#821 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

No problem.

I also see you post on the jersey thread on HFBoards too.  I never do as most of the regular posters on that thread don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.  I see a guy actually vouching for Locker Room Sports on there recently lol.  All that seller is good for is selling overpriced and incorrectly customized replicas to suckers.  An example is that Stevens white replica throwback he has for $250.  Get it for $110-120 from sportsk and then send it to EPS to get it customized and you have a properly customized white throwback replica for less than $200.

And don't get me started on Dorholt :rolleyes:

I can't personally comment one way or the other on Dorholt's quality, but IMO if customization is highly important to someone, I think it would dumb for that person to NOT go to the company that does the Devils' own customization.  That's especially true if someone is (usually) spending extra money and buying a true authentic jersey rather than merely a good replica.  (In the latter case, I'd personally be okay with excellent but not perfect customization if I was saving significant money.)

#822 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

I can't personally comment one way or the other on Dorholt's quality, but IMO if customization is highly important to someone, I think it would dumb for that person to NOT go to the company that does the Devils' own customization.  That's especially true if someone is (usually) spending extra money and buying a true authentic jersey rather than merely a good replica.  (In the latter case, I'd personally be okay with excellent but not perfect customization if I was saving significant money.)

Thing is you are not saving significant money with Dorholt.  I see he usually charges $50 plus $10 for shipping for customization.  EPS charges $60 plus shipping (usually $13-15) for customization.  Thats only $13-15 more to ensure exact and perfect customization.  The only thing Dorholt has over EPS is turnaround time where it looks like he gets stuff out within a week or two while EPS takes anywhere from 3-8 weeks (for current Devils jerseys in me experience it takes EPS 4-6 weeks on average).  I guess Dorholt is for the people who just cannot wait an extra 2-4 weeks to make sure things are done right and are the "instant gratifcation" crowd.

#823 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

everyone is different with their jersey priorities. some people who are extremely into it and it is a big hobby to them like you devsman which is great because you know the in's and out's so to say when anyone including myself has questions and then the huge group of people who dont care what the jersey is made of and buy china jerseys.. my brother is a big jets fan he has to have over 30 jets jerseys.. 25 of which are knock offs, but he simply doesnt care he would rather buy 5 of what he feels to be real good quality knock off jerseys than spend hundreds of dollars just for one. As for myself im somewhere in the middle, since i have discovered the world of game worn jerseys last year i have formed a huge interest in them, however most of which are quite exspensive and i have acquired 3 so far and plan to pick up more as time goes on.. i have a regular authentic in my collection that is framed and auto'd i have a knock off in my closet and i have 2 off the ccm jerseys that are equivilant to i guess the premiers. what im getting at is most people do not value quality as much as a lot of us hardcore fans on this site, they just want a jersey to have a good jersey and the cheaper the better for them which is why the market for knock offs is high.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#824 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

everyone is different with their jersey priorities. some people who are extremely into it and it is a big hobby to them like you devsman which is great because you know the in's and out's so to say when anyone including myself has questions and then the huge group of people who dont care what the jersey is made of and buy china jerseys.. my brother is a big jets fan he has to have over 30 jets jerseys.. 25 of which are knock offs, but he simply doesnt care he would rather buy 5 of what he feels to be real good quality knock off jerseys than spend hundreds of dollars just for one. As for myself im somewhere in the middle, since i have discovered the world of game worn jerseys last year i have formed a huge interest in them, however most of which are quite exspensive and i have acquired 3 so far and plan to pick up more as time goes on.. i have a regular authentic in my collection that is framed and auto'd i have a knock off in my closet and i have 2 off the ccm jerseys that are equivilant to i guess the premiers. what im getting at is most people do not value quality as much as a lot of us hardcore fans on this site, they just want a jersey to have a good jersey and the cheaper the better for them which is why the market for knock offs is high.

I can understand people's preferences and priorities in terms of jerseys can be much different than mine, but I wish they were a little more consistent with it which is where most of my problem is with these people.

