Photo

Why does Gary Bettman get booed all the time?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:19 AM

Ok, if we're being honest here, I think people hate Bettman because of who he is a how he looks. Some people are just more hateable then others. Again I'm being honest here: I think it's just the way he looks, his demeanor and his voice. That's the psychology of it. He is just the kind of person that people are put off by.

He probably hasn't done anything as commisioner that a different commish would have done.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#62 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

Ok, if we're being honest here, I think people hate Bettman because of who he is a how he looks. Some people are just more hateable then others. Again I'm being honest here: I think it's just the way he looks, his demeanor and his voice. That's the psychology of it. He is just the kind of person that people are put off by.

He probably hasn't done anything as commisioner that a different commish would have done.

True, he does look untrustworthy...

Posted Image

Someone had a much better one with the NHL press conference logos in the background. I was too lazy to find it.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 19 July 2010 - 07:56 AM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#63 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

These are all the reasons he should be praised. under his tenure, more teams in the south (yes, needed in order to secure tv contracts) made the game more fun to watch, and must importantly, made the playing field level, more parity. we don't have hte ny yankee's in this league.I think the guy has been good for hockey. they will still boo him because you always boo the commish in any sport.

-The NHL is still struggling with making money with the TV contracts, and VS is still way behind ESPN in terms of viewership.
- The league is not any more fun to watch than it was years ago. Hockey goes through phases and the clutch and grab era of 95-05 was just an era. Would you prefer the 80's stat-driven era? I honestly do not find more joy in seeing a game thats 7-5 than 3-1 and now the goals actually mean something. Plus now we have the Brodeur-trapezoid rule, instigator rule which in turn has helped lead to more players taking liberties to other player's heads, and now the refs call a whistle for every single tap on another player.
- You are the first one to say that parity and level playing field is a good thing, outside the owners who were struggling financially before the lockout. Now, every team in the league is the same and dynasties are nearly impossible to build with parity. Plus with the overall watering-down of the game, the NHL is worse off than it was 20 years ago.

#64 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

He'll definitely get booed forevermore in New Jersey now, that much is guaranteed.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#65 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

If I ever see him, no matter where it is, I will not hesitate to boo him and exclaim "you killed hockey you _____"

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#66 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

I tried to be reasonable... but eff Bettman. Eff him right in the ay.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#67 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

I used to absolutely despise him, but I have recently grown to understand his positions on things more and more. That said, I still don't agree with many things that he has done, and now only mildly dislike him.

Ok, now I hate him again.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#68 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

I hated him before, now I really hate him.
Posted Image Posted Image

#69 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

the answer is this....this is the reason why he gets booed...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#70 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

bettman actually goes to about 10 Devils games/year. he sits in my row (there are 4 seats in section 7 that are for the NHL - Bill Daly goes to about 25 games/year).

after this, i honestly cannot see him entering the arena except for major events. i mean, i've always been civil to him and actually said hello. i've been introduced to him before by a mutual friend. i've actually seen him outside of hockey games at other events and spoken with him for 30 seconds or so.

and if i saw him now, i would honestly make some comment about how this was a disgraceful play by the league.

he simply can't set foot in the Rock unless the Cup is in the house.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#71 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

bettman actually goes to about 10 Devils games/year. he sits in my row (there are 4 seats in section 7 that are for the NHL - Bill Daly goes to about 25 games/year).

after this, i honestly cannot see him entering the arena except for major events. i mean, i've always been civil to him and actually said hello. i've been introduced to him before by a mutual friend. i've actually seen him outside of hockey games at other events and spoken with him for 30 seconds or so.

and if i saw him now, i would honestly make some comment about how this was a disgraceful play by the league.

he simply can't set foot in the Rock unless the Cup is in the house.

c'mon, let's not go all HOI here. this is resolved and mostly forgotten by september.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#72 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

c'mon, let's not go all HOI here. this is resolved and mostly forgotten by september.

I don't know with Devils fans. I hope Bettman for his own sake doesn't step into The Rock. Like you said earlier...everyone in the league offices approved...and as Bettman was about to sign off on it...he ripped off his suit to reveal a Graves' Rangers jersey and then used his 'denied' stamp.

Edited by devilsrule33, 21 July 2010 - 01:17 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#73 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

I don't know with Devils fans. I hope Bettman for his own sake doesn't step into The Rock. Like you said earlier...everyone in the league offices approved...and as Bettman was about to sign off on it...he ripped off his suit to reveal a Graves' Rangers jersey and then used his 'denied' stamp.

This is all part of the Bettman conspiracy against the Devils. Any other team this deal would be accepted.

Kings ESPECIALLY.

this would be a non-issue if he signed with LA

i bet lobardi is laughing his ass off right now

#74 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

because he's midget b!tch who hates the Devils! God I hate him right now!
25smul5.png

#75 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

Who's your father?
Who's your father?
Who's your father, Gary?
You don't have one, you're a bastard,
You're a bastard, Gary!

sing it with me!!! :whistling:

#76 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

why will he continue to get booed - especially in NJ? July 20, 2010

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#77 DevsFan7545

DevsFan7545

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

Well tonight, now we know
Posted Image

I BELIEVE Do You???

#78 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:20 PM

Yup. This thread has it's answer.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#79 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,864 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

He'll definitely get booed forevermore in New Jersey now, that much is guaranteed.

yeah, I think this is true even if it is resolved in a short time
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#80 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,864 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

SpeakoftheDevs I reject Bettman's stupid face. http://bit.ly/biA2Mu
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users