21 replies to this topic

#1 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,932 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Just another reason I avoid eating at arenas, overpriced and not safe to eat...

http://sports.espn.g...diumconcessions

Prudential Center
New Jersey Devils
Vendors with critical violations: 6%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors noted that at one location, the person in charge "did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety," and the sink lacked soap and paper towels, and there was no sanitizer solution.

Giants Stadium
New York Giants, New York Jets (former)
Vendors with critical violations: 20%

Inspection report excerpt: Managers tossed 20 pounds of ground beef after inspectors cited them for letting partially grilled burgers with raw centers sit at unsafe temperatures for three hours before final cooking.

Izod Center
New Jersey Nets

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found a seemingly spoiled and "odorous" can of cherry ice cream topping that had been left opened and uncovered in an unrefrigerated storage cabinet.

Meadowlands Stadium
New York Giants, New York Jets
Vendors with critical violations: N.A.

Inspection report excerpt: New stadium. No inspection records available at the time of request.

Citi Field
New York Mets
Vendors with critical violations: 45%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found 20 pounds of grilled chicken registered at 70 degrees in a refrigerator, about 30 degrees warmer than allowed.

Madison Square Garden
New York Knicks, New York Rangers
Vendors with critical violations: 61%

Inspection report excerpt: At one stand, inspectors found "53 mouse excreta" (38 on top of a metal box underneath the cash registers in the front food-prep/service area and 15 on top of a carbonated-beverage dispensing unit).

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
New York Islanders
Vendors with critical violations: 0%

Inspection report excerpt: No critical or major violations.

Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees
Vendors with critical violations: 48%

Inspection report excerpt: Five hot dogs registered 91 degrees in a hot-holding unit when they were supposed to be no cooler than 140. Inspectors also had a vendor dump a bottle of Chivas Regal whiskey containing dead fruit flies.

#2 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

Madison Square Garden

Inspection report excerpt: At one stand, inspectors found "53 mouse excreta" (38 on top of a metal box underneath the cash registers in the front food-prep/service area and 15 on top of a carbonated-beverage dispensing unit).

New York Islanders

There is some irony in that part. All you hear from Rags fans is how sh-tty Nassau is...yet it is the Garden THE MOST FAMOUS ARENA IN THE WORLD!!!!!! that literally has sh-t in its food areas.
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

Ehhh....I just prefer to NOT think about how disgusting the food I'm eating and overpaying for is. So long as I don't see them making it without gloves or something I'm fine. Ignorance is bliss

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#4 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Ehhh....I just prefer to NOT think about how disgusting the food I'm eating and overpaying for is. So long as I don't see them making it without gloves or something I'm fine. Ignorance is bliss

Until you contract mad cow disease, of course.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

Just another reason I avoid eating at arenas, overpriced and not safe to eat...

http://sports.espn.g...diumconcessions

Prudential Center
New Jersey Devils
Vendors with critical violations: 6%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors noted that at one location, the person in charge "did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety," and the sink lacked soap and paper towels, and there was no sanitizer solution.

Giants Stadium
New York Giants, New York Jets (former)

Inspection report excerpt: Managers tossed 20 pounds of ground beef after inspectors cited them for letting partially grilled burgers with raw centers sit at unsafe temperatures for three hours before final cooking.

Izod Center
New Jersey Nets

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found a seemingly spoiled and "odorous" can of cherry ice cream topping that had been left opened and uncovered in an unrefrigerated storage cabinet.

Meadowlands Stadium
New York Giants, New York Jets
Vendors with critical violations: N.A.

Inspection report excerpt: New stadium. No inspection records available at the time of request.

Citi Field
New York Mets
Vendors with critical violations: 45%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found 20 pounds of grilled chicken registered at 70 degrees in a refrigerator, about 30 degrees warmer than allowed.

Madison Square Garden

New York Islanders

Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees
Vendors with critical violations: 48%

Inspection report excerpt: Five hot dogs registered 91 degrees in a hot-holding unit when they were supposed to be no cooler than 140. Inspectors also had a vendor dump a bottle of Chivas Regal whiskey containing dead fruit flies.

I dont think I have ever eaten at a sporting event. When I was younger my parents used to sneak food and drinks in :whistling:

Edited by grcenter47, 25 July 2010 - 10:48 AM.

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

I just assume every place I go out to eat at isn't the cleanest. Since I've been doing it my whole life, obviously the results aren't too bad. Unless I'm growing my own food I'm trusting a lot of people along the way to place my foods safety above their own personal wants and needs. I don't think it's realistic that they're going to be as diligent looking after my food as they would their own. So since all food is going to be risky in some fashion, I can choose to eat any of them.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

I just assume every place I go out to eat at isn't the cleanest. Since I've been doing it my whole life, obviously the results aren't too bad. Unless I'm growing my own food I'm trusting a lot of people along the way to place my foods safety above their own personal wants and needs. I don't think it's realistic that they're going to be as diligent looking after my food as they would their own. So since all food is going to be risky in some fashion, I can choose to eat any of them.

The rat excrement one at MSG is just scary :puke:

#8 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

The rat excrement one at MSG is just scary :puke:

If you eat out in NYC you've probably eaten at a place with mouse crap everywhere. Heck, if you eat out in general you've probably been at a place with mice, rats, and/or roaches in the back.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#9 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

If you eat out in NYC you've probably eaten at a place with mouse crap everywhere. Heck, if you eat out in general you've probably been at a place with mice, rats, and/or roaches in the back.

You are probably right. I remember on FOX when they showed Gordon Ramsey visiting restaurants that were struggling and he helped them out, the conditions of some of them were disgusting

#10 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

NJDevsMSweet: Stadium food vendors with health violations. The Rock >> MSG. Bring a bag lunch to the game if you are a #Rangers fan http://goo.gl/3mWr

View the full article
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#11 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

No wonder why the Devs gave me a meal card with my tickets...

#12 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

If i can't see it , then its not there.
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#13 devalxc

devalxc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

"If you want the best in fine dining and exemplary service, amidst elegant ambience without leaving Madison Square Garden..."
www.thegarden.com

my favorite was the verizon center washington DC with 100% of vendors in violation. "Mice droppings, a critical violation in Washington, were found at at least 10 vendors."

Edited by devalxc, 25 July 2010 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

"If you want the best in fine dining and exemplary service, amidst elegant ambience without leaving Madison Square Garden..."
www.thegarden.com

If you're favorite movie is Ratatouille and you'd like a similar dining experience...think Madison Square Garden...
www.thegarden.com

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#15 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

If you're favorite movie is Ratatouille and you'd like a similar dining experience...think Madison Square Garden...
www.thegarden.com

Hey at least they steam cleaned the rats in that movie.

#16 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

MSG - HAHAHAHAHA!!! maybe that's where the ranjerks fans get their disease of belligerence - that, or just that they are always drunk

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#17 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

Rangers fans will probably justify it by saying that mouse poo is just one price you have to pay in order to have a classy old time hockey venue like MSG.
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

www.thegarden.com

my favorite was the verizon center washington DC with 100% of vendors in violation. "Mice droppings, a critical violation in Washington, were found at at least 10 vendors."

:giggle:

#19 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

So true. While good restaurants won't have much of any of those three and definitely won't allow them to get in the food, every restaurant deals with those problems. If you are afraid to eat the food at the stadium, you shouldn't go out to eat anywhere.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#20 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

The Rangers eat sh!t every year and now their fans do, too.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users