NFL Season Preview, Part One: the AFC

CRASHER

(for those who don't know how it goes .... this is how it is :P....once a week we'll have a NFL Week X thread, I usually set up on Thursday or Friday, based on when the NFL has Thursday Night games.... we break em all down, discuss them and then make fun of Manta's chubby for the Ravens, I get blasted for overrating the Cowboys... and the Jet fans get full of themselves... it's all good... but we love our football, and don't doubt I pay attention to EVERYONE!! The NFC preview may come today and this is an updated version of what I was writing on Facebook all month... FOOTBALL IS BACK :wub: , let life get back to normal!!!)

NFL TRAINING CAMP IS HERE!!!! My God after what feels like a BRUTAL stretch of sports-hell we call the summer but man it’s ALL behind us now…. Let there be football and LET IT BE GOOD!!!! Man I’m jazzed up about this and been dying to write again (getting me outta that Devils grind does wonders for me I tell ya)….so here’s the deal, I put myself on the line and pick what I think is gonna happen and why, and then y’all come back and bitch, complain, piss and moan that I’m biased and hate your teams and mass stupidity ensues (ESPECIALLY on NJDevs :P)….I do my homework on this stuff and all and it’s not like I don’t soak up every SECOND of football I can right?

AFC East:

• 1. Miami Dolphins (last year: 7-9)
Well I admit as a Dallas fan trapped in Giant front-runner central (gee they’re all wearing Jet jerseys now anyway)…. I feel a kinship with the Dolphins (and it helps that Brian roots for them too)… so maybe I overrate them a little…but hell I think this whole division is a little overrated. I think Chad Henne is getting it as a QB (hell he doesn’t play for Buffalo that doubles your production) and now he has a legit #1 guy in that Brandon Marshall… the O-Line is good and now the defense has Mike Nolan calling the plays (hell look what he did in Denver last year), but the LB corps doesn’t seem good enough to run a true attack 3-4…that could be a problem, the secondary is getting better and I think this will be a good team all around and I always find the Dolphins a fun team to watch. Hopefully Ronnie Brown is healthy and this team looks ready to go and get back on the plan, which was to be good by THIS year anyway, so I’ll put myself on the line here… and you douchebags are gonna piss and moan and take shots at me ANYWAY….. Record: 10-6
  • 2. New England Patriots (last year: 10-6)

Let me be the first to say this… the Pats are overrated… the dynasty is OVER and this team is NOT that good… but people see Brady and Belichick and get all hard and goofy about this team… in fact, true story, if your erection is long enough about Tom Brady and you are near a TV camera, ESPN will hire you and put you on NFL Gameday with that washed up hack Chris Berman! Yes they have maybe the best QB in the league, but the backs are eh (yes it does work out that all the parts chip in and get it done… but I still like a good feature guy… and Balls Maroney ends up putting his namesake on the ground too much… Kevin Faulk is awesome (and one of my favorite players) but he’s a 3rd down back and not much else….the WRs are interesting… and something to keep an eye on (even with Torry Holt on IR and likely a sad end to a close-to-great career), will Welker come back at full speed?? ….any speed guy who comes off an ACL tear I always worry about (he’s been good in pre-season so far)….Julian Edleman filled that role well… but can he do it with D’s keying on him… look at the playoff game last year… and which Randy Moss shows up?? It’s a contract year so that’s a plus, BUT if he gets off to a slow start and doesn’t get the ball much he’s gonna be a sulking bitch in the corner and that’s gonna be a disaster, the TE spot doesn’t do much anyway on this team so it’s a non-factor… the big problem on this team now is the defense… but people look past that because all the blood leaves their head when we talk Belichick and he “can squeeze blood from a stone”… but this stone got no blood… it’s solid but it doesn’t make plays… and all the good defenses in the NFL MAKE PLAYS, special teams is eh… and when you look past the two big names… you get an “eh” football team… and “eh” results…..Record 9-7