People go to Dorholt because they do not know better.  My big beef with him is that a couple years ago I saw how he was trying to scam his own customers.  He was listing the white Xmas jersey back then on his site as being "sold out" for quite some time but on eBay he was selling them for $50 more at the same time.  Not only that but his quality is just terrible and you will notice a lot of the same people in his various "customer satisfaction" photos on his website.

In terms of quality, the knockoffs are crap.  When the first waves started hitting when the Edge system was introduce, I will admit they were not bad.  However, every year they look worse and worse and since the jerseys switched from logo to wordmark in 2011, all knockoffs look terrible.  I have posted a couple of times the guy's Henrique jersey where the Q is completely messed up and it looks like the name was split into 2.  That is not the only one I have seen with that issue and even for $30 I bet he was not exactly thrilled to see it.

But my other big issue is when a lot of these people whine and cry poverty about spending money on an official jersey, but in the end buy a ton of alcohol at the arena and other Devils stuff.  I again understand people's priorities are different so why not just say that they are too cheap to shell out on a jersey but no problem spending the same amount on tickets and booze to the arena?  It's this hypocritical crap that gets me.  In the end though as another poster told me privately it is at least good they are supporting the team.  That and arguing about this with other Devils fans who are non-jersey people is basically pissing in the wind which is why I do not talk about this as much lately as I used to.

I will end by saying that the one thing that does need to happen is Reebok really needs to re-think their price points for their jersey and just make the indo-edges the semi-pro level while cutting the prices for them and the premiers.  They will still make a profit by increasing volume and taking a bite out of the knockoff sales.

#825 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

So this came in the mail today! Been wanting a white retro for a while, and who better than Mr Devils himself!

Will have to get it signed when I'm over next February!

10580964_10154414469360136_4630290154273

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#826 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Nice enjoy it! im expecting a jersey in the mail today too
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#827 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

So this came in the mail today! Been wanting a white retro for a while, and who better than Mr Devils himself!

Will have to get it signed when I'm over next February!

10580964_10154414469360136_4630290154273

Who did the customization work?  Just curious because it looks like they actually got it right as the early 90's font was different than the current ones.  The current ones are more "boxy" with the numbers and letters while the early 90's jerseys are more roundish (the jersey style you have is from the 90-92 era style where the green trim was smaller on the shoulders).

I see a lot of customizers take shortcuts by cutting the letters and numbers with the current font but using the retro colors.  Drives me crazy as a jersey nut.

#828 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:55 AM

Who did the customization work?  Just curious because it looks like they actually got it right as the early 90's font was different than the current ones.  The current ones are more "boxy" with the numbers and letters while the early 90's jerseys are more roundish (the jersey style you have is from the 90-92 era style where the green trim was smaller on the shoulders).

I see a lot of customizers take shortcuts by cutting the letters and numbers with the current font but using the retro colors.  Drives me crazy as a jersey nut.

Whilst I am glad to hear that they're pretty good at their work, it wouldn't of worried me in the slightest if it was the modern font and not quite accurate - I guess I'm not a jersey nut like yourself! Haha!

Anyways, I ordered it through Sportsk.com - they did the customization work as well.

Unfortunately the option for sending it to Exclusive Pro just wasn't on the cards for me and was much easier for them to do the whole lot.

But yeah, definitely happy knowing they're pretty good at their job! :)

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#829 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

Whilst I am glad to hear that they're pretty good at their work, it wouldn't of worried me in the slightest if it was the modern font and not quite accurate - I guess I'm not a jersey nut like yourself! Haha!

Anyways, I ordered it through Sportsk.com - they did the customization work as well.

Unfortunately the option for sending it to Exclusive Pro just wasn't on the cards for me and was much easier for them to do the whole lot.

But yeah, definitely happy knowing they're pretty good at their job! :)

Yeah I have to say the more and more I see sportk's work, the more I like it.  They did a good job on yours and was wondering as I see on their website they have a pre-customized white retro with Lemieux on it, but the numbers are using the current font which is incorrect.

At this point I would say sportsk does the 2nd best work after EPS for Devils jerseys.

#830 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

next time sportsk has one of those sales i think im going to scoop up a jagr or schneider.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#831 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Yeah I have to say the more and more I see sportk's work, the more I like it.  They did a good job on yours and was wondering as I see on their website they have a pre-customized white retro with Lemieux on it, but the numbers are using the current font which is incorrect.

