931 replies to this topic

#741 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

of course you can get a jersey at the arena.. but they are all crappy quality being they are iron on letters and numbers.. everyone here will tell you to order one but it doesnt sound like you will be too into that.. personally if i were you and you were just looking for a simple player like brodeur i would say try you local dicks sporting goods or modells
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#742 Julia Jensen

Julia Jensen

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

of course you can get a jersey at the arena.. but they are all crappy quality being they are iron on letters and numbers.. everyone here will tell you to order one but it doesnt sound like you will be too into that.. personally if i were you and you were just looking for a simple player like brodeur i would say try you local dicks sporting goods or modells

i'd order one if thats the better option, but are they any better through Devils store online then the arena? I would have thought it'd be the same

#743 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

i'd order one if thats the better option, but are they any better through Devils store online then the arena? I would have thought it'd be the same

The devils use shop.nhl.com for their online store and their customization is known as the worst there is. Not only are the letters heat pressed but the letters themselves are made out of this paper/plastic hybrid with drawn-on fake stitching. At least the arena will use twill letters/numbers even though it will still be heat pressed.

If you want something quick and still cheaper than the arena or shop.nhl.com, just go to dicks or modells and buy one from the store. The letters are stitched on and again would be cheaper than the arena or shop.nhl.com even though it won't be 100% perfect.

#744 Julia Jensen

Julia Jensen

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

The devils use shop.nhl.com for their online store and their customization is known as the worst there is. Not only are the letters heat pressed but the letters themselves are made out of this paper/plastic hybrid with drawn-on fake stitching. At least the arena will use twill letters/numbers even though it will still be heat pressed.

If you want something quick and still cheaper than the arena or shop.nhl.com, just go to dicks or modells and buy one from the store. The letters are stitched on and again would be cheaper than the arena or shop.nhl.com even though it won't be 100% perfect.

not looking for anything expensive. As a kid I use to have too Devils jerseys with just logo on the front and no name. I remember them being expensive, but not like 200 bucks lol, I have checked modells, the ones near me barely have anything good lol. Might just buy a cool sweatshirt I saw. Don't need 100 Devil shirts like I do Nets

#745 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

not looking for anything expensive. As a kid I use to have too Devils jerseys with just logo on the front and no name. I remember them being expensive, but not like 200 bucks lol, I have checked modells, the ones near me barely have anything good lol. Might just buy a cool sweatshirt I saw. Don't need 100 Devil shirts like I do Nets

Yeah I mean back in the 90s I remember getting blank replicas for $60-80. Now it's about $120ish for blanks and $150ish for factory customized jerseys.

#746 Julia Jensen

Julia Jensen

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Yeah I mean back in the 90s I remember getting blank replicas for $60-80. Now it's about $120ish for blanks and $150ish for factory customized jerseys.

yeah little too much these days, but hoping to find one in right price area some day. Look on Modells online and haven't found any cheaper. I'm really not picky, just trying to find a cheaper one. If I find one I like that's expensive I'd but it. I'll keep checking lol

#747 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

yeah little too much these days, but hoping to find one in right price area some day. Look on Modells online and haven't found any cheaper. I'm really not picky, just trying to find a cheaper one. If I find one I like that's expensive I'd but it. I'll keep checking lol

Yeah I mean sometimes you can find something on eBay that is reasonable.

Just stay clear of those crappy looking fake aka "wholesale" jerseys lol

#748 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

meigray offered me a zajac game worn from the 12-13 season for $500..good deal???
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#749 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

*Jerseys at Sports Authority also have the crappy paper/plastic numbers/nameplate.

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#750 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

They still aren't "cheap", but SportsK is a legitimate site and they have blank replicas for $98 ($105 including shipping).  That's about the best you'll find unless a sporting goods store has some sort of after season sale.  As far as player lettering, I'll defer to others on here (especially DevsMan84), but SportsK is considered to do a good job, and Exclusive Pro does the lettering for the team and is probably the best option if you want legitimate customization.

NOTE: I just checked the SportsK site, and the red replicas are now $105 without shipping, while the white replicas are still $98.

Edited by CHIP72, 08 March 2014 - 11:43 PM.

#751 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

[quote name="hoekster316" post="1251373" timestamp="1394321179"]

*Jerseys at Sports Authority also have the crappy paper/plastic numbers/nameplate.[/quote

They jerseys they sell are the same factory-customized jerseys that modells and dicks sell. They are not quite the same paper/plastic that NHL.com sells (those have the texture of slightly sturdier construction paper with drawn-on first and second layer stitching). The ones that the chain sporting goods store sell are made of a type of twill but only the first (black) layer is stitched while the upper layer (white or red depending on if the jersey is home or away) is sub laminated on with drawn-on stitching. This is not nearly as good as someone like EPS but still not bad. They are at least somewhat stitched, the font is passable and they actually use airknit nameplates and not twill nameplates. In fact if you get one of the factory customized jerseys you might be ahead of the curve as it looks like jerseys on the very near future will all be sublimated like these. Reasons are they are cheaper, supposedly more rugged as less layers and stitching to take care of and lighter (yeah it's like 1/100000 of a lbs but you know reebok/Adidas will market it as a "feature"). In fact the predators have already been using that for their gamers for the past couple of seasons already and apparently more teams are interested and reebok will push it on the NHL.

