1787 replies to this topic

#761 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

Because Francesa's a f-ing douchebag that has had it in for the Jets since last year. Specifically he got offended that the Jets said they felt they would have won the Colt regular season game last year anyway and he went off on the team, calling Rex a clown. Even before then he didn't like the 'mouthy' Jets (specifically Bart Scott) but that was where it came to a head. And during the playoffs he mocked our 'great field goal' defense when kickers started missing left and right in the playoffs.

Basically ever since that point he hasn't been able to get any Jets on his program for whatever reason, depending on what version of the story you believe - there's been about three different ones (personally I think the Jets just DID decide to boycott him, which I wouldn't blame them for since he's been totally unprofessional towards them and their fans). The reason why it's news now is because he's running a PR campaign to get 'his' side of the story out since the farther the Jets go in the playoffs without him being able to get a Jet guest on the more embarassing it is for the '#1 program' in New York.

Of course he's kept up his Jet bashing since then, and will look for any way to tweak the fanbase possible. When Braylon had his DUI the Jets were classless for playing him, despite the fact nobody else suspends their players for DUI's either, including the Giants. When LT does what he does, he's not violent, he's gotten screwed by the system but god forbid Santonio Holmes has an overblown incident on an airline with an ipod and it's more proof that the Jets are a classless organization.

What an ass. Thanks for the explanation.

I remember when Fancesa had problems with Michael Strahan and Jeremy Shockey, then with the Giants, a few years ago. They, too, refused to appear on his show.

These are all just more examples of him trying to be a part of the story, rather than just commenting on the story.

#762 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
..and then there were 4.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
..and then there were 3. Who's going to the Superbowl?

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#763 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

in my opinion these r the 3 best teams in the conf. goodluck 2 the jets. but unfortunatley i think there season ends tonight.

#764 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

in my opinion these r the 3 best teams in the conf. goodluck 2 the jets. but unfortunatley i think there season ends tonight.

My confidence in the Jets for this matchup has gone up after that win against Indy. I went from thinking the Jets have a 6% chance of winning all the way to 10% confidence that they will win. :rolleyes:
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#765 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Remember earlier this year when Sal Alosi tripped Nolan Carroll during the Dolphins game?
Everybody freaked out.. Alosi lost his job.. Rex was labeled a; "liar".. and the Jets were fined $100,000.00 by the NFL for (not only the incident) but for publicly claiming the Patriots do the same thing, without any evidence.

Well.................
http://msn.foxsports...us_videocentral
... :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

....so what do we do now?? :noclue:
*Should the Jets fine be lifted? :noclue:
*Should the Patriots be fined? :noclue:
*Should that Patriots player lose his job for the remainder of the year? :noclue:
*Should Belichick be harassed by the media, & field questions for 2 weeks on if; "he knew about it" and\or "instructed players to do it? :noclue:
--------

Or like most things Patriots (and Favre for that matter) should the league just look the other way, and just pretend it goes away? :giggle:

Edited by Beezer34, 16 January 2011 - 02:35 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#766 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

Congrats to the Jets and their fans. Your team earned this.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#767 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,180 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS AWESOME!

#768 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

Not New England.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#769 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

#770 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

This is the game we've all been waiting ten years for as a Jet fan :clap: About time we had our day in the sun against the Pats :)

Congrats to the Jets and their fans. Your team earned this.

Gracias sir.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#771 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

absolutely stunned. how does a 14-2 team favored by 9 points blow a game at home, to a team they beat 45-3 ?
congrats jets fans. from a confused nfl fan.

Edited by SS#4-Life, 16 January 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#772 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

Well the Pats finished 14-3...1-2 against the Jets, 1-3 against the Ryans total :evil:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#773 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

Wow. The Jets must be the luckiest team ... ever. I mean, how else could this have happened?

Any thoughts, ThreeCups?

#774 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

So how about those 1 and done jets threecups? you've got to get another voodoo doll!!!

brilliant effort top to bottom. Start with the oline, sanchez didn't get TOUCHED today. No sacks, not even any qb hits. And we did this without Damien Woody.

The running game wasn't sustained...but it was effective and we ripped off some big ones when we needed to. Love the little sleeping on the football routine by Greene at the end there. I'm sure that got Mike Francesa all hot and bothered.

