42 replies to this topic

#1 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:25 PM

It's go time. Hoping to see the Red Sox dreams get shattered again.

Let's Go Yankees!!
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#2 BUDevil

BUDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:40 PM

Boston is nuts right now, people are running down Commonwealth Ave. toward Fenway, screaming at the tops of their lungs. If the Yankees lose, my roommate and I may very well have to transfer :( ...I am in hell right now...

#3 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:45 PM

Let them have their fun. It's probably about 1/6 of that here. I here people yelling.
Posted Image

#4 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:49 PM

People are running around with yankees sucks chants and im about a mile from fenway.

If they beat the Yankees, riots guarenteed. :clap:
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#5 BUDevil

BUDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:52 PM

I can see Fenway from my room...why the hell are people going there? The stadium's closed. God, act like you've won a series before...Oh, wait they haven't have they?

#6 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:57 PM

News report had a bunch of Sox fans in NYC. Nice!

GO SOX GO!

#7 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:01 PM

I want a Red Sox-Cubs world series.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#8 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:02 PM

I want a million dollars.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#9 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:03 PM

Yes.

#10 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:09 PM

[quote name='RoughDraft' date='Oct 7 2003, 12:02 AM'][quote name='insanity_gallops' date='Oct 6 2003, 11:01 PM'] I want a Red Sox-Cubs world series. [/QUOTE]

I'll take the cool million that RD suggested :D . And a Yankee victory in a classic seven game series :dance: !!!!!

LET'S GO YANKEES

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:21 PM

I think RD's more likely to get her wish :P

(sorry sheeps and Rowdy :lol: )
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:24 PM

Eht eh Cubbies wont get past the fish :D
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#13 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 12:25 AM

If the Yanks win, I want to see all those PISSED off looks on the faces of all those Soxs fans around the world. I've seen it acouple times so far in my lifetime and it never gets old.

This is the Rocket's last year, the Yanks are going to be tough to beat.

Wednesday night is going to be a crazy night!

GO YANKS!
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#14 E-Devil

E-Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 03:09 AM

I can't wait for the games to begin, it's hilarious how Boston finds ways to lose to the Yankees when it really counts. As much as I would like to see the Cubs/Sox meet in the World Series, it will never happen as long as the Yankees are there waiting for them. I suspect the series will be over by 5 games and new Boston fans will run to get "Yankees Suck" t-shirts and bumper stickers after this is done.
"Playing with him now, I have an even greater respect for him," center Joe Nieuwendyk said of Stevens. "He's a true captain. He's a leader."

#15 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:47 AM

Sometimes people surprise me. I have the ability to put myself in somebody else's shoes... do you? It doesn't matter what team you like... in 1986 Dennis Leary was walking around Boston after it all happened and an 70 something year old woman stopped him and said, "We just wanted to see them it once."

It's easy to like the Yankees. They win so much it's boring. Liking the Red Sox of the Cubs is dedication to an ever-losing cause. It's like throwing your entire heart onto a lottery ticket every single year.

Edited by mrsheeps, 07 October 2003 - 08:49 AM.

#16 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:25 AM

Yanks are the Rag$ of the MLB.

Add another wish for the Sox Vs Cubbies.

Can you imagine the riots if the Cubs win? What has it been almost 95 years?

Edited by JesterDevil, 07 October 2003 - 09:26 AM.

#17 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:26 AM

Sometimes people surprise me. I have the ability to put myself in somebody else's shoes... do you? It doesn't matter what team you like... in 1986 Dennis Leary was walking around Boston after it all happened and an 70 something year old woman stopped him and said, "We just wanted to see them it once."

It's easy to like the Yankees. They win so much it's boring. Liking the Red Sox of the Cubs is dedication to an ever-losing cause. It's like throwing your entire heart onto a lottery ticket every single year.

You could say the same about the Rag$ pre-1994. There's no sympathy in sports! That's what being a fan is all about, fighting through the bad times (like when the Yankees sucked throughout my childhood) and relishing the good times. And that pretty much involves kicking your rivals when they're down.
Posted Image

#18 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:30 AM

Sometimes people surprise me.  I have the ability to put myself in somebody else's shoes... do you?  It doesn't matter what team you like... in 1986 Dennis Leary was walking around Boston after it all happened and an 70 something year old woman stopped him and said, "We just wanted to see them it once."

It's easy to like the Yankees.  They win so much it's boring.  Liking the Red Sox of the Cubs is dedication to an ever-losing cause.  It's like throwing your entire heart onto a lottery ticket every single year.

You could say the same about the Rag$ pre-1994. There's no sympathy in sports! That's what being a fan is all about, fighting through the bad times (like when the Yankees sucked throughout my childhood) and relishing the good times. And that pretty much involves kicking your rivals when they're down.

I don't like kicking my rivals when they're down. I don't like kicking them when they're up. Am I the only one?

#19 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:49 AM

I don't like kicking my rivals when they're down. I don't like kicking them when they're up. Am I the only one?

I agree, but there are times when there's bad blood rivalries (Tor Vs NYI), that's when the "kicking" is involved.

But in good sportsmanship rivalries, I don't think there is any "kicking".

#20 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 10:06 AM

No, I'm with you, sheeps. We've talked about this before. Being a fan of one team shouldn't equate to berating fans of another team.

I'd really like to see Pudge win a Championship ring. Don't know how likely that is to happen. I'll be happy if one of the Sox, Cubs, or Marlins win.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users