1787 replies to this topic

#661 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

keep dreamin on every1. the salay cap comes bak next year. andthe j-e-t-s are b-r-o-k-e after the spending they did this year

With about 90% of certainty, here's who's coming off the books next season..

..*Kellen Clemens: 700k
..*Mark Brunnell: 1.3m
..*Tony Richardson: 900k
..*Bryan Thomas: 3.7m
..*Kris Jenkins: 5.1m
..*Vernon Gholston: 500k
..*Damien Woody: 3.5m
..*Brodney Pool: 3.2m
..*Ropati Pitoitua: 600k

20 million dollars right there. :ph34r: The magic man Mr. T, was able to save 10 million dollars, from reworking the terms of 6 players contracts this past offseason! If he's able to do the same this coming offseason, to some of the more "complementary" type veterans (ie; Ellis, Taylor, J'Co, LT, etc.) you're looking at around 30 millions dollars for the Jets to play with next year.
You're also forgetting the recruiting ace, that is Rex Ryan.. voted the #1 coach (by the players THEMSELVES) as to; *Who they'd most like to play for* this season. Players will take less money to come here, for the Jets more relaxed atmosphere.. in conjunction with the fact that they're a highly competitive team.

..in conclusion: `If you're looking forward for the Jets' new found Yankee'esque type spending to cease this offseason.. look elsewhere! Posted Image

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#662 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

As far as I know guys like Holmes, Edwards and David Harris are also UFA at the end of the year. At least one of the WR's have to be re-signed and Harris'll get a major raise too.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#663 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

As far as I know guys like Holmes, Edwards and David Harris are also UFA at the end of the year. At least one of the WR's have to be re-signed and Harris'll get a major raise too.

nailed it. the jets d is a mess. if they sign edwards holmes theyll hav little to no moneyleft for there struggling d

#664 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

You know for all the flack this team gets for having a; "sh!tty defense" ~ "struggling defense" ~ "overrated defense" and what not.. it's important to remember where this defense was last season. They were #1 in the NFL! It's very difficult to maintain that two years in-a-row. Fast forward to this season.. we're still a Top 10 defense in the league (as far as statistically) with many categories comparable to last season.
We registered 32 sacks last season, we got 37 this season. 15 forced fumbles last season, 14 this season. 1,578 rushing yrds allowed last season, 1,417 this season. 11 rushing touchdowns allowed last season, 11 this season.

Currently, we're ranked 5th in the league against the run.. 9th against the pass.. 11th in 'average points allowed per-game'.. and 9th in sacks. In the 'total defense' category (YPG) the only one that really matters.. we're ranked 4th overall.
..this is what you call a "defense that's a mess" ? :huh: There hasn't been other teams in years past, that have made deep playoff runs, with a Top 10 defense?

-----------------------------

..and I fail to comprehend how the impending Edwards\Holmes signing(s), will effect the Jets from improving their defense next season? :mellow: So what. So they'll have to choose between the two. Didn't we already know that, going into this season?
Let's say the Jets resign Braylon, and sacrifice Santonio.. then go out and acquire a Kiwanuka\Ngata type player with the money they saved on Holmes. Isn't that worth it? :noclue: Okay, so the offense won't be as talented without Holmes.. I get that. But with Cotchery, Keller, Edwards, B. Smith, Greene, & LT, all still on the team.. how much of a drop-off will the offense be subject to?

Edited by Beezer34, 29 December 2010 - 12:37 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#665 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

You know for all the flack this team gets for having a; "sh!tty defense" ~ "struggling defense" ~ "overrated defense" and what not.. it's important to remember where this defense was last season. They were #1 in the NFL! It's very difficult to maintain that two years in-a-row. Fast forward to this season.. we're still a Top 10 defense in the league (as far as statistically) with many categories comparable to last season.
We registered 32 sacks last season, we got 37 this season. 15 forced fumbles last season, 14 this season. 1,578 rushing yrds allowed last season, 1,417 this season. 11 rushing touchdowns allowed last season, 11 this season.

Currently, we're ranked 5th in the league against the run.. 9th against the pass.. 11th in 'average points allowed per-game'.. and 9th in sacks. In the 'total defense' category (YPG) the only one that really matters.. we're ranked 4th overall.
..this is what you call a "defense that's a mess" ? :huh: There hasn't been other teams in years past, that have made deep playoff runs, with a Top 10 defense?

..and I fail to comprehend how the impending Edwards\Holmes signing(s), will effect the Jets from improving their defense next season? :mellow: So what. So they'll have to choose between the two. Didn't we already know that, going into this season?
Let's say the Jets resign Braylon, and sacrifice Santonio.. then go out and acquire a Kiwanuka\Ngata type player with the money they saved on Holmes. Isn't that worth it? :noclue: Okay, so the offense won't be as talented without Holmes.. I get that. But with Cotchery, Keller, Edwards, B. Smith, Greene, & LT, all still on the team.. how much of a drop-off will the offense be subject to?

ok. so if you tak a step forward improving ur defense and a step bak on offense, how much better will u be?

