Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

..........3 MORE DAYS!
Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 05 January 2011 - 09:29 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#722 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

Despite the looming uncertainty when the current collective bargaining agreement lapses, I still feel confident the Jets (as an organization) are headed in the right direction. We've got great young talent, with veteran presence.. an above average GM.. an owner who doesn't mind putting his hand in his pocket.. and Rex Ryan who.. like him or not, is going to be the Jets version of Andy Reid imo. (as far as longevity) If they can lock'up 90% of their UFA's next season, and add a legitimate pass-rusher.. the sky's the limit. Last season we finished with the #1 ranked defense in the NFL under 'RR.. and this season (despite all the negative bullsh!t from the skeptics) we finished #3 overall in the league. Quite a drop-off I must say. :rolleyes:
The foundation is there, it just needs to be properly cultivated.

Definitely agree with the bolded statement, they have the foundation.

But the bottom line is that the Jets will only go as far as the Sanchize takes them. It's my belief, based on the rule changes in the NFL, that too much has to go right at once for a ground and pound team to be successful at a high level. Their defense needs to be top five all year long, and the running game has to be tops in the NFL. In that respect, the 2009 Jets might have been the perfect storm of that approach. I applaud the Jets for beginning to take the training wheels off of Sanchez, sometimes at the expense of wins, but years 3-4 are coming, barring a work stoppage, and these are the "put up or shut up" years for Mark. It takes a lot for a team to reach a Super Bowl, let alone win one, but if the Jets, as constructed, don't make the AFC title game by the end of the fourth year, with the likely resigning of Holmes (keep him over Edwards, IMO, if you have to choose) and the addition of a speed back/resigning of LT, then either the injury bug killed the team or Sanchez has not improved enough and needs to go.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#723 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

................countdown officially underway. 24 hours. :pray:

Edited by Beezer34, 07 January 2011 - 08:55 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#724 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

I guess everyone's too jacked up to post in the thread today :lol:

Wow, just wow. Game balls all around, starting with the O-line for manning up in the 2nd half. Tomlinson got rid of his playoff demons, Greene ran it really well too. Braylon made a couple of huge plays, the D shut down Peyton in the first half other than that one mistake on the Garcon bomb then held him to FG's in the second half.

And for once the other team was the one having meltdowns in a big spot...that kid running into the kicker was Gastineau-like dumb. And Caldwell calling a timeout when the Jets looked like they were ready to settle for close to a 50-yard FG?! He might as well have saved it to ice Folk, instead it gave the Jets time to call a jump ball that made the difference.

Rex finally gets past Peyton, now the Jet team at least has a shot to vanquish the Patriot demon once and for all. I don't expect us to do it but at least they have an opportunity for redemption after 45-3.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#725 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,001 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

I can't even begin to describe how idiotic that timeout by Jim Caldwell was. It was pretty much insane. He gave the Jets an extra timeout. There was absolutely no way that the Colts were getting the ball back. He called timeout at 33 seconds, so if he doesn't call it they won't get a play off until 23 seconds and you make a young QB scramble. Instead, you stop the clock and give the coaches a chance to call their best play. Absolutely crazy.

Edited by devilsrule33, 08 January 2011 - 11:30 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#726 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

Yes!

#727 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,185 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

I can't even begin to describe how idiotic that timeout by Jim Caldwell was. It was pretty much insane.

Peyton's 'WTF is this ****?!' look on the bench right after it was classic :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#728 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

congrats jets fans. takse a lot to beat the great peyton in hishouse.

#729 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

And the jets clock management was good in this game. If Rex called a timeout to ice vinateri, I would have lost it!

#730 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

I can't even begin to describe how idiotic that timeout by Jim Caldwell was. It was pretty much insane. He gave the Jets an extra timeout. There was absolutely no way that the Colts were getting the ball back. He called timeout at 33 seconds, so if he doesn't call it they won't get a play off until 23 seconds and you make a young QB scramble. Instead, you stop the clock and give the coaches a chance to call their best play. Absolutely crazy.

this

#731 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

It may look like it was a stupid time out by Caldwell in hindsight. I think Caldwell took the time out because he may have felt a booth review was coming after the last catch by the Jets receiver was close to being out of bounds (brilliant play to get both feet down BTW). Had there been a review and the catch been overturned, the Jets would have been on the very limit of Folk's FG range regardless of what down it was. It's easy to second guess a coach from your armchair...

#732 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

Agree with DR33. Might as well have saved that to ice the kicker. Would've been a lot more effective. And on top of that you make the Jets call timeout there, so the can't let it wind down later

#733 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,185 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:40 PM

It may look like it was a stupid time out by Caldwell in hindsight. I think Caldwell took the time out because he may have felt a booth review was coming after the last catch by the Jets receiver was close to being out of bounds (brilliant play to get both feet down BTW). Had there been a review and the catch been overturned, the Jets would have been on the very limit of Folk's FG range regardless of what down it was. It's easy to second guess a coach from your armchair...

