44 replies to this topic

#41 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

What a crock. If you really have no intention of going back you should keep the stools. They were given to you. I don't think they have any way to claim or prove that you "stole" them.

As of right now we're keeping them and not going back there. I honestly think Tony found out about it or something and Miguel just threw me under the bus so he didn't have to deal with it. Tony is never there and when he actually does show up, he and Miguel argue about stuff.

Besides the place being for sale on Craigslist, they have an actual listing for it on the Garden State MLS system. It's for sale for over 900k and has been up there for two years. I was under the impression that you'd also get possession of the two upstairs apartments if you bought it but I'm not totally sure. The value isn't too terrible considering the purchase price comes with the liquor license. But still.

We are doing the bar crawl on Friday and maybe we'll like a place enough to stay there. We definitely want to try Port 44. We haven't been to Scully's either. Hell's Kitchen is a good time but it gets VERY crowded. We shall see!

#42 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

Stories like this make you wonder why there isn't a need for a chain restaurant or two in the area. :rolleyes:

Edited by Marv4Life, 04 October 2010 - 12:22 PM.

#43 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

That is really messed up. I have read about the Arena Lounge for quite some time on here and through others, and lately the general vibe I get is that they are going downhill based on more than a few people commenting about it either on here or in person when I am in Newark on game days. Sounds like you were thrown under the bus by Miguel but it goes to show you cannot trust anyone these days.

#44 rdevils128

rdevils128

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

I'm hoping they're just closed for the summer and will open back up at the start of hockey season.. Beer was cheap, atmosphere was fun, and the food was absolutely amazing.. DiG bought me my first shot of Jack there and I've been addicted to the stuff ever since

That was my spot last year. The owner Mike, was pretty cool and I couldn't believe how good the food was considering it was nothing special. Plus the price was great.... I couldn't believe it when I saw that they were shot down on opening night. That sucks, they had only opened a little over a year ago.. Does anyone know the story about someone being murdered there?

#45 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:45 AM

That is really messed up. I have read about the Arena Lounge for quite some time on here and through others, and lately the general vibe I get is that they are going downhill based on more than a few people commenting about it either on here or in person when I am in Newark on game days. Sounds like you were thrown under the bus by Miguel but it goes to show you cannot trust anyone these days.

Arena lounge is an ok place for a few beers... the Food is ok. There main issue, IMO, is the wait staff/bartenders are too inconsistent with the level of service.

Since the pru center opened, the arena bar has made a ton of money with Devils fans being so close to the arena. much more than before the pru center. They need to remember Devils fans are the reason they were able to spend 1 million in renovations!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users