46 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

We'll see what contracts Lou manages to unload. However, if Zach gets to unrestricted free agency, barring another inexplicable Sather signing, bet your bottom dollar that the Rangers will be all over that. It's not for nothing that Drury and Rozsival will be off their books at that point.

Hopefully we're laughing at this in the near future.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

We'll see what contracts Lou manages to unload. However, if Zach gets to unrestricted free agency, barring another inexplicable Sather signing, bet your bottom dollar that the Rangers will be all over that. It's not for nothing that Drury and Rozsival will be off their books at that point.

Hopefully we're laughing at this in the near future.

That would require the Rangers to not make a stupid signing for 2 years...might be difficult for them.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#23 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

this is redicilous to even think about ... you know that broduer is probably retiring soon so .. parise will take most of that money while hedberg can we a number 1 thats my opinion that a really good 1 but yeah

Hedberg is 37.

I don't get the panic. Next year, Langs and Arnott come off the books. That's 7.3 million right there. Add Parise's current hit of 3.125, and that's 10.425, 6 - 8 of which goes to Zach depending on contract length etc etc.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#24 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Veteran ex-Devil UFA John Madden was also linked to the Rangers through various whispers but, to make it clear, any interest there would be from Madden’s camp. The Rangers do not consider him to be on their radar.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#25 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Madden wanted to go there just to spite Lou.

#26 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hedberg is 37.

I don't get the panic. Next year, Langs and Arnott come off the books. That's 7.3 million right there. Add Parise's current hit of 3.125, and that's 10.425, 6 - 8 of which goes to Zach depending on contract length etc etc.

from those numbers there only way parise would leave is because he wanted to

#27 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, for those cap/CBA-ologists out there, a question. If Parise and the Devils were to agree to a new deal before his current deal is up, does the new deal(and associated cap hit) take over as soon as the deal is signed, or does the new deal only apply after the current one expires? I would hope/think it's the latter, but I don't know(obv).
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#28 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

Just out of curiosity, for those cap/CBA-ologists out there, a question. If Parise and the Devils were to agree to a new deal before his current deal is up, does the new deal(and associated cap hit) take over as soon as the deal is signed, or does the new deal only apply after the current one expires? I would hope/think it's the latter, but I don't know(obv).

When the current deal expires. They also cannot negotiate an extension until the final year of the contract. Contracts begin on October 1, so Lou and Zach cannot negotiate an extension until October.

Edited by David Puddy, 19 July 2010 - 03:36 PM.

Posted Image

#29 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

When the current deal expires. They also cannot negotiate an extension until the final year of the contract. Contracts begin on October 1, so Lou and Zach cannot negotiate an extension until October.

Ok, cool, thanks!
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#30 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

I think they were able to negotiate starting on July 1.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#31 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

I think they were able to negotiate starting on July 1.

Yeah I think your right. Basically everything with contracts expire/start on that day. 10/1 everything has to be finalized.

#32 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

If the Rangers ever sign Parise, and you can point back to this very post, I will put a bullet through Glen Sather's head and take a piss on his grave at the funeral.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#33 run_to_the_ditch

run_to_the_ditch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

Let the Rangers make a ridiculous offer to Parise...the Devils will get what...5 first round picks for him...with the scout staff that the Devils have thats like picking the knife instead of the loaded gun in a fight...then again this is the Rangers were talking about so nothing is above them.
"Actually I dont remeber being born, it must have happened during one of my blackouts." Jim Morrison

#34 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

If the Rangers ever sign Parise, and you can point back to this very post, I will put a bullet through Glen Sather's head and take a piss on his grave at the funeral.

Documented.

Pat Burns Award clincher right here.

Edited by ben00rs, 19 July 2010 - 08:26 PM.

#35 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Silly ranger fans. Lou has a plan for everything. I feel Zach will be locked up long term very soon.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#36 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Lmao, the Rangers can wish with one hand and sh!t in the other and see which one fills up first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_bx6B3dBMM

(edit: thanks MB for letting me know how to post Youtube videos like that)

Edited by nmigliore, 19 July 2010 - 08:49 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#37 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

just to confirm - they can negotiate with parise now (and could have after the hawks won the cup (even before 7/1)). you are correct that the cap would not be affected until 2011-2012.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#38 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

Darn, I don't know how to use Youtube tags.

I believe it's [media]

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 19 July 2010 - 08:36 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#39 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

lol :koolaid: .

#40 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

just to confirm - they can negotiate with parise now (and could have after the hawks won the cup (even before 7/1)). you are correct that the cap would not be affected until 2011-2012.

Do you have a source for that? I was looking at the standard player contract, which states it begins on October 1.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users