6 replies to this topic

#1 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

Any of you guys play open ice hockey in the area?

I've been playing weekend afternoons at Floyd Hall and Tuesday nights at Skylands.

#2 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

I haven't yet, but I'm gonna start going to open hockey at Protec Ponds in Somerset, just off exit 10 on 287. I think it is usually Sundays from 4:45 to 6:45.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#3 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

I haven't yet, but I'm gonna start going to open hockey at Protec Ponds in Somerset, just off exit 10 on 287. I think it is usually Sundays from 4:45 to 6:45.

Pretty nice time. That's when the Floyd Hall times are and kinda far from me.

#4 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

on Saturday's i've been having Warwick ice hockey practice at Skylands. Nice place. :D

Definitely. The ice quality is top notch there...just below Amerihealth imo...probably because it's so new. Locker rooms are a bit cramped though.

#5 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

These are just pickup games then, show up and play?

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#6 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

These are just pickup games then, show up and play?

Yep.

The level of play varies greatly. You have some kids just fresh off a junior season and old guys who haven't picked up a stick in 10 years.

#7 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Haven't played open hockey in years, used to play @ BSA and then later at Aspen Ice in Flemington
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users