115 replies to this topic

#21 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:11 AM

Remembering how long the draft took last time, i dont think i will be able to stay up till 4am on a work night.

I will have to get to grips with the auto draft.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#22 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

I'm flexible on the time, we can have it later or earlier...problem is I don't want to have it too much earlier because 'I' might not be around then lol, and I don't want to have it too much later cause it does typically run 2 1/2 hours for a 20-team draft with 18 players.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#23 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

earlier would be gold.

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

Well we still have over three weeks to debate it, if people let me know their preferences for what time range that day would be best (I've pretty much settled on the 30th for a variety of reasons).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#25 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

8:30 PM start is best for me...but if it has to be later that OK too, earlier would be tough
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#26 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hey guys. You can give my spot away to someone else, I don't think I'll have the time between school and work. It wouldn't be fair to abandon it for days at a time. Thanks

#27 GOLDJR41

GOLDJR41

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

I need to regain my pride after last years debacle. Count me in.
Langs is the captain, deal with it.

If Doc Emrick, who called yesterday's Bruins-Rangers on NBC, were a national network's lead baseball or football play-by-player, he would be widely known as among the finest in the history of television.

#28 Devilswede

Devilswede

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

I'd like to be at the draft live so to speak.. If you could make the draft more European friendly it would be awesome. I'm 6 hours ahead of you guys...:) Cut me some slack here... :)
I met this really kinky girl last night. "Humiliate me", she said. ..So I bought her a Rangers jersey...

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:08 AM

In the meantime we need the last straggler to sign up (of the nineteen remaining invites) or decline, and one more player to fill the last spot.

Plus I want to keep track of who's who...I can figure out most of the teams based on past participation or using their own screenames as the team name but who are Bracknell Blizzards, DogGoneLivesOn and devils?

Edited by Hasan4978, 08 September 2010 - 07:10 AM.

#30 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

I am mocked in my leagues because I use 'Sworn Defenders' for every team, every year... lol

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#31 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

I joined a league created by someone on Twitter. I think it's pretty good. I have: Briere, Savard, Elias, Parise, Latendresse, Fehr, Pronger, Corvo, Burrows, Ference, Burns, Goligoski, Lucic, Kadri, Brule, Niskanen, Modano, Wilson, Ennis.

The part that sucks is my goalies are Biron and Roloson. Meanwhile someone has Lundqvist AND Miller haha.

#32 Devilswede

Devilswede

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:51 AM

I joined a league created by someone on Twitter. I think it's pretty good. I have: Briere, Savard, Elias, Parise, Latendresse, Fehr, Pronger, Corvo, Burrows, Ference, Burns, Goligoski, Lucic, Kadri, Brule, Niskanen, Modano, Wilson, Ennis.

The part that sucks is my goalies are Biron and Roloson. Meanwhile someone has Lundqvist AND Miller haha.

I don't know how deep your league is, but I'm sorry to say, that team looks pretty brutal to me. No offense, but it is. :) Parise and Pronger are pretty much the only ones that will give you a lot of support. And you won't get anywhere with Roloson and Biron as your goalies.
I met this really kinky girl last night. "Humiliate me", she said. ..So I bought her a Rangers jersey...

#33 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

I'd join!!
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

I'd join!!

PM sent, when you sign up I'll post the draft order.

#35 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:53 PM

dammit i wanted in

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#36 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

i guess this is done?
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

And now that we're all set, without any further ado here's the draft order...note since Yahoo! has a snaking draft this is the order for all odd numbered rounds, including the first round. It inverses for even-numbered rounds, so for example I get the first pick of the draft and the last pick of the second round. Then the first pick of the third round and so forth.

As per tradition the league winner gets to pick where they draft though every year we've done this the league winner has opted for the top spot and I'm no exception this year. Everyone else I randomized by putting a team name on a piece of paper, turning them over, shuffling them and coming up with this order.

1. New Jersey Swamps
2. bdubdevs
3. devils
4. Extreme Reds
5. DogGoneLivesOn
6. Dynamo Nation
7. halfsharkalligator
8. Cali Hippies
9. dutch swedes
10. par99
11. NeoThrashers
12. Sworn Defenders
13. Lad's Pad
14. Bracknell Blizzards
15. PattyElias26
16. Don't Toews Me Bro!
17. Devilswede
18. The Six
19. Sabre Status Quos
20. Pat Zajac

#38 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

I'll take that... 20 team drafts exceed any term deep league could cover ;)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#39 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

I think I was 5th last year, and that did not work out so well, ( becuase I missee the 1st 2 rounds!)

Has have you set a definite draft time yet?
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#40 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

I think I was 5th last year, and that did not work out so well, ( becuase I missee the 1st 2 rounds!)

Has have you set a definite draft time yet?

Ideally I want to set it like seven days before the draft so someone doesn't get thrown by a last-minute switch. Right now it's listed as Thursday the 30th but it's subject to change, so read your PM's...the more of you that respond, the better a consensus I can get on a good draft time for the majority. So far I've only heard from the Swedes and a couple others on the board.

A couple years ago we had pretty good attendance at the live draft - at least 15-16 teams. Last year I think it was more like 12 so hopefully we can get closer to the 15-16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users