At this point I would say sportsk does the 2nd best work after EPS for Devils jerseys.

Yeah, this is the second jersey I've received from them, this was the pre-customized Daneyko, so I can't complain. Not used to the CCM material either, feels heavier, but very glad I got it. Half my wardrobe is jerseys lol.

jerseys3.png

#832 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

I need the expert jersey opinions on this item:  http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a962cd1e7

From first glance it looks like it could be legit but I'm not an expert by far.  The fact this guy doesnt seem to have any paperwork with it scares me.  As well as taking a look through his recent feedback I don't see any other gamers.  Would a 48 XL be a common size for a goalie from this era?  

I never had an opportunity (aide from 1 listed on MeiGray that was in rough shape and seemed overpriced) to grab a Terreri game-used jersey.  If real this is a really really awesome opportunity for me.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 27 August 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#833 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

IMO the seller is full of it. Terreri gamers from late 90's and early 2000's were in size 58 and his Chicago jerseys right before that was a nike 56, so I really doubt he wore a 48. Not only that but the pit to pit size he put is 25", which is about the same size as a medium CCM replica jersey. Also the lack of paperwork as well as the the neck tagging (from what I remember and comparing it to another gamer I have from that time period it didn't have that center ice tag) really makes me suspicious.

IMO the jersey is just an authentic customized with Terreri but not game worn. My thought is that he threw in "game worn" to get more hits to his auction. This is a trend that I have seen growing over the past year or so.

Edited by DevsMan84, 27 August 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#834 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Thanks dude!

I was thinking the same about the sizing. Very odd to see one currently on MeiGray as a 56G and this one a 48 XL. Didn't compute for me.  Doesn't look big enough to fit goalie gear, even from that era on a smaller guy like Terreri.

With all that said if I can get it for $100 it would still be a nice gift to myself being authentic and of my favorite Devil.

Really appreciate your feedback!

#835 Crashline95

Crashline95

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

Just sent my first jersey to EPS. It's a replica with Elias on the back. I'm a little worried that it will look strange to have such high quality stiching on a replica jersey (i bought the jersey at the arena - I think the quality of the fabric is really low - anyone else agree?). What are your experiences with replica jerseys you sent to EPS? I'll post a pic when it comes in.

#836 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

Just sent my first jersey to EPS. It's a replica with Elias on the back. I'm a little worried that it will look strange to have such high quality stiching on a replica jersey (i bought the jersey at the arena - I think the quality of the fabric is really low - anyone else agree?). What are your experiences with replica jerseys you sent to EPS? I'll post a pic when it comes in.

It will still look great.  You know with them what you get back is EXACTLY the same font and style that the players wear on-ice.

However, since this is their busy time of year, expect a 4-8 week turnaround time for it.

#837 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

I have an old Gomez jersey (Koho) and have been waiting to change the nameplate. Was never a big Clarkson fan but I think Cammalleri is a guy who's jersey I want. Where is the best place to change it and how much will I be spending? Thanks!

#838 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

I have an old Gomez jersey (Koho) and have been waiting to change the nameplate. Was never a big Clarkson fan but I think Cammalleri is a guy who's jersey I want. Where is the best place to change it and how much will I be spending? Thanks!

EPS as they do the on-ice jerseys for the Devils.  For nameplate change it will be about $30ish total for the removal and new plate.  Will take about 4-6 weeks I can imagine.

#839 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

EPS as they do the on-ice jerseys for the Devils.  For nameplate change it will be about $30ish total for the removal and new plate.  Will take about 4-6 weeks I can imagine.

Oh wow that's not bad at all. Best way to contact them is through email?

#840 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

Oh wow that's not bad at all. Best way to contact them is through email?

Yeah best is to email them and tell them exactly what you want and they (usually Josh) will send you an estimate.  Then you put in your order through the ordering form on the website, print out a copy of the completed form after you submit it, and then send that along with your jersey to them.  Once they are finished they will send you an email with a link to pay the invoice online (through paypal) and then after you pay they ship it out.  Shipping is usually about $13.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users