But don't worry, reebok will appropriately charge more for this when it happens as it is a new "technology" ;)

They still aren't "cheap", but SportsK is a legitimate site and they have blank replicas for $98 ($105 including shipping). That's about the best you'll find unless a sporting goods store has some sort of after season sale. As far as player lettering, I'll defer to others on here (especially DevsMan84), but SportsK is considered to do a good job, and Exclusive Pro does the lettering for the team and is probably the best option if you want legitimate customization.

NOTE: I just checked the SportsK site, and the red replicas are now $105 without shipping, while the white replicas are still $98.

Yeah EPS is indeed the best as they do the devils on-ice jerseys.

As for sportsk, I have bought blanks from them and they always are legit. I also have to reverse my earlier judgement of their customization as after seeing some more recent customizations by them they look to be quite solid. Def an option.

#752 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

Sportsk's customizing is done by Triple Threat Sports, they do a great job. Never had any problems. Only issue is, they don't have the material for the current jersey's nameplates. Hardly noticeable to a casual fan, but jersey collectors don't like that.

If that matters to you, Exclusive Pro Sports is the place to go, they have the material and do a great job.

#753 Crashline95

Crashline95

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

I just bought my brother a red replica at the arena am planning on sending it to Exclusive Pro to get a name stitched on.  Should I have bought an authentic? Is there a huge difference in quality? And will EP lettering work with a replica? Any and all comments welcome!

#754 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

I just bought my brother a red replica at the arena am planning on sending it to Exclusive Pro to get a name stitched on. Should I have bought an authentic? Is there a huge difference in quality? And will EP lettering work with a replica? Any and all comments welcome!

Yes, EPS will work on your replica.

In terms of should you have gotten an authentic, it's up to you. Factors like personal taste and budget seems to be the biggest factors in there and if budget is your biggest concern then you are fine. Most fans really don't care as long as they have something to wear and that's fine. I have a good mix of replicas, authentics and game worns in my collection of about 40 or so jerseys.

The quality is def different but the jerseys sold today by reebok as "authentics" are not the jerseys worn by the players on the ice. Differences are they have a lesser quality construction, the materials are more like the replicas, cheaper fight strap quality and are made in Indonesia instead of Canada. These are called by jersey collectors "indoedges" and they have been around since the start of the 2011-12 season. For your reference that is when reebok switched from the vector logo on the back neck to the wordmark where it just says "reebok." Right now the only way to get the true jerseys the devils wear on the ice is to buy either a game worn, game issued or once in a while meigray has some on clearance.

#755 Crashline95

Crashline95

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Thanks. I ask because I have a CCM Replica from a few years ago and the quality of the material is so much better than the Reebok Replicas.  It seems like the Reeboks wrinkle very easilly and may not last as long. But the authentics cost serious money. 

#756 Crashline95

Crashline95

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

But it's good to know that the high-quality stitching will still go well with the Replica jersey. 

#757 Crashline95

Crashline95

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

DevsMan - what are some of the players you have on your jerseys? I'm thinking about going old school with a Claude 22...

#758 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

DevsMan - what are some of the players you have on your jerseys? I'm thinking about going old school with a Claude 22...

On my old CCM's I have Stevens, Lemieux, nieuwendyk, gilmour, peluso, Elias, etc.

Claude is always a good choice.

#759 Crashline95

Crashline95

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

I think the CCM jerseys are much nicer than the Reeboks. Do you agree? What are your thoughts on the quality of this jersey? And do you know where I can find a red CCM jersey that is blank? (that way I can send to EP for the best stitching -- also, for older players it makes sense to have the CCM style I think) 

#760 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

I think the CCM jerseys are much nicer than the Reeboks. Do you agree? What are your thoughts on the quality of this jersey? And do you know where I can find a red CCM jersey that is blank? (that way I can send to EP for the best stitching -- also, for older players it makes sense to have the CCM style I think)

For replicas the CCM 550's are nicer and have a better build. The only knock I have against them is that they just run big compared to the reeboks.

That jersey is fine, but overpriced. That eBay seller is notorious for selling overpriced replicas. You can get a blank and send it to EPS for about half the price but you would just have to wait a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users