833 replies to this topic

#141 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

I have been trying to find the red and greens on ebay for a good price and failed time and time again. How do you find them?

Mike

That's the thing, they usually are not on eBay at a good price. People just assume it is on there because quite frankly a lot of stuff is on ebay and assume it is there at a good price. Cheapest for the throwback jersey that I can find on ebay now with no name is $85. Include shipping and you are only paying slightly less than at a brick and mortar store.

A little more than a year ago, ebay had a flood of knockoff Colorado Rockies jerseys up for bid at around $20-$50 each. In the next couple of months after I saw a flood of people wearing them at the arena. I do buy knockoffs but these were particularly bad as the stripes were off and the Mountian on the front were of all different shapes and sizes from jersey to jersey and looked ridiculous.

#142 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

I have been trying to find the red and greens on ebay for a good price and failed time and time again. How do you find them?

Mike

I just search for Devils vintage jersey and Devils throwback jersey. There isn't always one up for sale, but usually the wait isn't that long. What size are you looking for?

I've bought three over the past year and the most expensive was a little over $100, one of them was around $70, and the other was only about $35. Of course there is always some luck involved, if nobody else wants it as much as you do then you get it for a great deal, but sometimes just two people can drive up the price.

Edited by devilsfan26, 24 February 2011 - 11:59 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#143 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

I'm looking for a plain in xl. I want to customize it to a Brodeur #29. I found the 75th NHL anniversery patch on ebay so I can buy that and send it off with the jersey to get the letting done at a reputable place that I have seen recommended here.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#144 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

Well, I just called NHL Shop and was told they are expecting more Xmas jerseys in on 3/5. I'll order mine then and send it off to get it cusomized.

The rep actually told me that they sew on the letters if I was to customize it, but I'm not sure I trust that.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#145 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

Well, I just called NHL Shop and was told they are expecting more Xmas jerseys in on 3/5. I'll order mine then and send it off to get it cusomized.

The rep actually told me that they sew on the letters if I was to customize it, but I'm not sure I trust that.

Mike

NHL Shop in New York is a mixed bag. You can either get it heat-pressed and have it in about an hour, or they can send it out and have it sewn on, but there are pitfalls for each method from the NHL Store.

If you choose heat-pressed, it does look like it is stitched on, the font is correct, and so is the coloring and size of the letters. The drawback is that it is heat-pressed on, so it might feel like you have a piece of cardboard attached to the back of your jersey.

If you get it sent out to have it stitched, then be careful as someone last year had it sent out from the NHL store and had it stitched with Clarkson on the back and the lettering was obviously the wrong font.

So really pick your poison about that place and just be careful.

#146 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the advice. What I'm probably going to do is have them send it to me, then I'll go back and look at some of the previous posts about where to send the jersey for lettering and investigate. Then I have to still pick up a 75th NHL Anniversery patch to go along with it and I think there was another patch in the back of the jersey.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#147 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for the advice. What I'm probably going to do is have them send it to me, then I'll go back and look at some of the previous posts about where to send the jersey for lettering and investigate. Then I have to still pick up a 75th NHL Anniversery patch to go along with it and I think there was another patch in the back of the jersey.

Mike

No problem and as for lettering, best place is Exclusive Pro. They are usually about $50 and they are the ones that does the actual Devils players jerseys. A good tip is to also send a photo of what you want exactly (as in a game photo of the player you want showing his name on the back clearly) when sending it in as they can match it perfectly then. Website is www.exclusivepro.com

#148 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:25 PM

I'm looking for a plain in xl. I want to customize it to a Brodeur #29. I found the 75th NHL anniversery patch on ebay so I can buy that and send it off with the jersey to get the letting done at a reputable place that I have seen recommended here.

Mike

I have a red XL jersey from that era (not a new remake) that I would be willing to sell. I'm not 100% sure that the customization would fit properly since the stripes are pretty high up. From eyeballing it, it looks like it could but I'm not sure. That's not the reason I'm selling it though, it's an air-knit jersey and I decided I'd rather have an ultrafil (replicas were made in both styles at the same time back then). Let me know!
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#149 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

Can anyone tell me the best place to get an Authentic Kovalchuk? I keep googling my life away and getting nowhere, and I think some of the info in the first post is a little outdated.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#150 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:29 AM

Can anyone tell me the best place to get an Authentic Kovalchuk? I keep googling my life away and getting nowhere, and I think some of the info in the first post is a little outdated.

Exclusive Pro
--John Buccigross

#151 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

I have a red XL jersey from that era (not a new remake) that I would be willing to sell. I'm not 100% sure that the customization would fit properly since the stripes are pretty high up. From eyeballing it, it looks like it could but I'm not sure. That's not the reason I'm selling it though, it's an air-knit jersey and I decided I'd rather have an ultrafil (replicas were made in both styles at the same time back then). Let me know!

