1787 replies to this topic

#641 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

I'm still not convinced how far this team can go in the playoffs, especially when we put up points, get a rare int pick6, and then let them back in the game by a stupid drop by smith on the stupid 4down punt fake.. Our pass rush sucks dick.

Yeah, that play was a disaster in the making. Completely killed any momentum the Jets were trying to maintain at that point in the game.
..the thing is though, if Brad Smith catches that ball.. Rex looks like a genius. :P

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#642 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

I didn't just say; "Hey everybody.. look how great the Jets are!!" It was a post in DEFENSE.. something both NJDevs4978 & Devils Dose (2 people you sited as agreeing with you when they never did) in fact pointed out to YOU!

NJDevs4978 and Devils Dose made more sense in their responses to me than you did...no surprise there.

As you can see, I never sited that NJDevs4978 & Devils Dose "agreed" with me...I simply stated that their posts made more sense than yours.

You are correct in that not much has changed in a year...you're still not capable of a real debate or discussion without misinterpreting what people say, or trying to twist their words around into something they didn't really say to fit the interpretation YOU want to go off on, to try to make yourself appear smarter than you really are. Funny how out of all the posters I've had debates/discussions with on this board, YOU are the only one I have this problem with.

I may indeed be a Jet-hater, but that doesn't make me a troll...I can still respect them as a ligit division rival, and I've given them kudos when they've earned them in Jet threads in the past...like I said, they did a terrific job last postseason, making the most of their opportunity, and even though they've faltered a bit down the stretch this season, I still consider them a dangerous team. I think that they can lose to anyone, but I also think they can beat anyone...a true "wild-card" team in every sense. If they make it to Foxborough, I'll be plenty scared/nervous watching that game. Even though that defense has been giving up some points (just 9 less than the Pats on the season), I still respect that unit, and think they can pull it together any given game and give that day's opponent a tough time.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#643 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

As you can see, I never sited that NJDevs4978 & Devils Dose "agreed" with me...I simply stated that their posts made more sense than yours.

You are correct in that not much has changed in a year...you're still not capable of a real debate or discussion without misinterpreting what people say, or trying to twist their words around into something they didn't really say to fit the interpretation YOU want to go off on, to try to make yourself appear smarter than you really are. Funny how out of all the posters I've had debates/discussions with on this board, YOU are the only one I have this problem with.

I may indeed be a Jet-hater, but that doesn't make me a troll...I can still respect them as a ligit division rival, and I've given them kudos when they've earned them in Jet threads in the past...like I said, they did a terrific job last postseason, making the most of their opportunity, and even though they've faltered a bit down the stretch this season, I still consider them a dangerous team. I think that they can lose to anyone, but I also think they can beat anyone...a true "wild-card" team in every sense. If they make it to Foxborough, I'll be plenty scared/nervous watching that game. Even though that defense has been giving up some points (just 9 less than the Pats on the season), I still respect that unit, and think they can pull it together any given game and give that day's opponent a tough time.

You didn't know if you don't praise the Jets/spin negatives into positives like Beezer34 that you are a troll?!? :D

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#644 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

..do you still wanna take anyone up in this thread on that "sig-bet" of yours? Just askin. :whistling:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#645 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

..do you still wanna take anyone up in this thread on that "sig-bet" of yours? Just askin. :whistling:

So brave of you to try to take it now....funny how you had your track shoes on when it was first proposed and were SPRINTING as far and fast away from it as you could.....congratulations, the Jets got some help from the Skins...if the G-Men take care of business next week and get the help they need, I will gladly take the bet against you or anyone else on this board....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#646 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

I wouldn't take it, even WHEN it becomes official that the Giants are out of it.. because it's nonsense talk. It has nothing to do with who's better, and everything to do with match-up's.. especially when you're talking about; who make's it in the NFC.