• 3. New York Jets (last year: 9-7)
Oh lord… here it comes now… “you hate the Jets”… no I hate their dirtbag delinquent fans… do I think the Jets are a little full of themselves now?? Yes… BECAUSE THEY ARE… people forget the ONLY reason they got into the playoffs last was the COLTS AND BENGALS LAID DOWN… and yes they beat the Bengals again the next week (but they were a bit fraudulent too) and when it matter Peyton Manning came down the field and ripped them to pieces and there is no more damning statement on the planet then Peyton Manning shredding you in the clutch (don’t believe me, look how he choked two weeks after!)… I don’t like the Tomlinson for Thomas Jones move… the Holmes move will help… once he gets on the field and acclimated…Edwards is still an eh guys who drops as many plays as he makes, the defense will be good… the DL eats up blockers and lets the LBs make plays… and Revis (providing he doesn’t hold out all season, which is looking likely, from my keyboard to God’s ears PLEASE) with one of my favorite D-backs (yes I am still sick he’s a Jet) Cromartie… gonna be interesting to see how teams work around that… I’ve always been of the mindset of you attack the “cover corner”… he’s gonna make mistakes too.. he’ll slip … he’ll miss a jam, you CAN’T ignore your top guy just because of who’s on him! But all that aside… I’m still not sold on Nacho Libre as the QB… not yet (in fact he’s looked WORSE in pre-season… yes I get it’s vanilla offense but when you get picked as easily as he does with vanilla defense, wait till the Ravens bring the rain on them week one….) they’ll protect him, at least they brought in Mark Brunell who knows how to play the position to least try to teach Nacho how to QB… and maybe some English lessons…. I’m still not sold on that… and the team that comes out of nowhere and makes a big run always comes back to the pack the next year…. This is your destiny this year… let the screaming begin…..(not to mention they got a ROUGH little schedule)…. Record: 8-8
  • 4. Buffalo Bills (last year: 6-10)

Woe is the Bills…. The Sports City that emulates my life eh?? Even now, they’re getting better… I like their defense… I really do, it’s young and has something very important a ball hawking safety in Byrd (heck he might be the best safety in the AFC East)… they will make plays…. They can run the ball, CJ Spiller will add to that too….the WR corps is flat out BAD though (and no that doesn’t mean they should have kept Mr. Owens), and there’s no Gates or Witten in this group either (yes I know they have Lee Evans but he’s more a home-run hitting #2 then a top WR)… this team just has a little bit of the pop-gun offense syndrome (though they have Parrish who can make plays and shorten the field in the return game)…. Maybe that’s why Trent Edwards is Captain Checkdown eh??? Nah he just stinks (even Isabella (my oldest niece) didn’t say good night on the phone she just yelled BUFFALO STINKS and hung up!)… man if only this team had a good smart efficient QB to move the ball and make smart plays…. You know…a guy like KYLE ORTON (yes I am half doing that to piss off a Bills fan stuck in the hell of So-Cal, but I do believe he could make this team almost playoff-worthy and the Broncos are gonna be idiots and let Teebow (and now you can add the name Matt Leinart in there) screw it up anyway, so why not go get him??? You failed on McNabb… get this done!!)… and yeah the O-Line…. Ummm… not so good either…. They’re stepping in the right way, and should be interesting to see what Chan Gailey does to shine up this flawed turd…. They just ain’t there yet…. Record: 6-10

AFC North:

• 1. Baltimore Ravens (last year: 9-7)
Well this should be an interesting preview….the Ravens are one of those rare teams in the NFL to rise up fast and still stick around after the first year run of catching teams looking past them! The offense will be better with Boldin and Stallworth (man if they get anything from Stallworth (who now has a foot injury), he’s the legit home-run hitting long ball WR they needed all along…. It might be because I’ve seen Boldin next to Fitzgerald (and I admit this)… I see Boldin as more the possession type and Fitz was the home-run guy, and yeah he was a #1 for one year, but he’s been a #2 for a few years now… (just ask TJ Who’s-yo-mama how THAT panned out in Seattle??), the backs are good… and like 99% of the league now (and to the stress of fantasy football owners) the load will be shared around again here….the defense will be good… but the key pieces are getting old (Ed Reed hurt again too) and losing Foxworth to IR before anything even began is going to hurt them… good offenses beat them deep and often last year and that’s still gonna be a problem, but ON PAPER this is the most complete team in the AFC North (not to mention they have a stupid easy looking schedule)… Record: 11-5
  • 2. Cincinnati Bengals (last year: 10-6)