Uh no, Caldwell took his timeout BEFORE that play, when the Jets had just had a one-yard run on first down with the clock running on 2nd and 9 from about the 30-32 yard line. It was beyond idiotic, there was no reason to take a timeout there.

And the jets clock management was good in this game. If Rex called a timeout to ice vinateri, I would have lost it!

Yep, his time management's always been iffy but he was good today, calling the timeout on second down to save clock and not calling the stupid timeout to ice a kicker that can't be iced (although you could tell he was fighting the urge on the sideline lol).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 January 2011 - 11:48 PM.

#734 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

Where's ThreeCups? He owes me a dance :dance:
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#735 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

++++++++++++++
We were all sitting here watching going "WTF" Why is the clock not running when they cut to Manning saying the same thing. This was the worst timeout taken this year! FOR SURE! Awful use giving the Jets a breather there!!

Moronic. And yet another flukey Win in the Jets W column. They did have a good game Defensively, I'll admit, but C'MON MAN! You don't call timeout there!!!!

Here's hoping the Pats and Belichick have another heapin helpin of ASS WHOOPIN in store for them next weekend!!!!

GO PATS GO!!!

Edited by Masked Fan, 09 January 2011 - 03:49 AM.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#736 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

Where's ThreeCups? He owes me a dance :dance:

:dance:

There.

Good game. Sanchez still looks like sh!t....but a win nonetheless. Caldwell is a terrible clock mismanagement....

Folk with ice in the veins.

I think their run comes to a halting screech in Foxboro though. Brady is doing big things...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#737 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

........Last season Peyton Manning blocked the Jets path to the Superbowl. A year later.. turnabout's fair-play. :uni:
...........Posted Image

-------------------------------

....revenge is sweet. :yea:
Just a great game all around. Top to bottom, the Jets played their hearts out. Greene with 70 yrds off nearly 20 carries.. LT with 80 yrds off nearly 20 carries. THAT's the type of ground & pound football you have to play in the playoffs, when you've got a 2nd year QB. Win or lose next week, these games are invaluable to the kids experience. Next Sunday will be Sanchez's 5th playoff game! He has lost only one in his career. He's getting on the job training, that will only further his development going forward.
Another game of' "the tale of two halves" type circumstances. Without question, the Jets looked horrible in the 1st half. But the 2nd half was a different football team wearing the green & white all together. The defense looked amazing.. the o'line looked amazing.. everything just seemed to be running perfectly. Braylon "stone`hands" Edwards with the play of the game. Nick Folk! What else can you say? 3 seconds left, and if you miss it.. it's over! The pressure he must've endured prior to kicking that FG had to have been immense. Perhaps a little angel named Aiden willed that ball through the upright for the Jets.

So now the Jets head into Foxboro next Sunday.. where the 10-day forecast is already calling for snow, and a low of 19°. A victory will advance the Jets to the exact same place they were last year.. the Final Four! :clap: We all know what's going to be written\said all week long, heading into this game. The Pats are unstoppable.. They've won 12 out of their last 13 games.. 45-3 embarrassment the last time the Jets were there.. October 17th; the last time Brady threw a pick.. etc.. :blahblah:
..so we shouldn't even come to play right? Maybe we'll stay home and forfeit the game. :rolleyes: Whatever the case may be..

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
..and then there were 6. Who goes to the Superbowl?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
..and then there were 5. Who's going to the Superbowl?

Food for thought: --Since becoming head coach for the New York Jets.. Rex Ryan's win\lose record (including playoffs) stands @ *23-13, with 1 AFC Championship appearance. *Bill Parcells' Jets record over his first 36 games coached?? *23-13, with 1 AFC Championship appearance. --spooky! :blink:
..is 'RR the best head coach the Jets have had since Tuna?

---------------

EDIT: This is in no way a slight to Brad Smith.. but anyone starting to think that with Westhoff @ the helm, ANYONE can be a successful KR on the New York Teams Special Teams?
First it was Justin Miller.. next it was Leon Washington.. then Brad Smith.. now Antonio Cromartie. :noclue:

Edited by Beezer34, 09 January 2011 - 08:52 PM.

#738 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
..and then there were 5. Who's going to the Superbowl?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
..and then there were 4. Who's going to the Superbowl?

#739 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Terrific all-around game by the Jets...I did think the Colts were going to win going in, but I thought the Jets had a fair shot...when their D is on, they can beat anyone. Pats-Jets is as compelling as it gets...

Although the goals are pretty lofty for the Jets right now, if they lose this week I don't think they have anything to be ashamed of...not easy to win three road playoff games in two postseasons...that's an impressive achievement in itself. Two unbelievable AFC matchups coming up...four teams with a very good chance to advance...Baltimore hosting the Jets wouldn't surprise me one bit...a #5 seed hosting a Conference Championship...crazy...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#740 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

..Some cool video's I found since the victory over the Colts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HABP_nFd6Ekhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXs3SSKaoPo&feature=player_embedded

....why is it the more I think about this game coming up @ Foxboro.. the more I'm beginning to believe? ^_^

Edited by Beezer34, 10 January 2011 - 11:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users