@ 6-9, Seattle still can make the postseason. If the Giants end up playing them sometime in the playoffs.. who in their right mind would take you up on that bet?! :giggle:

Edited by Beezer34, 28 December 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#647 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

I don't know if it's possible for the Giants, even if they make the 6, to go any higher. The WC going to St Louis/Seattle will either go to 11-5 Falcons or 12-4/11-5 Saints, since the best Wild Card plays the worst Divisional Champion. The winner of the Packers/Giants/Bucs wildcard chase is headed to either Chicago or Philly. So for the Giants and Seahawks to meet, both would be in the Conference Championships, which is pretty freaking unlikely.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#648 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

Speaking of crazy playoff scenarios...

The Jets will have pretty much no clue who they're playing between all the stupid tiebreakers per NFL.com

A Jets win + Ravens Win + Steelers Loss nets the Jets a #5 seed.

Anything less means #6.

But also to consider: a KC loss + Colts win puts the Colts as the #3 and the Chiefs as the #4. A Colts loss + Jags win puts the Jags at #4 and the Chiefs at #3.

So it is possible, albeit unlikely, that the Jets could be going to any of KC, Indy, or Jacksonville for round 1 of the playoffs. And while the Jets have been decent against the pass, they'd most likely much rather match up against a Jacksonville team missing its best weapon or a KC team that pretty much runs it down your throat to set up the offense. Another trip to Indy might not bode well for the Jets.

Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that

#649 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

The Jets will have pretty much no clue who they're playing between all the stupid tiebreakers per NFL.com

Anything less means #6.

But also to consider: a KC loss + Colts win puts the Colts as the #3 and the Chiefs as the #4. A Colts loss + Jags win puts the Jags at #4 and the Chiefs at #3.

So it is possible, albeit unlikely, that the Jets could be going to any of KC, Indy, or Jacksonville for round 1 of the playoffs. And while the Jets have been decent against the pass, they'd most likely much rather match up against a Jacksonville team missing its best weapon or a KC team that pretty much runs it down your throat to set up the offense. Another trip to Indy might not bode well for the Jets.

the jags are the team im pulling for the rest of the way 2 win it all. ive alwaysrespected jack del rio as a hc

#650 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Anything less means #6.

In bold: they have to break ties somehow...sifting through all of the different scenarios can be dizzying sometimes, no question.

Can't see Jacksonville getting in, mostly because I can't see Indy losing to Tennessee at home...the Titans have won just once in their last eight. Can't say I haven't seen stranger things in the NFL though.

Arrowhead's not an easy place to play in, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets pulled one out there. I'd give them a slight chance to beat the Colts.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 28 December 2010 - 11:18 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#651 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

I wouldn't take it, even WHEN it becomes official that the Giants are out of it.. because it's nonsense talk. It has nothing to do with who's better, and everything to do with match-up's.. especially when you're talking about; who make's it in the NFC.

@ 6-9, Seattle still can make the postseason. If the Giants end up playing them sometime in the playoffs.. who in their right mind would take you up on that bet?! :giggle:

As someone pointed out below, the Giants could only play the Seahawks if they met in the NFC Championship game, which is nearly impossible to occur...it is ok, I wouldn't take the bet if I were a Jets fan either. They have been unimpressive all year....

#652 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

As someone pointed out below, the Giants could only play the Seahawks if they met in the NFC Championship game, which is nearly impossible to occur...it is ok, I wouldn't take the bet if I were a Jets fan either. They have been unimpressive all year....

Some of their wins against lesser teams have been "meh", though it's always better to win those games than to lose them, style points or no style points. Ugly wins always > ugly or pretty losses.

In all fairness, I thought their win in Week 2 against the Pats (esp. in the 2nd half) and Week 15's win against the Steelers were impressive. Especially the win against the Steelers...that was a game the Jets had to have at all costs to save their season and they got it.

#30 FOREVER!

#653 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

the jags are the team im pulling for the rest of the way 2 win it all. ive alwaysrespected jack del rio as a hc

I'm the only one here who knows why you're really pulling for Jacksonville, aren't I? ;)

#654 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

Some of their wins against lesser teams have been "meh", though it's always better to win those games than to lose them, style points or no style points. Ugly wins always > ugly or pretty losses.

