1787 replies to this topic

#741 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

..Some cool video's I found since the victory over the Colts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HABP_nFd6Ekhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXs3SSKaoPo&feature=player_embedded

....why is it the more I think about this game coming up @ Foxboro.. the more I'm beginning to believe? ^_^

its just hype your feeling from the win. your still on a high. id be veryshocked if the jets beat the pats on sunday. how many times have u guys been in this spot b4 only to fail

#742 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

its just hype your feeling from the win. your still on a high. id be veryshocked if the jets beat the pats on sunday. how many times have u guys been in this spot b4 only to fail

Been in what spot? The Divisional Playoffs (2nd round) after having advanced from the Wildcard? Posted Image

.....*1983: JETS vs Oakland Raiders - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.
.....*1987: JETS vs Cleveland Browns - Jets lose. Cleveland advances to Final Four.
.....*1999: JETS vs Jacksonville Jaguars - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.
.....*2003: JETS vs Oakland Raiders - Jets lose. Oakland advances to Superbowl.
.....*2005: JETS vs Pittsburgh Steelers - Jets lose. Pittsburgh advances to Final Four.
.....*2010: JETS vs San Diego Chargers - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.
.....*2011: JETS vs New England Patriots - Jets ????

..over the last 30 years, the Jets are .500 being in the spot that they're in now.

-----------

EDIT: When you look at it, in the sense of 'recent heartbreak'.. it tells the tale for Jets nation. --Over the last 8 years, the Jets have finished 2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance.. on 4 separate occasion! :blink: In the words of Joe Benigno; "..oh, the pain." Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 11 January 2011 - 09:16 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#743 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

-----------

EDIT: When you look at it, in the sense of 'recent heartbreak'.. it tells the tale for Jets nation. --Over the last 8 years, the Jets have finished 2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance.. on 4 separate occasion! :blink: In the words of Joe Benigno; "..oh, the pain." Posted Image

"2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance" only means they won a playoff game in that particular season. Hell, any team that gets a first round bye is only "2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance"

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#744 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

"2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance" only means they won a playoff game in that particular season. Hell, any team that gets a first round bye is only "2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance"

..you're missing the context. "4x in the past 8 seasons" is an average of every other year. (since 2003) To strike out on a Conference Championship throughout that quotient, is a heartbreaking ratio.

Edited by Beezer34, 11 January 2011 - 10:04 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#745 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

.....*1999: JETS vs Jacksonville Jaguars - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.
.....*2003: JETS vs Oakland Raiders - Jets lose. Oakland advances to Superbowl.
.....*2005: JETS vs Pittsburgh Steelers - Jets lose. Pittsburgh advances to Final Four.
.....*2010: JETS vs San Diego Chargers - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.
.....*2011: JETS vs New England Patriots - Jets ????

What this shows is that, despite not getting to a Super Bowl, the Jets of recent history really aren't nearly as inept as they are perceived to be (same old Jets, etc.) While the above hardly qualifies as a dynasty, there's teams that have fared far worse than 5 playoff appearances since '99, and it's not like the Jets have been one-and-done everytime they've gotten in.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#746 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

What this shows is that, despite not getting to a Super Bowl, the Jets of recent history really aren't nearly as inept as they are perceived to be (same old Jets, etc.) While the above hardly qualifies as a dynasty, there's teams that have fared far worse than 5 playoff appearances since '99, and it's not like the Jets have been one-and-done everytime they've gotten in.

i think they have morethan 5 playff appearances actually since 99. didnt they make it the 2001.2002 season

#747 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

i think they have morethan 5 playff appearances actually since 99. didnt they make it the 2001.2002 season

2002 & 2007.
You asked; "how many times have the Jets been in THIS position" ie.. 2 wins away from reaching the Superbowl. I didn't include 02 or 07, because the Jets were eliminated in the Wildcard round.

As far as the Jets being a 'somewhat competitive' team (postseason appearances) I guess you can say that. <_< --After all, playoff games in; 1999.. 2002.. 2003.. 2005.. 2007.. 2010.. 2011.. (7 occasions) in a 12 year span.
But again.. look at that ratio!! To reach the playoffs 7x since 1999, and not at least walk away with an AFC Title is heartbreaking. I'm not asking for a Superbowl.. but 1 Conference Championship at the very least would've been nice.

#748 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

7 playoff apperances in 12 years. i must say thats pretty damn good. esspeically in the tristate area

#749 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

7 playoff apperances in 12 years. i must say thats pretty damn good. esspeically in the tristate area

..and think about that other football team that plays in New York.

