109 replies to this topic

#101 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Just to clarify for myself, I bought a Kovy jersey back when the devils traded for him (impuslive, I am) on NHL.com. The store or whatever, standard procedure.

Is that an 'authentic' jersey?

Edited by Devsfan118, 04 August 2010 - 01:50 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#102 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Just to clarify for myself, I bought a Kovy jersey back when the devils traded for him (impuslive, I am) on NHL.com. The store or whatever, standard procedure.

Is that an 'authentic' jersey?

Well, did you buy an authentic jersey or a premier jersey? If the Reebok logo on the back looks embroidered on then it's a premier, but if it's sewn on around the edges then it's an authentic.. In terms of lettering and numbers, I'm pretty sure NHL.com doesn't do authentic letters/numbers no matter which jersey you buy

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#103 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Well, did you buy an authentic jersey or a premier jersey? If the Reebok logo on the back looks embroidered on then it's a premier, but if it's sewn on around the edges then it's an authentic.. In terms of lettering and numbers, I'm pretty sure NHL.com doesn't do authentic letters/numbers no matter which jersey you buy

Yeah the name itself is more of a...patch. Not individual letters. Pissed me off at first...but I mean, I've grown to like it I guess

Edited by Devsfan118, 04 August 2010 - 02:18 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#104 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

Yeah the name itself is more of a...patch. Not individual letters. Pissed me off at first...but I mean, I've grown to like it I guess

It's the same job they do in Devils Den.. At least they use the correct font so it still looks good

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#105 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

I can't imagine what a size 58+ in pre-edge would look like.. I think it would be too big on an O-lineman in the NFL :giggle:

What are you planning to do with the Vol jersey Ken?

I saw a few goalie cuts that were 60 and they were tents lol.

I think Zdeno Chara's game worns actually have inserts in them to make them bigger (longer?). I think the inserts are in the hem area, but i read somewhere that his are modified at any rate.

I was thinking of wearing it to a pre-season game, but i looked and my son will be born around those home dates, so that's out, and we won't be going to any games until the Retro on the 3/18. I just like the Sens jersey and it has 4 nice repairs to boot. I also considered how popular he's going to be if he lives up to his billing. His Devils gw's will also sell fast if he does.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#106 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

May I ask why you refuse to get an Edge? I have a pre-edge authentic and I must say it's less comfortable than my edge and less stylish

Sure, all I really hate is the shirt tail cut of the bottom of the jersey, I think it looks terrible. But, to each his own opinion, of course, lol.
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#107 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

There should also be a hockey strap in an authentic jersey.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#108 PattyElias26

PattyElias26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

all this talk about authentics has me pumped to get my white one and get it personalized, i love my red Elias tho cant wait to wear it this weekend at pickup hockey
Posted Image of Devils Fans in Caps Country Posted ImagePosted Image

#109 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

all this talk about authentics has me pumped to get my white one and get it personalized, i love my red Elias tho cant wait to wear it this weekend at pickup hockey

Stop talking about your white jersey I'm having buyers remorse :(

jk ;) (although I do wish I went white instead of red, I have so many red!!!)

There should also be a hockey strap in an authentic jersey.

yeah I forgot that's the easiest indicator

#110 PattyElias26

PattyElias26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:53 PM

Stop talking about your white jersey I'm having buyers remorse :(

jk ;) (although I do wish I went white instead of red, I have so many red!!!)

yeah I forgot that's the easiest indicator

no worries I still have yet to receive it haha
Posted Image of Devils Fans in Caps Country Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users