Sanchez found cotchery underneath when his initial options were covered. jerricho came up huge.

We covered like madmen in the secondary. Brady was pressured and he wasn't comfortable the entire game. Not many clean free runs at him but he was dancing in and around the pocket all night. Looking for those stupid cheap little checkdowns he feasts on. Most of the time they weren't there...and when they were it wasn't a 25 yard chunk.

great job by Holmes on that catch. He's like the Claude Lemieux of football and damn am I glad to have him on the Jets
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#775 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

Love the little sleeping on the football routine by Greene at the end there. I'm sure that got Mike Francesa all hot and bothered.

Hah Greene should have slept on the ball at the one-yard line, that would have ended the game instead of giving the Pats another chance at an onside kick.

Holmes is weird, he'll make a highlight-reel catch then drop an easy one in the next game. But man, if the Steelers knew they'd have to play us in the AFC Championship I don't think they'd have given him to us for a fifth-rounder :lol:

#776 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

Great game by the Jets. I thought NE obviously dug themselves into a gigantic hole with the fake punt fumble, but major credit to the Jets for capitalizing on it and scoring immediately. Going into the break down 7-3 wouldn't have been the worse thing in the world. You can second guess coaches forever and it looked like it could have easily gone for a first but the snap wasn't handled.

The Jets answering the Pats first TD drive was gigantic. NE was starting to get some major mojo and the Jets immediately answered. I really think NE's offensive coordinator got way to cocky on that 4th quarter drive. It was basically like he was sure NE was going to score on that drive so it didn't matter how long it took. But down 10 and you are going to go on a 7 minute drive that ends on the 35? Come on. It seems like Bill didn't like it either because I thought just like Simms on the broadcast that Bill was screaming to throw the damn ball. They basically did the Jets dirty work with all those run plays.

Final thought because it was mentioned on the broadcast. If Greene goes down instead of scoring the game is over there. Instead he gave New England a chance. Got to be smarter than that.

Congrats to all the Jets fans here.

Edited by devilsrule33, 16 January 2011 - 09:17 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#777 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hah Greene should have slept on the ball at the one-yard line, that would have ended the game instead of giving the Pats another chance at an onside kick.

i was thinking the same thing. if ne got the onsides and drove it down for a td they wouldv killed green

#778 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

Great game by the Jets. I thought NE obviously dug themselves into a gigantic hole with the fake punt fumble, but major credit to the Jets for capitalizing on it and scoring immediately. Going into the break down 7-3 wouldn't have been the worse thing in the world. You can second guess coaches forever and it looked like it could have easily gone for a first but the snap wasn't handled.

The Jets answering the Pats first TD drive was gigantic. NE was starting to get some major mojo and the Jets immediately answered. I really think NE's offensive coordinator got way to cocky on that 4th quarter drive. It was basically like he was sure NE was going to score on that drive so it didn't matter how long it took. But down 10 and you are going to go on a 7 minute drive that ends on the 35? Come on. It seems like Bill didn't like it either because I thought just like Simms on the broadcast that Bill was screaming to throw the damn ball. They basically did the Jets dirty work with all those run plays.

Final thought because it was mentioned on the broadcast. If Greene goes down instead of scoring the game is over there. Instead he gave New England a chance. Got to be smarter than that.

Congrats to all the Jets fans here.

the eunning game didt help brady at all. when u throw the ball 45 times for 300 u did your job

#779 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Now that's one huge upset. Even the Seahawks received more pundit-picks than we did today. That Seahawks win over the Saints last week is still bigger, but this one was damn surprising. Somehow, our defense managed to cover everything while still not allowing Brady to wait forever for something to open up. We got revenge on the Pats. Now the Steelers are looking to get revenge on us. The way this defense is starting to roll, they're making even me start to dream.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#780 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

Wow. The Jets must be the luckiest team ... ever. I mean, how else could this have happened?

Any thoughts, ThreeCups?

Maybe the Jets didn't try all season as hard as they could, because to me they were hardly impressive in the regular season. They even looked so-so against Indy. Tonight they played like the team their fans were hyping them up to be all year. For a team that could have easily been watching the playoffs from home (if a couple or so of those late miracle wins go the other way) they are sure backing up Rex' big mouth.` The AFC Championship game is going to be a dogfight

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users