#666 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

It is too early to be drinking this much. 1. If you lose Holmes, you are losing your best offensive weapon, period. He singlehandedly won the Jets 2 games. 2. You are NOT getting Kiwanuka. Lookup "franchise tag" and you will learn why. Looks like the Yankees approach of "buying a Championship" isn't as easy to do in the NFL.... :rofl:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#667 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

Leave it to Beezer to leave out a key component of how this Jets' D compares to last year's D...most notably, opposing quarterbacks' combined numbers this season and last:

2009: 501 Att, 257 Comp, 51.7 Comp%, 2704 yrds, 8 TD, 17 INT, 58.2 rating
2010: 505 Att, 259 Comp, 50.9 Comp%, 3324 yrds, 24 TD, 8 INT, 81.2 rating

In both cases, it's pretty amazing how the Jets limit completed passes...in these days where 60%+ completion rates are now the norm, to hold opposing QBs to that low a comp% (in back-toback seasons) is very impressive.

But with one game to go, they've already allowed 624 more passing yards, 16 more passing TDs, and come down with 9 less INTs. That's significant, though in fairness, some kind of drop-off had to be expected from last year...2009 is about as good as it can get for any D-corp.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#668 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

Leave it to Beezer to leave out a key component of how this Jets' D compares to last year's D...most notably, opposing quarterbacks' combined numbers this season and last:

In both cases, it's pretty amazing how the Jets limit completed passes...in these days where 60%+ completion rates are now the norm, to hold opposing QBs to that low a comp% (in back-toback seasons) is very impressive.

But with one game to go, they've already allowed 624 more passing yards, 16 more passing TDs, and come down with 9 less INTs. That's significant, though in fairness, some kind of drop-off had to be expected from last year...2009 is about as good as it can get for any D-corp.

Where can you lookup those stats?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#669 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

ok. so if you tak a step forward improving ur defense and a step bak on offense, how much better will u be?

It wouldn't be even swap. That's what you're not getting.
The Jets offense will be improving by default next season anyway, by means of the draft.. a new OC.. Sanchez's development.. etc. Of course losing either Holmes or Edwards would be a blow, I'm not saying that. But for a premier player on defense?! :noclue: You wouldn't make that trade off for a guy like Ray Edwards? The kids a freak. He's got 8 sacks in 13 games.. and he's only 25 years old.

If you went to Tannenbaum and said; Ngata -or- Holmes.. do you actually think he'd say Holmes? Do you know how adding a guy like Ngata, would completely transform this team?

Looks like the Yankees approach of "buying a Championship" isn't as easy to do in the NFL.... :rofl:

Why, the playoffs are over? The Jets got eliminated already? We simulated the season all the way to the Superbowl? :unsure: Damn I must've missed that.
....who won?

Edited by Beezer34, 29 December 2010 - 01:36 PM.

#670 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

Where can you lookup those stats?

On ESPN...each team's main stats page...underneath each team's QB numbers you can find the opposition's passing numbers.

NJdevs4978 already pointed out the 24 TD passes allowed this season vs. the 8 TD passes last season...I just posted the full lines.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#671 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

right on. the jets d has fallen hugely threw the air.

#672 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

right on. the jets d has fallen hugely threw the air.

My post clearly said; "the 2009 Jets were the #1 defense" -- "the 2010 Jets are a Top 10 defense." Therefore, I am obviously aware of the categories where this team has slipped!! Wouldn't I be acknowledging the skid, if I were to post something like that in the first place?! Can you fvcking read, or do you just like to talk??

I was pointing out the categories that were similar to last season. What I had said was; "many categories are comparable to last season."
Many.. not all, but MANY!

*via webster Many-:  (meh`nee) adj: Meaning more of. "Not all, but a good amount"

This was said in response to your: "The Jets defense is a mess" comment.
A "mess" would be complete sh!t. A "mess" wouldn't be Top 10 in the NFL. A "mess" wouldn't be comparable to last season.. in ANY form. Thus, why I said what I said.. in the first place.

Edited by Beezer34, 29 December 2010 - 01:56 PM.

#673 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

gettin fiesty there beez. the truth must hurt :P

#674 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

My post clearly said; "the 2009 Jets were the #1 defense" -- "the 2010 Jets are a Top 10 defense." Therefore, I am obviously aware of the categories where this team has slipped!! Wouldn't I be acknowledging the skid, if I were to post something like that in the first place?! Can you fvcking read, or do you just like to talk??

I was pointing out the categories that were similar to last season. What I had said was; "many categories are comparable to last season."
Many.. not all, but MANY!

