#1 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

Long story short........

Mike Haviland was at Bar A Friday when WFAN was broadcasting. Fat Boy had a 35 minute on air window with no guests, just calls. One of Bar A's owners goes to Fa Boy and tells him Haviland is there, local guy makes good wins cup.....yada yada yada.......nice local story, right?

FatBoys reaction.........."I hate hockey and I ain't wasting my time..........."
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#2 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

Long story short........

Mike Haviland was at Bar A Friday when WFAN was broadcasting. Fat Boy had a 35 minute on air window with no guests, just calls. One of Bar A's owners goes to Fa Boy and tells him Haviland is there, local guy makes good wins cup.....yada yada yada.......nice local story, right?

FatBoys reaction.........."I hate hockey and I ain't wasting my time..........."

I'm confused...you were there and heard him say that? Or he said that on the air?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#3 GOLDJR41

GOLDJR41

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

Don't even mention that guys name.
Langs is the captain, deal with it.

If Doc Emrick, who called yesterday's Bruins-Rangers on NBC, were a national network's lead baseball or football play-by-player, he would be widely known as among the finest in the history of television.

#4 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

I'm Mike Francesca and my radio show is gonna be me eating this here hoogie for 3 hours something about the Yankess tenis preseasonfootballmrugphmruphmruph
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#5 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

I'm confused...you were there and heard him say that? Or he said that on the air?

Haviland was there with friends of mine......(I do not know him) and my buddy told me the story tonight, five minutes before I posted it. They gave Tubby a lot of sh*t when he walked by. It's true if that's what you're asking.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#6 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Haviland was there with friends of mine......(I do not know him) and my buddy told me the story tonight, five minutes before I posted it. They gave Tubby a lot of sh*t when he walked by. It's true if that's what you're asking.

I wasn't doubting you, just didn't understand the first post. What an ass.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#7 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

I wasn't doubting you, just didn't understand the first post. What an ass.

Ok. It was off the air Tubby told the co-owner of Bar A
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#8 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

I'm Mike Francesca and my radio show is gonna be me eating this here hoogie for 3 hours something about the Yankess tenis preseasonfootballmrugphmruphmruph

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fatcesa is such a douchebag.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#9 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

Mike Francesca isn't lying. it would def be a waste of everyones time if he attempted talking hockey. he was doing everyone a favor
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#10 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

Mike Francesca isn't lying. it would def be a waste of everyones time if he attempted talking hockey. he was doing everyone a favor

The douche spends endless hours on horses for God's sake.

Local guy makes good................he's all about the Jersey Shore one day a year, right?...........makes a good interview.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#11 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

I don't know why you have to sh!t on someone for not liking hockey...
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#12 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

I don't know why you have to sh!t on someone for not liking hockey...

He's not just a regular everyday sports fan though, he's a well-known sports talk radio host.
--John Buccigross

#13 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,762 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

He's not just a regular everyday sports fan though, he's a well-known sports talk radio host.

and he doesn't like hockey, hockey is not popular, and it's august. francesa could've made up a better reason, but he's probably right that it wouldn't be good radio.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#14 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

He's a dick, regardless of whether or not he likes hockey.

#15 NJDevil1530

NJDevil1530

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

Francesca go have another doughnut you fat pig
Fans of the NJ Devils

LET'S G0 DEVILS!!!!!

Posted Image of Jason Wiemer Posted Image

#16 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

and he doesn't like hockey, hockey is not popular, and it's august. francesa could've made up a better reason, but he's probably right that it wouldn't be good radio.

The timing was right..........
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#17 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

Long story short........

i am not surprised. they never talk hockey on wfan and the few who do (Boomer and Steve Somers) talk about the Rangers. He said on the air a while ago that he doesnt follow hockey or doesnt know much about it.

#18 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:10 PM

i am not surprised. they never talk hockey on wfan and the few who do (Boomer and Steve Somers) talk about the Rangers. He said on the air a while ago that he doesnt follow hockey or doesnt know much about it.

Not the point........but whatever already. Haviland wasn't planned, but Mikey talked to these "tryout for the FAN" contestants how they have to be spontaneous......and he couldn't do it on a local feel good relevant story.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#19 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

Meh, I always liked Mad Dog better...I can't listen to Francesca. He bores me.

If I want sports talk though I'll listen to Scott Farrell on Sirius. He actually talks about hockey.

n2eg.jpg

#20 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

Meh, I always liked Mad Dog better...I can't listen to Francesca. He bores me.

If I want sports talk though I'll listen to Scott Farrell on Sirius. He actually talks about hockey.

I always liked the Sports Guys on WNEW 102.7 when that station was still around :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users