68 replies to this topic

#41 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Maybe he'll get pulled over by a cop and they'll just happen to find a big bag of coke under the driver's seat. :whistling:

I wonder what the cap hit becomes in the event of an arrest/long term jailing? :giggle:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#42 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

Maybe he gets deported to Canada? ;) Or even better Fiji.....

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#43 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

It is kind of funny. But a little unsettling, too. There's the potential for someting Gillooly-like to happen. I think one of the 233 Crazies is more than capable.

Newsflash!

NEWARK, N.J. -- Brian Rolston of the New Jersey Devils was on the receiving end of a brutal attack yesterday, effectively ending his 2010-11 season and possibly his 2011-12 campaign as well.

According to various eye-witnesses, a man attacked Rolston with what appeared to be a small, metallic musical instrument, repeatedly striking him about the knees while screaming, "You've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

When asked if he knew anything of the circumstances of the attack, Devils General Manager Lou Lamoriello said, "Don't worry about my Crazies." He was later seen high-fiving team owner Jeffrey Vanderbeek.

Just prior to the attack, Rolston was seen at a 7-Eleven convenience store. He was attempting to get the last can of Coke from a corner refridgerator, but according to eye-witnesses he got to the corner fridge very slowly and made very little actual effort to get to the can before a different customer swooped in and took it.

"He took his sweet ass time getting there," said a witness who preferred not to be named. "No effort at all. But he did have this look on his face that made it seem like he was trying real hard.

"Then he cried a little, wiped his face with a napkin and missed the trash can by about 20 feet when he tried to throw it away."

Rolston's teammates had various reactions.

"This is irony," said left winger Zach Parise.

"This is cap room," said defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who was acquired by the Devils shortly after Rolston's injury was reported to the NHL.

Ilya Kovalchuk, whose 17-year, $102 million contract necessitated salary cap-minded moves, said, "This is hilarious."
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#44 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#45 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Newsflash!NEWARK, N.J. -- Brian Rolston of the New Jersey Devils was on the receiving end of a brutal attack yesterday, effectively ending his 2010-11 season and possibly his 2011-12 campaign as well.According to various eye-witnesses, a man attacked Rolston with what appeared to be a small, metallic musical instrument, repeatedly striking him about the knees while screaming, "You've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"When asked if he knew anything of the circumstances of the attack, Devils General Manager Lou Lamoriello said, "Don't worry about my Crazies." He was later seen high-fiving team owner Jeffrey Vanderbeek.Just prior to the attack, Rolston was seen at a 7-Eleven convenience store. He was attempting to get the last can of Coke from a corner refridgerator, but according to eye-witnesses he got to the corner fridge very slowly and made very little actual effort to get to the can before a different customer swooped in and took it."He took his sweet ass time getting there," said a witness who preferred not to be named. "No effort at all. But he did have this look on his face that made it seem like he was trying real hard."Then he cried a little, wiped his face with a napkin and missed the trash can by about 20 feet when he tried to throw it away."Rolston's teammates had various reactions."This is irony," said left winger Zach Parise."This is cap room," said defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who was acquired by the Devils shortly after Rolston's injury was reported to the NHL.Ilya Kovalchuk, whose 17-year, $102 million contract necessitated salary cap-minded moves, said, "This is hilarious."

This is gold.POD maybe post of the week. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hail:
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,279 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

Newsflash!

NEWARK, N.J. -- Brian Rolston of the New Jersey Devils was on the receiving end of a brutal attack yesterday, effectively ending his 2010-11 season and possibly his 2011-12 campaign as well.

According to various eye-witnesses, a man attacked Rolston with what appeared to be a small, metallic musical instrument, repeatedly striking him about the knees while screaming, "You've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

When asked if he knew anything of the circumstances of the attack, Devils General Manager Lou Lamoriello said, "Don't worry about my Crazies." He was later seen high-fiving team owner Jeffrey Vanderbeek.

Just prior to the attack, Rolston was seen at a 7-Eleven convenience store. He was attempting to get the last can of Coke from a corner refridgerator, but according to eye-witnesses he got to the corner fridge very slowly and made very little actual effort to get to the can before a different customer swooped in and took it.

"He took his sweet ass time getting there," said a witness who preferred not to be named. "No effort at all. But he did have this look on his face that made it seem like he was trying real hard.

"Then he cried a little, wiped his face with a napkin and missed the trash can by about 20 feet when he tried to throw it away."

"This is cap room," said defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who was acquired by the Devils shortly after Rolston's injury was reported to the NHL.

Ilya Kovalchuk, whose 17-year, $102 million contract necessitated salary cap-minded moves, said, "This is hilarious."

Lmfao, post of the year!!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#47 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

Lmfao, post of the year!!!

+1

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#48 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

Well done DaneykoIsGod!

#49 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

Oh my god, did you come up with that totally off the top of your head? That's hilarous! :rofl:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#50 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

+1

Understatement. Genius!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#51 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

DIG... That was some good stuff :cheers:

#52 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

Awesome stuff DIG :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#53 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

Man I really needed that post. :cheers:

#54 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

This thread title feels downright Nazi like to me. I keep thinking "final solution to the Rolston question".

#55 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

This thread title feels downright Nazi like to me. I keep thinking "final solution to the Rolston question".

Lol. Most of us just want to rid the Devils of Rolston...not the world...I think.

Edited by ben00rs, 05 August 2010 - 04:57 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#56 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Do you have a cape? Wow
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#57 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

Newsflash!

Funny, this was great thanks we need a laugh waiting is painful.

#58 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

Afinoganov reportedly signing in the KHL. One less marginally talented UFA out there to get a team above ths salary floor.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#59 DuffMan4027

DuffMan4027

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Awesome faux-article!!! on a serious note i have a friend who babysits for rolston and his sister in-law. she is quite friendly with the families and they know she is a huge devil fan. She has asked him questions about the team from time to time and he has been very open and honest with her about most issues. she asked him about trade and retirement rumors. his answer to her was that he hasnt been approached by lou or any1 from the team about ether but did add that if he was asked to waive his no trade clause he said he would rather retire to help the team than be traded and move his family again. you can take my and my friends word for it or not but i believe her and shes turned me on to other inside team info in the past.
DuffMan says LETS GO DEVILS!! OOOH YEAA

I Believe

#60 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:36 PM

Awesome faux-article!!! on a serious note i have a friend who babysits for rolston and his sister in-law. she is quite friendly with the families and they know she is a huge devil fan. She has asked him questions about the team from time to time and he has been very open and honest with her about most issues. she asked him about trade and retirement rumors. his answer to her was that he hasnt been approached by lou or any1 from the team about ether but did add that if he was asked to waive his no trade clause he said he would rather retire to help the team than be traded and move his family again. you can take my and my friends word for it or not but i believe her and shes turned me on to other inside team info in the past.

I believe if he retires, his cap hit remains for the next two years. That would probably be the worst thing he could do for the team.

Plus, I doubt he would retire even if the cap hit would go way, and I hardly could blame him. That's $10 million he'd be foregoing. No one is that unselfish.

Edited by Daniel, 06 August 2010 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users