The shock team that just rose out of nowhere last year… I mean Cedric Benson?? REALLY?? This is still hard to accept to me, seems to be for some of the magazines too as they expect an under .500 year from them….Carson Palmer seems to be on the decline quicker then you’d expect, but this year he’s gonna have weapons to take advantage of, not that I expect T.O.e to be much better then he was last year… though having a legit NFL line and QB to get him the ball should make him better… Antonio Bryant may be the best of the three when he gets back on the field (go figure I wrote that three weeks ago and I still stick to it… but the damn Bengals go and cut him)… the defense is solid and healthy again… and that should make them good too, this is a solid team with some above average to GOOD pieces (sh!t this team is a lot like the city it’s in heh), and hell if anything else… “team VH-1 annoying TV shows” is gonna be fun to watch just for those two idiots (don’t get me wrong I love what they say and all, but they are dumb at times)… and if you don’t keep an eye on them they’re gonna MAKE YOU!!! Hell this division seems FULL of drama don’t it???... Record: 8-8

• 3. Pittsburgh Steelers (last year: 9-7)
This may be the hardest team in the NFL to figure out this year… since Big Ben was sticking his hands all over the college bar scene he won’t be putting them under center for some time… and with a team with the O-Line issues they have (sh!t they even stopped to get Flozell Adams… HA, he had a false start signing the contract), and a lot of pressure will be on Mendenhall and Moore to run the ball good and make it easier for either Leftwich or Dixon to get the ball down the field (not to mention purging Santonio Holmes is gonna hurt too, hell look at the WR corps there… it’s kinda ugly too….) the O-Line was POUROUS last year, and I don’t think it’s been addressed enough, good thing this team’s defense is REALLY good and has playmakers to spare… they’re gonna need them… in fact this may be a more classic run n play D kinda team opposed to what we are used to seeing, as long as Polamalu stays healthy this defense is good enough to win games, this is definitely NOT a championship team… and I kinda think there’s too many “what if’s” on this team to even be a playoff one…..Record: 8-8
  • 4. Cleveland Browns (last year: 5-11)

…. And then we have the Browns :D… Holy hell this is the only team in Pro Sports that could bring in Jake Delhomme, the human turnover machine, and look themselves in the eyes and go “Holy sh!t THIS STIFF ACTUALLY MAKES US A BETTER TEAM!!!”…. this is NOT a good sign, well it is for us… as we quest WEEKLY for that wonderful painful dose of anti-football that we can laugh loud at and piss off the locals (if you want to watch your sh!t team in MY bar, you sit the fvck on the other side… it’s NOT happening here!!!)… and it will be interesting to see how Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy get on the field this year and how they do….Jerome Harrison was a wonderful waiver pick up (fantasy wise) and did better then anyone could have expected when Jamal Lewis’ career was botched by Eric Mangini (I’m amazed he got to come back, but I guess no one else is stupid enough to be hired by the Browns now)… the receivers are HORRIBLE… and I mean R&R Hall of Fame level HORRIBLE, oddly enough they have a good offensive line… and if someone can make some plays, and the Browns jerseys remain so ugly Delhomme doesn’t get his teams confused…..naahh, they’re still the Browns!!! The defense did get better come the end of the season…(how can we all forget Laflamme’s breakdown in the survivor pool when he had the Bengals and Shawn Rodgers kept blocking game winning field goals?? :P )… this team isn’t head to tails awful, but it is lacking in the key places and that’s gonna make it ugly this year…..Josh Cribbs is the most fun player on a sh!t team in the league though… we’ll see plenty of him with our anti-football obsession (I am serious in the fact that you have NOT lived until you sit with some friends and watch two teams ROLL through a comedy of errors!), holy sh!t I spent too much time on the Browns dammit…. Record: 4-12

AFC South:

• 1. Indianapolis Colts (last year: 14-2)
Well this one’s easy…. The regular season juggernaut will do what it does… win like 8, 10, 12 in a row…. Seal up home field… take a month off and fall flat on their faces in the playoffs… or face a WORSE QB in the Super Bowl (the Colts still owe Rex Grossman a ring… lord knows he won’t get one as a Redskin :P), they’re good… damn good.. but SOFT… and it trickles down from Manning (who is no doubt the guy who runs the offense) and goes to guy 53 on the roster…. And every year we see it… and I’m not being fooled by it anymore!! Hell it’s a waste of damn time to write about it… and not as much fun as kicking at the Browns or Redskins…. So screw it! Same old, Same old…. Record 13-3
  • 2. Tennessee Titans (last year: 8-8)

