7 replies to this topic

#1 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

Any of you guys play open ice hockey in the area?

I've been playing weekend afternoons at Floyd Hall and Tuesday nights at Skylands.

#2 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

I haven't yet, but I'm gonna start going to open hockey at Protec Ponds in Somerset, just off exit 10 on 287. I think it is usually Sundays from 4:45 to 6:45.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#3 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

I haven't yet, but I'm gonna start going to open hockey at Protec Ponds in Somerset, just off exit 10 on 287. I think it is usually Sundays from 4:45 to 6:45.

Pretty nice time. That's when the Floyd Hall times are and kinda far from me.

#4 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:15 AM

Any of you guys play open ice hockey in the area?

I've been playing weekend afternoons at Floyd Hall and Tuesday nights at Skylands.

on Saturday's i've been having Warwick ice hockey practice at Skylands. Nice place. :D
25smul5.png

#5 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

on Saturday's i've been having Warwick ice hockey practice at Skylands. Nice place. :D

Definitely. The ice quality is top notch there...just below Amerihealth imo...probably because it's so new. Locker rooms are a bit cramped though.

#6 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

These are just pickup games then, show up and play?

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#7 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

These are just pickup games then, show up and play?

Yep.

The level of play varies greatly. You have some kids just fresh off a junior season and old guys who haven't picked up a stick in 10 years.

#8 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Haven't played open hockey in years, used to play @ BSA and then later at Aspen Ice in Flemington
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users