tell if they're legit? I know sometimes just by looking at it, but what other things can I look for?

Also, I'm led to believe the ones on NHL.com aren't a good investment, is this correct?

There are usually telltale signs of knockoffs:

1) poorly stitched on fight strap.
2) different shades of red than that the devils wear
3) poor stitching quality overall.
4) numbers and letters appear to be "bubbly" or have a bubbling look to them.
5) NHL shield by the front of the neck is sewn on red fabric instead of black.
6) fake "meigray groop" tag with serial number that does not correspond to correct jersey on meigrys population report (this is not on most counterfeits but pop up here and there)

As for NHL.com they have awful customization but the jerseys they sell are legit premiers for the replicas and indo-edges for the authentics. You can find them blank on other websites and eBay for much cheaper.

#633 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

There are usually telltale signs of knockoffs:

1) poorly stitched on fight strap.
2) different shades of red than that the devils wear
3) poor stitching quality overall.
4) numbers and letters appear to be "bubbly" or have a bubbling look to them.
5) NHL shield by the front of the neck is sewn on red fabric instead of black.
6) fake "meigray groop" tag with serial number that does not correspond to correct jersey on meigrys population report (this is not on most counterfeits but pop up here and there)

As for NHL.com they have awful customization but the jerseys they sell are legit premiers for the replicas and indo-edges for the authentics. You can find them blank on other websites and eBay for much cheaper.

Ok, thanks man!

#634 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Received an invoice from EPS today. Hopefully my jersey is on it's way!

#635 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Received an invoice from EPS today. Hopefully my jersey is on it's way!

Yup pretty much means that lol.  Depending on when you pay your invoice it is either the same day or next day after they receive payment.

#636 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yup pretty much means that lol.  Depending on when you pay your invoice it is either the same day or next day after they receive payment.

Of course I paid immediately ;) I'm guessing it will be here next week.  Very excited.

#637 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Dammit lol for some reason I thought it was 2015. Oh well at least I will learn my lesson now and not buy any more of these thin ass player tees until then.

Based on the new USA/leaked Canada Olympic jerseys, I hope Nike doesn't get the next contract! The fake zigzag laces that they put on the front collars are the worst thing to happen to hockey jerseys since Vancouver's '78-84!

http://sports.yahoo....48899--nhl.html

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#638 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Based on the new USA/leaked Canada Olympic jerseys, I hope Nike doesn't get the next contract! The fake zigzag laces that they put on the front collars are the worst thing to happen to hockey jerseys since Vancouver's '78-84!http://sports.yahoo....48899--nhl.html

honestly, come on now what is that? not only are they the same exact color as the jersey so you have to look closely ( in picture anyway) but god thats just tacky.. less is more sometimes ... less is more
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#639 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hey guys, I got a question regarding getting a New Jersey for the upcoming season. Before I start let it be known that it was my younger brother who started the thread regarding the "wholesale jerseys" that caused so much trouble. I'm posting here because It is my brother birthday soon and wanted to get him a jersey.
I know alot of people like exclusive pro. I have never bought anything from them so I had a few questions:
.are they an actual store or are they only online? I live in lower NY and would go to the store to buy a jersey if it was close.
. If I have a blank jersey can I send it to them?
. Do they have devils retro jerseys
. What are their prices like compared to NHL.com or the Devils den.

I would like some input from other members on the best way to go about getting a jersey. Thanks

#640 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Exclusive Pro (to my knowledge) is a warehouse style place in Illinois.  They do the official lettering for many NCAA and NHL teams including the Devils.  So when you ship your jersey to them you know you're getting the same exact lettering that the Devils players get on their jerseys. They used to also sell jerseys but they don't anymore.  Basically you place an order on their website, ship them your jersey with the order form and wait a while.  When it's done you'll get an invoice from one of the employees there and you'll pay.  They can letter Devils retro jerseys if you ship them one.  Just be very descriptive of what you want. I just had an Elias done there and the lettering cost me $60 and it was $13 to ship it back to me so total charge was $73.  I am expecting it on Monday or Tuesday next week and once I get it i'll post photos.  The Reebok replica jersey cost $90 on Amazon.  So for a total of around $160 I'm getting a legit Reebok replica with official Devils on-ice lettering.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users