I like this team… I like them a lot… they are well-coached and they had the sickest turnaround I ever saw in an NFL team…. 0-6 to 8-8?? That’s pretty awesome! They’re well coached, they have the best running back in the league in Chris Johnson (suck it Peterson and stay the HELL away from his jock Ray Rice!), and Vince Young has finally grown up from college ball-player to real NFL Quarterback (and he’s another dude that does nothing but WIN), the receivers are still eh, but this is a team with so many run options that it makes it hard to worry about the receivers and you can almost get away with that… the defense is solid, especially up front, and good coaching helps… the only big worry is the secondary here, and in a division that has Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson…. And ummmmmm… some guy on the Jaguars?? (ok not really), that’s a problem, I still like them enough to think they should push for a playoff spot here, and I love toughness…. This team has buckets of it!!.... Record 10-6

• 3. Houston Texans (last year: 9-7)
Jesus I looked at what I originally wrote here… read it and said…”what the fvck was that??” … that feeling kinda sums up my feeling on the Texicans too….they have the skill… good QB, great WR and some balance… good front 7, but they have this REALLY bad habit… they come up short EVERY time in the big spot (hell even the home opener last year… you CAN NOT lay an egg at home to the Jets like they did and how they always do with Indy)… this team really has it all to win this division and be a serious contender (ok the secondary IS weak), but they still don’t have the guts to take the next step… and until they show they can… to me they CAN’T.... They’ve had an impressive pre-season, and Arian Foster MIGHT be the real deal at RB for them… this team has so many of the pieces there to make some noise, but I’m still kinda skeptical….Record 9-7
  • 4. Jacksonville Jaguars (last year 7-9)

One of those teams that just kinda …. Screwed… hell… look at the other teams in this division…. I mean they have Jones-Drew, Garrard is nice… but their WR corps makes the Titans’ guys look like Rice and Taylor for Christ’s sake!! The defense was solid… but made ZERO plays…. FOR fvck’S SAKE THEY HAD 14 SACKS TOTAL…. TOTAL….18 PLAYERS had more sacks then that (no I didn’t look it up I grabbed a number deal with it!)… so let’s seee… average QB play, little to no playmakers… vanilla defense with no pressure… yeah they’re gonna suck in-division… which means… GOOD LUCK!! Record 5-11

AFC West:

• 1. San Diego (last year: 13-3)
Being the class of this division is like being the lesser of the fat girls in a Weight Watchers class (no offense to any ladies in the Weight Watchers and it does work, and it’s a great concept, but I needed the analogy :P)….it allows you to be good, but you have some big time flaws and with no one to challenge you it does make it hard to be better when the AFC West is handed to you on a yearly basis…. Phillip Rivers is as good and gutty a QB as you will see in football, and even with the Vincent Jackson holdout they have a stockpile of big, fast and capable WRs and of course Antonio Gates and Darren Sproles who can make plays….one of SD’s biggest problems last year was running the ball, so out goes Tomlinson and in comes Ryan Matthews (to much hype, Christ Yahoo has him as EIGHT in fantasy football, WTF?)…the running game was a problem in San Diego… the defense was another problem… yes it did improve, but it seemed to always come up short in making the big stops and that big play when it counted (yes I’m looking at you Shawne Merriman), and the secondary will not be as good with Cromartie getting reach-arounds from Fat Boy Rex in Jersey… the AFC West is actually getting better, but not better enough to keep up with San Diego, they’ll probably end up doing the same as they did last year, unless Norv Turner can work a miracle on the defense (and that ain’t his thing)…. Record: 11-5
  • 2. Oakland Raiders (last year: 5-11)

Yes I of sound mind and body (well as sane as I get :P) do solemnly swear to pick the OAKLAND RAIDERS for 2nd place… and here’s why… no team had more “upset wins” (look who they beat last year) then the Raiders did last year… teams took them light and they pounced on them… the defense was solid last year and now I think it jumps up to GOOD….it sounds weird to say it but Jason Campbell is a MASSIVE upgrade at QB, and hell anyone free of the Redskin scourge is destined to be better (even to the Raiders, heh)….I would like to think the running game would be ok with McFadden (and this is his “sh!t or get off the pot year” too) and Michael Bush….the receivers … not so much, you can take any Michael Bay joke I’ve made, and how much he screws up any movie he makes, and apply that to Heyward-Bey and how he screws up the WR position!! But I would think one of these young WR’s and the TE is good (Miller)…something’s gotta emerge even more so with a semi-credible QB throwing the ball, and even the worst of teams will get enough talent eventually to be ok… and I think this is an “okay” team going in the right direction… that’s good enough in the AFC West….Record: 8-8