If ypu can PM me a pic of the jersey and an asking price, we can go from there. Thanks.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#152 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:50 AM

Exclusive Pro

Damn, almost $400 when its said and done?

Thats crazy.

#153 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

Rob,

PM sent your way.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#154 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

Damn, almost $400 when its said and done?

Thats crazy.

Yea I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Kovalchuk jersey when I have enough disposable income, but that price combined with the fact that everything else out there (replicas, knockoffs) is awful quality or look bad compared to the authentics is why I won't buy an Edge jersey and hope they go back to something closer to the old 6100s. There are alternatives to this dilemma out there - I could get a Kovalchuk Thrashers pre-Edge jersey pretty cheap on ebay (the old replicas were pretty good quality), or a Kovalchuk Russia jersey which is different, or a Kovalchuk Ak Bars Kazan jersey, which is even more unique.
--John Buccigross

#155 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

Yea I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Kovalchuk jersey when I have enough disposable income, but that price combined with the fact that everything else out there (replicas, knockoffs) is awful quality or look bad compared to the authentics is why I won't buy an Edge jersey and hope they go back to something closer to the old 6100s. There are alternatives to this dilemma out there - I could get a Kovalchuk Thrashers pre-Edge jersey pretty cheap on ebay (the old replicas were pretty good quality), or a Kovalchuk Russia jersey which is different, or a Kovalchuk Ak Bars Kazan jersey, which is even more unique.

Personally, I wouldnt get a Thrashers jersey. In another season, there will be Brodeur, Parise, and Kovalchuk jerseys all over the arena. A Russian jersey would be different and would stand out as would an Ak jersey. I have thought about getting one as well.

I hate having the same jersey that everyone else has. I try to get a new jersey every season. The lack of Elias jerseys still amazes me to this day.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#156 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

Personally, I wouldnt get a Thrashers jersey. In another season, there will be Brodeur, Parise, and Kovalchuk jerseys all over the arena. A Russian jersey would be different and would stand out as would an Ak jersey. I have thought about getting one as well.

I hate having the same jersey that everyone else has. I try to get a new jersey every season. The lack of Elias jerseys still amazes me to this day.

Yea I don't think I'm getting a Thrashers jersey. I actually used to have one that my mom got me for my birthday a while back, but I sold it on ebay. It was the original blue one they had when they first started, I thought it was a cool jersey but at the time I didn't wear it much because I didn't care for the Thrashers really. I think I'll go with the Ak Bars jersey but not 100% sure yet. Gonna be a little while before I can afford it though.
--John Buccigross

#157 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

I have 5 authentic jerseys.
  • Red Gionta (Edge 1.0)
  • White Parise (Edge 1.0)
  • White Kovalchuk (Edge 1.0)
  • Throwback Parise (Edge 1.0)
  • Red Brodeur (CCM Ultrafil)

I also have 3 replicas.
  • Red Old School Claude Lemieux
  • White Old School Stephane Richer
  • CCM Elias Throwback

Posted Image

#158 bishops317

bishops317

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

does anyone know were i could get a all-star jersey from 03-04 the one in Minnesota either kovy , marty or stevens

#159 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:40 AM

Ugh, Rivercitysports.com has a bunch of authentics for 150, but no Devs.

Edit: Anyone know anything about this site?

http://www.hockeyout...ucttitle=Reebok Edge Pro Authentic NHL Hockey Jersey Senior - NEW JERSEY DEVILS RED&product=Reebok Edge Pro Authentic NHL Hockey Jersey Senior - NEW JERSEY DEVILS RED&help=SIZING#1

The pictures show the tag on the front that the Premier Jerseys have, so I dont know if these are actually authentic. If they are though, $200.

Are these the same jerseys current players are wearing? I dont know the difference with 1.0/2.0 etc.

Edited by Blown01NJ, 07 March 2011 - 02:45 AM.

#160 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

Ugh, Rivercitysports.com has a bunch of authentics for 150, but no Devs.

Edit: Anyone know anything about this site?

http://www.hockeyout...ucttitle=Reebok Edge Pro Authentic NHL Hockey Jersey Senior - NEW JERSEY DEVILS RED&product=Reebok Edge Pro Authentic NHL Hockey Jersey Senior - NEW JERSEY DEVILS RED&help=SIZING#1

The pictures show the tag on the front that the Premier Jerseys have, so I dont know if these are actually authentic. If they are though, $200.

Are these the same jerseys current players are wearing? I dont know the difference with 1.0/2.0 etc.

I can't tell you if that site will sell an official authentic for $199. I do know there are sites out there where you can find cheap authentics. Where exactly, I don't know.

The difference between 1.0 and 2.0 is basically that the 2.0 uses the air-knit material that the old CCM jerseys had. That's the most standout difference.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users