.....*Since 1999, the Giants have made the postseason 6x.. and have achieved 2 Conference Titles & 1 Superbowl.
.....*Since 1999, the Jets have made the postseason 7x (1 more than Big Blew) and have achieved NOTHING!

Consistency -vs- Parody. That's the difference when you talk about the AFC & NFC.
Over the last 12 years, name the dominant teams of the AFC. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NE, & Indy. 9 Superbowl appearances from those 4 teams combined, since 1999!! :blink: Now try and do the same thing with the NFC. It's tough isn't it?
..here I'll make it easier for you; Atlanta.. St. Louis 2x.. Tampa Bay.. Carolina.. Philly.. Seattle.. Chicago.. Arizona.. New Orleans.. and the Giants 2x. Quite a congenial difference, I must say. :giggle:
Thus; the main reason why fans of that Conference, like to make "sig-bets" with fans from the AFC. :whistling:

"When you come from the NFC, and you win a Superbowl it's a great accomplishment. But over the last few years.. when you're an AFC team and you win the Superbowl, it means much more." -John Madden.

Edited by Beezer34, 11 January 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#750 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

And over those 12 years they've appeared in a total of 12 games (guaranteed to be at least 13) and have a record of 6-6.

It's funny, there is really is this perception that the Jets have been much worse than they've performed, and I'll be the first to admit I'm one of the guilty parties in that regard. They've broken their fans' hearts at times, but this franchise all-around has really been much much better than the pre-'99 team trainwrecks.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#751 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

And over those 12 years they've appeared in a total of 12 games (guaranteed to be at least 13) and have a record of 6-6.

It's funny, there is really is this perception that the Jets have been much worse than they've performed, and I'll be the first to admit I'm one of the guilty parties in that regard. They've broken their fans' hearts at times, but this franchise all-around has really been much much better than the pre-'99 team trainwrecks.

agree. its tough to cry theblues as much as they do when u can boast that type of record in a the spna of 12 years

#752 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

"When you come from the NFC, and you win a Superbowl it's a great accomplishment. But over the last few years.. when you're an AFC team and you win the Superbowl, it means much more." -John Madden.

It's not a stretch to say that the road teams in the AFC could conceivably win every single game. It would be a mild surprise, but not a shocker. That gives everyone an idea of how deep the AFC is this season...neither the #1 or #2 teams are locks to win, and both of them are very good teams.

#30 FOREVER!

#753 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

agree. its tough to cry theblues as much as they do when u can boast that type of record in a the spna of 12 years

:argh:
The point is WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR OPPORTUNITIES.. THAT's why Jet fans cry!!!
..if you were to go back over the last 12 years, and see only 1 playoff birth for the Jets.. no one would say anything about not getting to the Superbowl. Because we would've only had 1 crack at it. But that's not the case here. When you look at what the Jets have done over the last 12 years.. you're proving my point. Because there were many missed opportunities to do something special. --Go compare it to the local teams in NY & NJ, and look at what they've done with fewer attempts than the Jets..

----------------
..Postseason births ranked since 1999, and the results that came from them
#1: New York Yankees - 11 playoff appearances. (9 Division Titles.. 5 Pennants.. 3 Worlds Series')
#2: New Jersey Devils - 11 playoff appearances. (7 Division Titles.. 3 Conference Championships.. 2 Stanley Cups)
.#3: JETS - 7 playoff appearances. (2 Division Titles)
#4: New York Giants - 6 playoff appearances. (1 Superbowl.. 2 Conference Championships.. 3 Division Titles)
#5: New Jersey Nets - 6 playoff appearances. (4 Division Titles.. 2 Conference Championships)
#6: New York Islanders - 4 playoff appearances. (no accolades of note)
#7: New York Rangers - 4 playoff appearances. (no accolades of note)
#8: New York Mets - 3 playoff appearances. (1 2006 Division Title.. 1 2000 NL Pennant)
#9: New York Knicks - 2 playoff appearances. (1 Conference Championship)
----------------

..do you NOW comprehend what it is I've been trying to say?! :horse:
Over all the local teams in the tri-state area from the 4 major sports, the number of Jets playoff births are behind only the Devils & Yanks.. yet they have NOTHING to show for it.

#754 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

We don't have an easy game by far this Sunday. Not many, if any, even Jets fans believe we will pull out a win. Eeking out a win against a depleted Colts team isn't much to get the hopes up and think we have a great chance Sunday.

Now, I love this god forsaken team more than someone should, but I have a hard time to think, that we beat those fvcking faggots on Sunday. Better start the praying now.
Posted Image Posted Image

#755 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

............4 MORE DAYS!
..Posted Image
Posted Image
..Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 14 January 2011 - 11:15 AM.