• 3. Denver Broncos (last year: 8-8)
Damn I was so high on this team last year (and say what you want, Kyle Orton doesn’t get injured in the Redskin game and this team makes the playoffs), but this seems to be another one of those ex-Patriot tree coaches that comes in, guts all the talent pisses off all the talent on the team and runs them into the ground, they seem to be making all the wrong moves (I get the desperation of getting Brady Quinn OR Tim Tebow, but why the hell BOTH and even more so when the QB spot is a rare spot of STABILITY on your offense?), the running game is decent, but without Marshall the WR’s are a MESS, Eddie Royal was a massive FAIL last year, and aside of Jabar Gaffney who is solid… the rest are rookies, and the TE’s don’t see the light of day in this offense…..the D was solid but not GREAT and it fell apart late last year too (some of it was related to the offense having problems when Orton got hurt)… this team isn’t much changed from last year, but I have the feeling the Broncos are gonna be stupid and put Tebow out there and it’s gonna get UGLY when they do, this team’s gonna go backwards before they ever move ahead again…..Record: 6-10
  • 4. Kansas City Chiefs (last year: 4-12)

Wow… look… another ex-New England guy stinking it up in the AFC West….but this guy went all in on the Patriot Kool-Aid and brought Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel in to call the plays on both sides….but the problem is this team’s in the massive “re-tool mode” just about everywhere…no one still knows if Matt Cassel is an NFL QB (and even less so at THAT price tag), and the options behind him… not so good….one of the few bright spots on this team though is the running game… Jamaal Charles came outta nowhere last year and was awesome after the Larry Johnson purge, and add the always solid Thomas Jones and that’s a DAMN good RB combo….and then you look at the WR’s…48 dropped passes, that too is a string that rivals the dropped balls in Michael Bay movies!!! Chris Chambers was a saving grace for this team and added some respectability to the WR corps, but he is getting old…and the rest is still a mess… hell like the rest of this team, bad O-Line play… last in defense last year….I mean I could be TOTALLY wrong about this team… they are young, they play good for the coach, they have better coordinators and this could be one of the teams that comes out of nowhere, more so in a weak division… but I think it’s a “next year” team not a this year one….they’ll be a pain in the ass though….Record: 5-11

Edited by CRASHER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my predictions for the AFC are:

Dolphins 12-4

Jets 9-7

Patriots 8-8

Bills 4-12

Bengals 11-5

Ravens 10-6

Steelers 8-8

Browns 3-13

Houston 12-4

Colts 10-6

Titans 7-9

Jacksonville 4-12

San Diego 13-3

Denver 9-7

Kansas City 5-11

Oakland 2-14

I really think that Houston, Miami and Cincinatti are both going to have breakout years. At the end though, I see San Diego or Dolphins coming out on top

batsh!t crazy predictions. Fish will be 2-8 at best by Thanksgiving

Because???

The problems in Miami are???

Or is this simply so you can sit and laugh at that gross dead Fish pic each week and amuse yourself??

Least when i make a prediction I BACK IT UP :P

Because???

The problems in Miami are???

Or is this simply so you can sit and laugh at that gross dead Fish pic each week and amuse yourself??

Least when i make a prediction I BACK IT UP :P

because they don't have an easy schedule either, and talent wise they lag behind NE and the Jets

I look at their sched and see maybe 4 sure victories, Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit and they'll beat Buffalo once. Week 2 through week 10 is insanely difficult

Edited by '7'

New England 11-5

Miami 9-7

NY Jets 9-7

Buffalo 6-10

Baltimore 12-4

Cincinnati 9-7

Pittsburgh 8-8

Cleveland 5-11

San Diego 11-5

Kansas City 8-8

Denver 8-8

Oakland 6-10

Indianapolis 12-4

Houston 10-6

Tennessee 10-6

Jacksonville 2-16

Playoffs:

1-Baltimore

2-Indianapolis

3-New England

4-San Diego

5-Houston

6-Tennessee

because they don't have an easy schedule either, and talent wise they lag behind NE and the Jets

I look at their sched and see maybe 4 sure victories, Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit and they'll beat Buffalo once. Week 2 through week 10 is insanely difficult

Miami will go at worst 4-2 in the division. 2 x BUF, Week 3 vs Jets (BANK on this), and one of the Pats games (say week 4 @home).