In all fairness, I thought their win in Week 2 against the Pats (esp. in the 2nd half) and Week 15's win against the Steelers were impressive. Especially the win against the Steelers...that was a game the Jets had to have at all costs to save their season and they got it.

Excuse me, I meant to say they were unimpressive for about 90% of the year....

#655 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

Excuse me, I meant to say they were unimpressive for about 90% of the year....

Even that's probably overstating it a bit...they did beat up on the Bills (if we're going to knock them for not beating bad teams as impressively as we'd like, we have to give them credit for beating bad teams convincingly)...ditto the Bengals. They're clearly a team that plays in a lot of tight games, regardless of the quality of their opposition (11 of their games have been decided by 9 points or less...and to their credit, in their four losses other than the 45-3 Patriot pasting, they lost those four games by a combined 18 points.)

#30 FOREVER!

#656 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

Jets Defense... :puke:

Gonna be big changes next season, if this squad can't pull it together. Got alot of freebies coming off the books, both on and off Gang Green.

-----------

...Noteworthy Free Agents (on defense) for 2011..
*Jets UFA's: Shaun Ellis, Trevor Pryce, David Harris, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Brodney Pool, Kris Jenkins, & Vernon Gholston.
*NFL UFA's: Ray Edwards, Mathias Kiwanuka, Haloti Ngata, Richard Seymour, Shawne Merriman, Antoine Bethea, and Champ Bailey.

..who comes.. who stays.. and who goes? The next 2 games plus will determine that.

#657 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

Gonna be big changes next season, if this squad can't pull it together. Got alot of freebies coming off the books, both on and off Gang Green.

-----------

...Noteworthy Free Agents (on defense) for 2011..
*Jets UFA's: Shaun Ellis, Trevor Pryce, David Harris, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Brodney Pool, Kris Jenkins, & Vernon Gholston.
*NFL UFA's: Ray Edwards, Mathias Kiwanuka, Haloti Ngata, Richard Seymour, Shawne Merriman, Antoine Bethea, and Champ Bailey.

..who comes.. who stays.. and who goes? The next 2 games plus will determine that.

I think it's pretty clear Jenkins is gone, especially if they sign Ngata. Dude can't stay healthy.

#658 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

I think it's pretty clear Jenkins is gone, especially if they sign Ngata. Dude can't stay healthy.

Gholston is gone.. that much is certain.
If they can get Bailey, Cromartie will be gone too. Same goes for Pool (if the Jets can get Bethea) but I doubt Indy allows him to walk. Harris is a lock to return next year. I also see them bringing back Ellis, out of sheer respect for all he's done with organization.. as well as Taylor believe it or not. JT was asked to do a little too much this season.. with the injuries that happened to Pryce, Jenkins, & Pace. Next season will be Jason Taylor's swan song, and the Jets will use him as an insurance policy back'up.

They may take a chance on either Seymour or Merriman.. but the guy who's name keeps popping up is Kiwanuka. At 27 years old, Mathias is a steal. He's an absolute animal at getting to the QB, and he can read offenses better than anyone the Jets have now.
Sign this beast!

-EDIT: Jets have just released Matt Kroul. Some weak rumors being tossed around that they'll use the open roster spot on Adalius Thomas. With this game against the Bills being practically meaningless, it makes sense to see what he has left this Sunday.. if they were to sign him.

Edited by Beezer34, 28 December 2010 - 08:10 PM.

#659 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

They may take a chance on either Seymour or Merriman.. but the guy who's name keeps popping up is Kiwanuka. At 27 years old, Mathias is a steal. He's an absolute animal at getting to the QB, and he can read offenses better than anyone the Jets have now.
Sign this beast!

Keep dreaming. He will work out a new deal with the G-Men. If not, he will get franchise tagged.

#660 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

keep dreamin on every1. the salay cap comes bak next year. andthe j-e-t-s are b-r-o-k-e after the spending they did this year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users