*via webster- many:  (meh`nee) adj: Meaning more of. "Not all, but a good amount"

In bold: you're aware, but yet you choose to more-or-less not acknowledge them at all. You had no trouble pulling up the more "favorable" numbers. Don't you think the dropoff in passing numbers was worth posting, for the sake of balance?

#30 FOREVER!

#675 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

In bold: you're aware, but yet you choose to more-or-less not acknowledge them at all. You had no trouble pulling up the more "favorable" numbers.

This was said in response to your: "The Jets defense is a mess" comment.
A "mess" would be complete sh!t. A "mess" wouldn't be Top 10 in the NFL. A "mess" wouldn't be comparable to last season.. in ANY form. Thus, why I said what I said.. in the first place.

#676 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

gettin fiesty there beez. the truth must hurt :P

The truth. :rofl:
..the truth of what? That this thread has been completely flooded with trolls, and has (coincidentally) gotten disgustingly worse since the Jets have clinched the playoffs?

Jets have barely beaten the average teams, and get their asses kicked against the good team. Good luck in the playoffs. -lol

Your vaunted defense isn't looking nearly as impressive as it did last season, and it's not like you had a tough schedule. Get to the AFC Finals again, and you can beat your chest.

I shouldn't be surprised, considering the level of class exemplified by Fat fvck Rex. Enjoy Pittsburgh next week Jet fans.

Your wins have been on the LAST PLAY of the game/in the final seconds! Also not to mention that the Colts, Chargers, and Ravens are all vastly better than Denver, Detroit, Cleveland and Houston. Please stop. The Jets miraculous wins are something of fairy tale status.

keep dreamin. the salay cap comes bak next year. andthe j-e-t-s are b-r-o-k-e after the spending they did this year

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
"Jets are in financial peril" -- "You don't deserve your wins" -- "Get to the Conference Championship again, and you can talk" -- "Just wait till next week.. you'll see!!" -- "Rex is a piece of sh!t"

..you all actually have the nerve, to sit there and say you're not haters? Why bother to come into this thread in the first place, if you weren't obsessed? Because I'm a homer\glass is half full type fan? What the fvck do you care what kind of a fan I am? This is a Jets thread.. and I am a Jets fan! :soap:

#677 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

I may indeed be a Jet-hater, but that doesn't make me a troll...I can still respect them as a ligit division rival, and I've given them kudos when they've earned them in Jet threads in the past...like I said, they did a terrific job last postseason, making the most of their opportunity, and even though they've faltered a bit down the stretch this season, I still consider them a dangerous team. I think that they can lose to anyone, but I also think they can beat anyone...a true "wild-card" team in every sense. If they make it to Foxborough, I'll be plenty scared/nervous watching that game. Even though that defense has been giving up some points (just 9 less than the Pats on the season), I still respect that unit, and think they can pull it together any given game and give that day's opponent a tough time.

There you go. I've admitted more than once that I hate the Jets, being a long-time rival of my team. Now read the rest. Not really trolling is it?

#30 FOREVER!

#678 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

Why, the playoffs are over? The Jets got eliminated already? We simulated the season all the way to the Superbowl? :unsure: Damn I must've missed that.
....who won?

If you think the Jets have a realistic shot of winning the Super Bowl then I feel bad for you...take off your dark green glasses and realize, that this time just isn't that good. Nowhere near Super Bowl Championship caliber....

There you go. I've admitted more than once that I hate the Jets, being a long-time rival of my team. Now read the rest. Not really trolling is it?

Posting any stats/statements that detract from complete Jets homerism= trolling here.....

#679 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

In bold: you're aware, but yet you choose to more-or-less not acknowledge them at all. You had no trouble pulling up the more "favorable" numbers. Don't you think the dropoff in passing numbers was worth posting, for the sake of balance?

Why would he post something that is unfavorable to his beloved Jets? That would be counterproductive to his maniacal posts. Imagine someone showing you their children's finger paintings and trying to sell it to you as an original Picasso. That is Beezer trying to convince us that the Jets are legit team

#680 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:15 PM

If you think the Jets have a realistic shot of winning the Super Bowl then I feel bad for you...take off your dark green glasses and realize, that this time just isn't that good. Nowhere near Super Bowl Championship caliber....

I think they have a shot, though it's kind of a long one. First, their defense would have to step up and play closer to last year's level. Outside of the 45-3 Pat loss, even though the D has slipped from last season, they still keep their team in a lot of games. That's huge, considering their offense has been "meh" all season, and that Sanchez's numbers have been headed the wrong way.

These are two big ifs, but IF that D can step it up, and IF Mark Sanchez can pick up his play and resemble the guy who looked like he was taking big steps forward early on, the Jets have a shot, especially if one or more of the teams they're facing comes up with a clunker. Like I said, if the Pats play them I won't be thinking it's an easy win...I'll be nervous...I do respect them.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users