I'll say 2-2 vs. NFC North, but 3-1 is possible. GB is already having some health issues, and like the JETS we get them off of our bye.

They'll beat Oakland. They'll probably beat Tennessee...a worse Miami team played a better Tenn team to a near-win.

We're at 7-5 right now, which means it comes down to who beats who in the AFC North. CLE is a win, so 8-5. A lot depends on the Rape-lisburger suspension being reduced or not...Miami will KILL Pitt week 7 if the suspension is upheld.

Bottom line is, if you consider yourself a playoff team you beat playoff-calibur teams like CIN & BAL. Those two games might be the difference.

I think the Jets will either win double digit games or implode and struggle to win 8 games. Sanchez has been inconsitant in Pre Season, missing targets frequently and that scares me. LT looks like he's been rejuvinated and, so far, Holmes and Edwards has been a pretty good one two punch. The defense will probably lead the league again, although losing Pace will hurt. I'm hoping Taylor will be able to step up. I'm also a little scared at the thought of Folk trying to nail a 45 yard FG attempt. I see positives in this team, but I also see some things that worry me.

Mike

Edited by yankeesjetsfan

I think the Jets will either win double digit games or implode and struggle to win 8 games. Sanchez has been inconsitant in Pre Season, missing targets frequently and that scares me. LT looks like he's been rejuvinated and, so far, Holmes and Edwards has been a pretty good one two punch. The defense will probably lead the league again, although losing Pace will hurt. I'm hoping Taylor will be able to step up. I'm also a little scared at the thought of Folk trying to nail a 45 yard FG attempt. I see positives in this team, but I also see some things that worry me.

Mike

See, this is a fair, well presented statement about your team, good job!! (though rare for the Jet fan in this forum :P ).....I do think you guys used up a lot of luck and karma on the ride to the AFC Title game last year, and that stuff tends to catch up with you.... and maybe I'm making too big a deal about them being so damn full of themselves but man you can really feel an aura of mass over-confidence with that team now.... this week 1 game, like last year could be a big sign of things to come this year.....

am i the only person who thinks the Houston Texans will have an amazing year? I think they have a very talented team. I am saying they MAY get to the AFC championship :koolaid:

I thought it last year, that team has REALLY good talent... but the damn coach gets WAY too conservative in the 2:00 drill (go back and look how many 45+ yard FG's they settled for and missed at the end of halves and so on).... that team needs a better coach then Kubiak to go somewhere (they shoulda hired Shanahan and I'd have picked them to win the AFC South), otherwise to me until shown otherwise they're too damn soft to be taken seriously

.... see now HERE WE GO... other NFL talk... thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I would honestly LOVE to see how that'd work :P

Only you can help Manta-Blocks succeed!! Admit it, this has been the best part of the FF Draft so far!! (well that and Masked's.....obscure.... yeah... obscure.... picks!)

I don't see this big bias with Jet fans, if anything we're worried about this Revis nonsense more than we're confident about the season. The only people predicting the Jets for the Super Bowl are the Jets themselves :P

I would have had us at 10-6 or above before the preseason but I thought that Sanchez had taken a step forward (the preseason's showing he's back to his old wild ways) and hoped this Revis thing might have gotten settled at this point, now he looks fully determined to go the Sean Gilbert route.

I don't really like our receiving core the first few weeks (other than Cotchery) - Black Moses's beard could catch a football better than his hands and letting Coles go for Week 1 to save pennies for Revis just rubs me the wrong way. And yeah if you're watching Hard Knocks the overconfidence is coming through big-time.

Plus there's no way our running game can be as good as it was last year, Tomlinson looks fine now but that'll change once he gets nicked up which he undoubtedly will and McKnight is just...awful. Even Greene hasn't played a 16-game season yet. Our defense certainly isn't going to be as good as it was last year without Revis.

Edited by Hasan4978

Only you can help Manta-Blocks succeed!! Admit it, this has been the best part of the FF Draft so far!! (well that and Masked's.....obscure.... yeah... obscure.... picks!)

Oh, absolutely! I love how it's become a sort of tag team effort.

I think you're a year off on that one, but then again I went on a limb and picked the Raiders to be ok :blink:

I think their ground game will control the clock and not expose their D (which is improving, but not there yet).

The Raiders? Still needs a lot more. Campbell is an improvement, but not much else.