833 replies to this topic

#161 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

I can't tell you if that site will sell an official authentic for $199. I do know there are sites out there where you can find cheap authentics. Where exactly, I don't know.

Those aren't cheap authentics, they are cheap knockoffs.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#162 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

Those aren't cheap authentics, they are cheap knockoffs.

That site says they are authencic :noclue:

I dont know how reliable they are, but river city sports has them for 150, so it doesnt seem unrealistic.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#163 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

That site says they are authencic :noclue:

I dont know how reliable they are, but river city sports has them for 150, so it doesnt seem unrealistic.

River City Sports is legit and that Hockey Oulet site seems good too, I was referring to the sites Korean Kid was referring to that sell "cheap authentics."
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#164 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

Seems that NHLstore.com has the throwbacks in my size now and my buddy is ordering one for my birthday present.

Now, the lettering. A friend over on the spawn forum suggests Dorholt, but I remember them as having the real bad Devils Knockoff. Anyone ever use them for just lettering? They also have the 75th anniversery patch and Devils 10th anniversery patch, which is why I am considering them. That way, I can get the patch work done at the same place.

Another guy on Spawn claims he got his Kovi lettering done with NHLshop and claims they are swen on and look great.

Needless to say, I am conflicted over what to do.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#165 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

Seems that NHLstore.com has the throwbacks in my size now and my buddy is ordering one for my birthday present.

Now, the lettering. A friend over on the spawn forum suggests Dorholt, but I remember them as having the real bad Devils Knockoff. Anyone ever use them for just lettering? They also have the 75th anniversery patch and Devils 10th anniversery patch, which is why I am considering them. That way, I can get the patch work done at the same place.

Another guy on Spawn claims he got his Kovi lettering done with NHLshop and claims they are swen on and look great.

Needless to say, I am conflicted over what to do.

Mike

Dorholt is ok, but again it is basically someone who is doing this what seems to be as a hobby to make some money off of it and so you will have to overlook some faults.

I am not sure about the claims that NHLshop.com does sewn-on lettering, but could be the case for the throwbacks. I do not see on the site how they apply the lettering, but beware as they might heat-press it on like they do with the replica current jerseys. Has anyone here ordered from NHLshop.com the throwback replicas and got them customized? Is the font correct and are they sewn on?

#166 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Just go to Exclusive Pro. Dorholt is unlicensed and inaccurate and you never know what you're getting with NHL.com. Plus Exclusive Pro is the cheapest I've ever seen at around $55.
--John Buccigross

#167 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

Thanks. I'm gonna stick with Exclusive Pro and just get the patches off ebay.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#168 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

That's what I would do, just two things to keep in mind:

(1) The patches on ebay are technically knockoffs since they aren't officially licensed, I don't know how anti-knockoff you are but for some people that makes a difference. On the other hand, I don't think you can even get an officially licensed version of those patches so for some anti-knockoff people, this is an exception where it is okay.

(2) I'm not sure if Exclusive Pro uses the current font or one of the older fonts on those jerseys so you might want to call and confirm. If you are getting an older player put on that jersey, it would be helpful to include a picture of what you want. They normally do a great job, but I figure better safe than sorry, although they will fix it for free if you need them to.
--John Buccigross

#169 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

I'm just planning on getting Brodeur #29 on it. I'm not a huge fan of knockoffs, but I do agree with you that in the case of the patches it would be fine. I will definately make a call to them before I do business with them. Problem is, I have been scouring the internet looking for refrence photos from that year and have not found a one. Anyplace I should be looking?

This is too big for me, but I figured I'd post it incase anyone else wanted to check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3cb5da5ccb

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#170 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

I'm just planning on getting Brodeur #29 on it. I'm not a huge fan of knockoffs, but I do agree with you that in the case of the patches it would be fine. I will definately make a call to them before I do business with them. Problem is, I have been scouring the internet looking for refrence photos from that year and have not found a one. Anyplace I should be looking?

This is too big for me, but I figured I'd post it incase anyone else wanted to check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3cb5da5ccb

Mike

That's not a authentic jersey either, that is a reproduction I guess you can call it. K1 never made devils jerseys

Edited by estreetcrew3, 11 March 2011 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#171 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Hate to shift gears here, but is Meigray holding another jersey expo in the area again this year? I went last year and while I could not really afford anything good, I could possibly get a good find this year. Plus the grab bag is pretty worth it (a free authentic jersey but cannot choose the team).

#172 mac760

mac760

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hate to shift gears here, but is Meigray holding another jersey expo in the area again this year? I went last year and while I could not really afford anything good, I could possibly get a good find this year. Plus the grab bag is pretty worth it (a free authentic jersey but cannot choose the team).

Yeah. Sat., July 16th.

Link

They had some good deals 2 years ago out back of the building. Blank authentics from 05-06/06-07 for pretty cheap.

