9 replies to this topic

#1 Pando's ChiCk

Pando's ChiCk

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 01:22 AM

Why wasn't he playing tonite? Was it to protect him or something because he just came from Boston?

I really wanted to see him play, they said he's like tough as nails lol

Edited by Pando's ChiCk, 09 October 2003 - 01:22 AM.

#2 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 09:20 AM

Burns opted for the two rookies over Brown, I guess to see what they were like in a real game situation.

I wonder when Brown will see his first game... probably not until after the home-opener.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#3 lgmamazin

lgmamazin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 09:46 AM

it would not surpirse me if Brown spent alot of time in albany this year
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparartion, hard work and learning from failure! Colin Powell!!! This is what Devils Hockey is all about

Posted Image

David Wright

Posted Image

Jose Reyes

Posted Image

Mets Future!

Mike Pelfrey

#4 M.

M.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 09:49 AM

I don't think Brown can go to Albany unless he clears waivers first.
WORK SMARTER- NOT HARDER

#5 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 10:08 AM

If and when the Martin-Hale experiment fails, Tommy will be signed and Brown will play regularly.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#6 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 10:23 AM

I think when all is said and done Brown will anchor the third pair with Hale, Albelin or Giroulx. Why he didn't play last night in Boston is a mystery to me as he just left there, wasn't a very 'politically correct' decision by mgt. but our front office has never been one to care about such things.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#7 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 01:35 PM

it would not surpirse me if Brown spent alot of time in albany this year

It would surprise me. You think Martin and Hale will make the team and he won't? He has NHL experience... Burns is playing Martin and Hale so they have some. I think Martin will be in Albany this year. Hale may stay on the team.

#8 Pando's ChiCk

Pando's ChiCk

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 04:57 PM

Brown is suposed to be tough as nails, I really wanted to see him play.. But I don't think he'll be spending time in Albany at all really.. i can't see someone with experience getting the boot for rookies almost for everygame.. maybe that's just me though.

Why he didn't play last night in Boston is a mystery to me as he just left there, wasn't a very 'politically correct' decision by mgt. but our front office has never been one to care about such things.

What do you mean? He seriously just left? Wow, now I'm totally confused.. lol.

#9 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 05:02 PM

Brown is suposed to be tough as nails, I really wanted to see him play.. But I don't think he'll be spending time in Albany at all really.. i can't see someone with experience getting the boot for rookies almost for everygame.. maybe that's just me though.

Why he didn't play last night in Boston is a mystery to me as he just left there, wasn't a very 'politically correct' decision by mgt. but our front office has never been one to care about such things.

What do you mean? He seriously just left? Wow, now I'm totally confused.. lol.

I think by "just left there" he meant that that was his previous team. Ya know..."Just left Boston to sign with NJ".
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#10 Pando's ChiCk

Pando's ChiCk

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:54 AM

Yeah but thats what I said when I started the thread, lol.. thats why I got confused.. Does anyone think he'll be playing Saturday? It's jus weird cause there was all this press about him, photo shoots, batting practice and like he had a big pic in the post about him with a rockies jersey and stuff and then we don't see him play..I guess they just put a lot of hype around him..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users