#756 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

I heard Gisele told Tom he gets a threesome with her and Bridget if he beats the Jets this weekend soooooo .... just sayin' :whistling:

:lock:

GO PATS!!!!!!!!

:evil:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#757 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

Huge news, heard on 1050 ESPN this morning that Damien Woody's season is done. Big blow to an offensive line that needs to block the pass and create running gaps. I'm not sure if the Pats personnel can exploit this, but if the Jets win this week, whoever will be on the other side of the ball will be able to.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#758 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

Huge news, heard on 1050 ESPN this morning that Damien Woody's season is done. Big blow to an offensive line that needs to block the pass and create running gaps. I'm not sure if the Pats personnel can exploit this, but if the Jets win this week, whoever will be on the other side of the ball will be able to.

..the Woody injury is big, no question. But no bigger than Jenkins, Leonhard, Pitoitua, or any other of the Jets players already out with injury.
The Jets have to realize they're playing with house money here. They have the luxury of playing fast & loose, and they need to capitalize on that fully to advance to the AFC Championship. Go search the media outlets; radio\websites\newspapers\tv. NOBODY is giving the Jets a snow's chance in hell. The Patriots are 8½ point favorites.. who have won 12 out of their last 13.. playing in front of their fans.. with a quarterback that hasn't thrown an interception since October. As far as I see it, all the pressure is on New England. :noclue:

I said this before, and I'll say it again: *If the Jets played the Pats the day after the Colts game.. the Pats would've won 100 out of 100 times! They don't want to get into a week of quotes, and speculation, and media buzz surrounding the manusha the game. :blahblah: They just want to play this game, and move on. That's it! Nothing more. If it were up to them, they would've played it yesterday.
The longer this goes without the two teams playing, the more it favors the Jets imo. I know people will contest; "but Beez, the Pats have all this time to rest their players and prepare." Yes, that may be true... but this team was white hot in regards to playing with cadence. The Patriots were on an 11 week roll, where they were not only winning games against quality opponents.. but they were making it look easy in the process. If ANYTHING could break their flow & rhythm.. it'd be going 14 days without playing a game.

....all the Jets need to focus on is one thing.. Shootout! The Patriots ARE.. GOING.. TO.. SCORE. -No two ways about it.
If the Jets go into this game, with their #1 priority -- trying to stop NE from putting points on the board.. they will lose. They need to be less concerned with stopping Brady.. and more concerned with answering back every time he does score.

There's a part me that see's the Jets losing this game BIG. Like 28-0, or something like that. But there's this other part of me that thinks, we just might be able to squeak out a 38-34 win.
The game the Jets played in Chicago, was proof that they can play a shootout game. Immulate that to it's full potential, and the Jets can beat the Pats.

Edited by Beezer34, 13 January 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#759 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

I was listening to Boomer and Carton this morning on my way to work. Fireman Ed was in the studio. He got on top of Boomer's shoulders, I think, and did the J-E-T-S chant.

Then I listened to Mike Francesa on my way home from work. It seems he and the Jets have been having some sort of feud. Anyone know what that's all about?

#760 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

I was listening to Boomer and Carton this morning on my way to work. Fireman Ed was in the studio. He got on top of Boomer's shoulders, I think, and did the J-E-T-S chant.

Then I listened to Mike Francesa on my way home from work. It seems he and the Jets have been having some sort of feud. Anyone know what that's all about?

Because Francesa's a f-ing douchebag that has had it in for the Jets since last year. Specifically he got offended that the Jets said they felt they would have won the Colt regular season game last year anyway and he went off on the team, calling Rex a clown. Even before then he didn't like the 'mouthy' Jets (specifically Bart Scott) but that was where it came to a head. And during the playoffs he mocked our 'great field goal' defense when kickers started missing left and right in the playoffs.

Basically ever since that point he hasn't been able to get any Jets on his program for whatever reason, depending on what version of the story you believe - there's been about three different ones (personally I think the Jets just DID decide to boycott him, which I wouldn't blame them for since he's been totally unprofessional towards them and their fans). The reason why it's news now is because he's running a PR campaign to get 'his' side of the story out since the farther the Jets go in the playoffs without him being able to get a Jet guest on the more embarassing it is for the '#1 program' in New York.

Of course he's kept up his Jet bashing since then, and will look for any way to tweak the fanbase possible. When Braylon had his DUI the Jets were classless for playing him, despite the fact nobody else suspends their players for DUI's either, including the Giants. When LT does what he does, he's not violent, he's gotten screwed by the system but god forbid Santonio Holmes has an overblown incident on an airline with an ipod and it's more proof that the Jets are a classless organization.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 January 2011 - 08:58 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users