Edited by mac760, 11 March 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#173 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

Does the $55 at Exclusive Pro include the numbers/name or is that just the fee for the labor?

#174 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

Also found this site for Authentics.

http://www.jerseyexp...e-jersey-6.html

#175 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

Does the $55 at Exclusive Pro include the numbers/name or is that just the fee for the labor?

Nah that's the whole cost, the only other thing you pay is shipping. The $55 is a rough estimate, depending on the jersey it can be anywhere between $45 and $65. I don't remember but I'm guessing Devils jerseys are probably around $55 because the font isn't that intricate but is two layers.
--John Buccigross

#176 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm looking to buy a Randy McKay jersey and I saw a signed one on ebay for 65 bucks. I was wondering if the older jerseys ran larger then they do now since i'm an XL w/ the RBK jerseys.

Edited by TheMazz, 16 March 2011 - 02:41 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#177 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

So, I was in the NHL Store in NYC yesterday. I was looking around and came across the throwback jerseys. I looked at the first one and saw they actually had a Brodeur #29. I didn't know these were made for retail. Anyone else see these before?

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#178 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

So, I was in the NHL Store in NYC yesterday. I was looking around and came across the throwback jerseys. I looked at the first one and saw they actually had a Brodeur #29. I didn't know these were made for retail. Anyone else see these before?

Mike

They prob made it in store.
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#179 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

Anyone care to offer any insight as to the sizing of these Jerseys on Hockey Outlet?

http://www.hockeyout...ucttitle=Reebok

It took over a week, but they finally replied to my email question about the 'EURO' sizing.

This is what they wrote:

Our drop down size selection shows the Euro chest size next to the
comparable US chest size and jersey size (Euro 52/US 42/Medium). A Euro
size 52 is comparable to a US size 42 which, in general, would be considered
a size medium.

Thank you for your reply.

In the drop down menu for the Reebok Edge Pro Authentic Hockey Jerseys you
should see three separate sizing identifiers;

1. European (Euro) sizing (usually between 46 and 60)
2. United States (US) sizing (usually between 36 and 50)
3. Jersey size in terms of small through XX-Large

Each line in the drop down box should then look like this;
- Euro 46/US 36/XSmall
- Euro 50/US 40/Small
- Euro 52/US 42/Medium

A Euro size 52, therefore, is comparable to a US size 42 which, in general,
would be considered a size medium.

Please let us know if this helps explain the situation better.

Thanks again for your reply.

And my reply back to them:

Thanks for the reply; I'm aware of what is in the drop down box. Perhaps we aren't on the same page. There is no 'Euro' sizing for RBK Authentic Edge jerseys. They come in sizes 46 through 60. You are the only retailer I have seen advertising 'Euro' sizes. I don't know why that is, but there is no 'US 36' size for this jersey, so I don't know what you are referring to.

I have to assume that based on this that the jerseys you are selling must not be RBK Authentic. I have attached a picture showing the sizes of Authentic jerseys, again sizes US 46-60. There is no US 36.

I don't mean to be a pain, but if I'm going to spend the money I need to be sure it's the real thing.

Thanks,

And their response again:

Thank you for your reply.

We sell the Reebok Authentic jerseys as 'Euro' sizing because, according to numerous clothing conversion/sizing websites, 46 to 60 are the actual size numbers used for determining European mens chest sizes. US mens chest sizes are actually determined using sizes 36 through 50.

A US mens chest size 46 is generally considered to be an X-Large in all other forms of shirt type garments. If a size 46 authentic jersey is sold as the smallest size available in that item, any US male that wears a size small, medium or even large shirt would pretty much be excluded from being able to wear the jersey. Seeing that that is obviously incorrect, we decided to do the proper conversions to better help our domestic customers make a better informed decision as to what size will properly fit them.

Make no mistake, though, these are real Reebok NHL Authentic Hockey Jerseys.

We hope this answers your questions to your satisfaction. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Am I being retarded here?

Edited by Blown01NJ, 21 March 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#180 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

A little help if possible?

Trying to get customised jerseys overe her is a nightmare, you either import a jersey where the postage is close to the same cost as what you are buying or you sit there waiting for one on eBay, and finding real genuine ones takes forever.

i saw this pop up the other day:

My link

Now for £40 i am sure it is a fake, but since i have never seen a real one in person how does this compare to a low end replica?

The guy seems to have a load more (there is an LA kings Kopitar jersey i would like as well).

I have accidentally brought a fake Brian Gionta jersey before (pictures looked awesome, 100% feedback (not anymore) and only selling the one item (i think they got ripped off and then decided to offload it to me) and it looked like crap, this looks a lot better?

Ignoring the Ethical issues behind it etc what are peoples oppinions on the standard of this jersey?

Cheers

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users