Ok thanks...but how can I tell if they're legit? I know sometimes just by looking at it, but what other things can I look for?
Also, I'm led to believe the ones on NHL.com aren't a good investment, is this correct?
There are usually telltale signs of knockoffs:
1) poorly stitched on fight strap.
2) different shades of red than that the devils wear
3) poor stitching quality overall.
4) numbers and letters appear to be "bubbly" or have a bubbling look to them.
5) NHL shield by the front of the neck is sewn on red fabric instead of black.
6) fake "meigray groop" tag with serial number that does not correspond to correct jersey on meigrys population report (this is not on most counterfeits but pop up here and there)
As for NHL.com they have awful customization but the jerseys they sell are legit premiers for the replicas and indo-edges for the authentics. You can find them blank on other websites and eBay for much cheaper.