#1 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

http://sportsillustr...2010/index.html

Don't waste your time if you're looking for any hockey players. It's just an interesting thing to look at. As one would expect, there are plenty of Yankees. And residing at No. 11 is evidence that the NFL's salary structure is fvcked.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#2 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

The Yanks' top four starting pitchers -- Burnett, Sabathia, Andy Pettitte and Javier Vazquez -- are earning a combined $63 million this year. That's nearly twice the Pittsburgh Pirates' entire payroll. Burnett better start performing; he was 7-7 with a 4.75 ERA in the first half.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz0uRFOhGd0

Wow.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#3 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

http://sportsillustr...2010/index.html

Don't waste your time if you're looking for any hockey players. It's just an interesting thing to look at. As one would expect, there are plenty of Yankees. And residing at No. 11 is evidence that the NFL's salary structure is fvcked.

Yikes. Scary how much some players make, and how many awful deals there are. John Lackey's deal is terrible. Same with Vernon Wells. Hockey players picked the wrong sport. That's for sure.

Crosby makes almost a third of what Lackey makes this season.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#4 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

Johan Santana makes $21M this year, I'm stunned hes somehow not on here.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#5 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

Johan Santana makes $21M this year, I'm stunned hes somehow not on here.

Wow, you're right. How did they miss that?
Posted Image

#6 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Haha, I know someone who will rocket up this list in a few years: Ryan Howard. He'll be making $25M per from 2012 to 2016. Now THAT is brutal.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#7 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

People need better agents... how do you carry less than 100k in endorsements?
Market yourself now, collect the money and invest it... or you'll be broke and forgotten about before you know it.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#8 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

forget ryan howard... what about Albert Pujols.. i heard he is gonna ask for 35 million

#9 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

Who gives a sh!t about that list anymore? Money in mainstream sports is a joke. The athletes on that list make a ridiculous amount of money from their contracts and then get 10 times that in endorsements for doing absolutely nothing...

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#10 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Who gives a sh!t about that list anymore? Money in mainstream sports is a joke. The athletes on that list make a ridiculous amount of money from their contracts and then get 10 times that in endorsements for doing absolutely nothing...

It's called the entertainment business, get used to it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

It's called the entertainment business, get used to it.

I am used to it. My point was that there is no point in the fascination with it.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#12 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

I need to get good a golf!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#13 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:17 AM

Outrage is funny when most of you don't blink at shelling out hundreds for tickets to these events.

No one here is outraged or they wouldn't provide the revenue that pays these guys. Salaries are only fair - I'm outraged at how they can fill huge stadiums and exorbitant prices daily when it comes to baseball. If Hockey did that players would make more - but there is no market for it.

I'm here for the party

#14 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

Outrage is funny when most of you don't blink at shelling out hundreds for tickets to these events.

No one here is outraged or they wouldn't provide the revenue that pays these guys. Salaries are only fair - I'm outraged at how they can fill huge stadiums and exorbitant prices daily when it comes to baseball. If Hockey did that players would make more - but there is no market for it.

We spend a lot of money on entertainment, don't we?

I was watching this documentary on lottery winners on HBO (it's called Lucky, and I highly recommend it) and it broke down how much total money is spent on various forms of entertainment in America per year:

Movie tickets - $7 billion
Sporting events - $16 billion
Books - $24 billion
Lottery tickets - $62 billion

I thought this site gave a cool visual breakdown of how the average American spends their paychecks. Out of $49,638 in total expenditures, $2,698 (or 5.4%) went to entertainment. I guess that doesn't seem like so much when compared to expenditures on stuff like housing, transportation, insurance, food, etc. Not sure what point I'm trying to make here ... so ... yeah ...
Posted Image

#15 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

We spend a lot of money on entertainment, don't we?

I was watching this documentary on lottery winners on HBO (it's called Lucky, and I highly recommend it) and it broke down how much total money is spent on various forms of entertainment in America per year:

Movie tickets - $7 billion
Sporting events - $16 billion
Books - $24 billion
Lottery tickets - $62 billion

I thought this site gave a cool visual breakdown of how the average American spends their paychecks. Out of $49,638 in total expenditures, $2,698 (or 5.4%) went to entertainment. I guess that doesn't seem like so much when compared to expenditures on stuff like housing, transportation, insurance, food, etc. Not sure what point I'm trying to make here ... so ... yeah ...

So I believe what you are saying is.. we need to have a good 'ol fashion book burning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users