#602 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

Edit: Wrong thread.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 23 December 2010 - 07:13 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#603 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

Let's see (since the offseason)..
*Rex flips Dolphin's fans an obscene gesture.. *F`bomb disruption on Hardknocks.. *verbal harassment towards Ines Sainz.. *lack of discipline shown for Braylon Edwards' DWI.. *Rex's "poor taste" in dressing up like his brother, during a press conference.. *Rex's "poor taste" in comparing his wife, to supermodel Gisele Bundchen.. *Sal Alosi allegedly being instructed by coaches, to deliberately trip Nolan Carroll.. and now, finally.. kinky foot fetish video's released.

..am I forgetting anything? ;)

I'm pretty sure you got 'em all Beez. But the season 'aint over yet. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#604 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

When the hell did the Jets' defense get as bad as the Devils'? :rant:

Ugh, even if Washington gets us in the playoffs we're not going anywhere unless Sanchez starts winning games by himself. He's doing his best today but the D, ST's and running game aren't cooperating :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#605 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

Jets are winning this game.

#606 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

Jets are winning this game.

Well, maybe not.

#607 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

Well at least they're in the playoffs, and not only that but locked into the #6 seed so they can basically treat next week like a bye.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#608 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

I guess Jets are in the playoffs with the Jags loss.

#609 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

Sanchez was brilliant at times today, his #'s should've been even better but was plagued by drops left and right

Awful field. LT couldn't cut at all today. Was pretty much ineffective...Green had some nice runs though. We had success running behind the tackles but nowhere else.

Great job out of Bray and Santonio, unstoppable on the slants. Keller got back into the mix as well, though we really needed him to haul in that TD before the half.

Folk made his kicks

Defense... :puke:

why kick to Hester at all? I have no idea. whenever we did the Bears started in our end of the field and cashed in every single time.

Jets made the playoffs, that's all that matters
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#610 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

Well at least they're in the playoffs, and not only that but locked into the #6 seed so they can basically treat next week like a bye.

With how well we play after extra time :doh1: ...any normal team would but we may have to at least put 3 quarters of work in to beat the Bills. Plus I kind of want to go into the playoffs with a win and feeling good. LT is the only guy I would sit out the entire game and give McKnight the start
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#611 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

lol, and congrats to the Lions, 2nd consecutive road win over the pathetic flopping fish (it's not even worth it digging up that dead dolphin pic) sad sad franchise they are

#612 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image
........nothing else matters. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34, 26 December 2010 - 06:11 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#613 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

I love the Jets but i'm pretty damn sure this team is headed for a first round exit.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#614 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

I love the Jets but i'm pretty damn sure this team is headed for a first round exit.

i dont like the jets but i agree on the firstround exit. nothing to be proud of if your a fan of the jets

#615 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

I don't disagree it's likely they lose in the first round, but two straight years in the playoffs is nothing to be proud of? Yeah I know Rex talks and everything and the expectations are through the roof and all that but there's still something to be said for making the playoffs two years in a row in the NFL. How often have the Jets done that in their history? '69-70, '81-82, '85-86, '01-02...and the last two years. That's it, and never three straight years :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 December 2010 - 07:23 PM.

#616 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

i dont like the jets but i agree on the firstround exit. nothing to be proud of if your a fan of the jets

Yeah, that's true. Nothing to be proud of.. :rolleyes:

.....the Jets are going to the playoffs for the 2nd straight season, but nothing to be proud of.
.....only 3 teams in the Conference have more wins than the Jets, but nothing to be proud of.
.....3 consecutive seasons finishing the year with a winning record, but nothing to be proud of.
.....the Jets already have more wins this season than they did last season, but nothing to be proud of.
.....Sanchez has improved in every category in his 2nd season as a starting QB, but nothing to be proud of.
.....Rex has over 20 wins (including a winning record in the playoffs) since becoming head coach, but nothing to be proud of.

You know what.. you're right! :w00t:

Edited by Beezer34, 26 December 2010 - 07:37 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#617 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

What the Jets can't win in Kansas City or Indianapolis? Yeah, OK. We'll see about that.

#618 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

They don't have as good a defense as they did last year when Peyton smoked them (yeah he doesn't have as good an offense either but he still torches Rex's D constantly) and don't sleep on the Chiefs, they have as good a running game as anyone, terrific coaching with Weis/Crennel, and Cassel's playing as well as anyone not named Brady or Vick.

I do like our chances better on the road as we play like crap at home though like 7 pointed out maybe we'd better not treat next week like a bye since we don't do well off of those either.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 December 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#619 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

They don't have as good a defense as they did last year when Peyton smoked them (yeah he doesn't have as good an offense either but he still torches Rex's D constantly) and don't sleep on the Chiefs, they have as good a running game as anyone, terrific coaching with Weis/Crennel, and Cassel's playing as well as anyone not named Brady or Vick.

I do like our chances better on the road as we play like crap at home though like 7 pointed out maybe we'd better not treat next week like a bye since we don't do well off of those either.

I'm not sleeping on anyone. I'm just not assuming a first-round exit. The Jets are a good road team. I'm a bit concerned about the defense, yes.

#620 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

..don't sleep on the Chiefs, they have as good a running game as anyone, terrific coaching with Weis/Crennel, and Cassel's playing as well as anyone not named Brady or Vick.

Actually, things being what they are.. I'd love to play KC in the Wildcard game..
..to me, the Chiefs look like a team that's peaking too early. They've won 5 games, out of their last 6.. and that loss was solely due to Cassel's appendectomy. They're also WAAAY overdue for a loss @ home. Their last defeat in Arrowhead came on December 20th 2009!? :blink:

Although their running attack is ranked 1st overall, their passing game is ranked 30th. (and one thing you can say about the Jets defense.. they can stop the run)

------------------------------

..EDIT: Food for thought..
26° and snow today in Chicago.
17° and snow last week in Pittsburgh.
22° and freezing rain, December 6th in Foxboro.
..and the forecast is calling for a low of 29° on Sunday, with a chance of showers.

Crash Course for Marky Mark to play in the elements, over the last 4 weeks. If this stretch don't "break him in" ..nothing will!

Edited by Beezer34, 26 December 2010 - 10:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users