1787 replies to this topic

#561 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

Alosi has now been suspended indefinitely by the Jets, as he admitted to ordering all of those guys he was standing with to form a human wall to impede the Dolphins' gunners. He may be fired now. What a scumbag.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#562 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

Alosi has now been suspended indefinitely by the Jets, as he admitted to ordering all of those guys he was standing with to form a human wall to impede the Dolphins' gunners. He may be fired now. What a scumbag.

Obviously sticky the knee out was not OK, but is it illegal to stand directly behind the sideline?

#563 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Obviously sticky the knee out was not OK, but is it illegal to stand directly behind the sideline?

Those dudes were standing foot-to-foot in an obviously pre-meditated formation of some kind in order to impede an opposing player. I highly doubt that's legal in the eyes of the NFL. These are non-game participants compromising the integrity of competition on the field. That's a serious infraction.

#564 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Those dudes were standing foot-to-foot in an obviously pre-meditated formation of some kind in order to impede an opposing player. I highly doubt that's legal in the eyes of the NFL. These are non-game participants compromising the integrity of competition on the field. That's a serious infraction.

I don't know the exact rules, but either you are allowed to stand there or not. It should be no difference if 1 person is doing it or a group.

#565 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

I don't know the exact rules, but either you are allowed to stand there or not. It should be no difference if 1 person is doing it or a group.

Perhaps, but it becomes an issue when a coach readily admits the purpose of those standing there was to impede an opposing player. The NFL, and quite frankly the Jets, shouldn't tolerate a stunt like that.

#566 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Perhaps, but it becomes an issue when a coach readily admits the purpose of those standing there was to impede an opposing player. The NFL, and quite frankly the Jets, shouldn't tolerate a stunt like that.

I know what you are trying to say, but the NFL has to have clear rules on how close you are allowed to stand next to the field. If you are allowed to stand their, you can’t really blame a team for using it to their advantage. I personally believe you shouldn’t be allowed to run down the field out of bounds in the first place.

#567 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

To me making a wall outside of the white area is really little different than when baseball players in the dugout go out of their way to avoid opponents trying to catch foul balls or go out of their way to provide a safety net for their own players trying to catch one.

If it's illegal to make a 'wall' then fine, fire his a** but that never seemed to me something that would be on the books as a rule especially considering they're all standing not just out of bounds but behind the white lines. Maybe the NFL will grandfather a rule of that nature in cause it did seem obvious they were standing there for a reason, but I just assumed every team did it since it wasn't like they were going into the field of play.

I personally believe you shouldn’t be allowed to run down the field out of bounds in the first place

That too. People are forgetting this guy was out of bounds to start with. It's not like this guy stuck his knee over the out of bounds line and tripped the guy in play. Not that he deserved to be tripped or anything like that but when you go that far out of bounds you're just begging to either be interfered with or run into something random regardless.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 December 2010 - 04:50 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#568 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

All good points guys, but it sounds like the Jets are taking this pretty seriously, documented rule or not, because they have made Alosi's suspension indefinite, and are now considering firing him. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the next hotly-debated NFL issue. It seems like a new one pops up every couple of weeks.

#569 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:35 PM

All I know is the Jets better win this week!!!!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#570 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

All I know is the Jets better win this week!!!!

..from the vultures in the newspapers, to the agenda seeking a-holes on the radio. I'm hoping we win just to shut those dweebs up.

......Jets Win = Trolls Vanish.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#571 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

I'm a little worried that all this nonsense has been a distraction when the Steelers should be the only focus. I hope they can pull it together and at least play competitively.

Troy Polamalu not expected to play, I heard.

#572 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

I wonder which official decided that the Steelers only need 9 yards per first down now?
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#573 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

I wonder which official decided that the Steelers only need 9 yards per first down now?

lol that was such an epic fail, the chain gang didn't know wtf was going on since it was such an obvious 2nd and 1.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#574 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

Also not thrilled about that hold that negated our 1st and goal earlier in the 2nd. Didn't grab him, didn't pull him down. It was just a weak looking arm lock, refs let that go all th time
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#575 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Steelers get away with more offensive holding than New England
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#576 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

That was either gutless or brainless not calling the timeout on that short completion. The Jets are playing like they just want to stay in the game, not so much to actually win it.

#577 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

That was either gutless or brainless not calling the timeout on that short completion. The Jets are playing like they just want to stay in the game, not so much to actually win it.

Hermball at its ugliest

#578 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Real nice of the defense to show up today against an offense that's been almost as bad as ours the last two weeks. Pittsburgh's doing what they want to us this week. And again we're probably covering up a Revis hamstring injury, what a shock. Otherwise he'd be on Wallace every down.

#579 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Sanchez has looked ok in the elements...it's just the Jets haven't had the ball enough because Pittsburgh is just chewing up yards and clock on us. I mean we can't stop ANYTHING they do

#580 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

Finally on offensive TD on a gorgeous bootleg by Sanchez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users