Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Same old Jets.. playing in the AFC Championship back-2-back seasons. :uni:
Posted Image

..no Damien Woody, no Brad Smith, no Jim Leonhard, no problem. B )
They did it again. They proved everybody wrong, and they did it grinning ear to ear. Tonight, winning their 20th road game out of their last 28.. the Jets are going back to Pittsburgh, winner goes to the Superbowl. --I really have to wonder, as I sit here writing this.. were the Patriots ever really in this football game? Because it actually looked (at times) like Belicheat was TRYING to lose the game. Between the fake punt.. to benching Welker.. going for it on 4th & 13 on the 32 yrd line, when you could've tried for a FG.. wasting a challenge on a clear catch from Holmes.. differing the opening coin toss.. you can go on and on. If you're a Pats fan, you can't help but wonder about the lasting duo of BB & Brady in recent years. This is their 3rd straight playoff stinker. :yucky:

Since ringing in the "New Era" of the Jets (post Favre\Mangini) over the past 2 seasons?
*Bill Belichick & Tom Brady: 24 wins. --- *Rex Ryan & Mark Sanchez: 24 wins.

------------------------------------------

-Off topic: hysterical post-game interview with Bart Scott.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM9mbgswhcw&feature=player_embedded

Anyway, here we are again.. the Final Four! The Pittsburgh Steelers -vs- the Cardiac Kids\Gang Green\Road Warriors, take your pick.
I think it'll be another close one, but I really like the Jets here. I'll say 31-28 Jets. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

EDIT: Jets, 1 win away from the Superbowl. Green Bay's 1 win away from the Superbowl. How do you feel right about now, if you're Brett Favre?

Edited by Beezer34, 17 January 2011 - 12:12 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#782 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

I think Sal Pal wet himself

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#783 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

We live to fight another day! BEEEEEEEZZZZ!!!! There we go baby!
Posted Image Posted Image

#784 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

the eunning game didt help brady at all. when u throw the ball 45 times for 300 u did your job

Don't let Brady's respectable numbers fool you. The Jets did a terrific job on him, and he jacked up his numbers big-time with that last desperation drive. Sanchez may have only threw for 196 yards, but he was the better QB yesterday, even with some errant throws. And the Pats' running game wasn't that bad...they did come up with 113 yards on the ground. Yards gained aren't always a great indicator of how well a defense played...the Pats had a total of 372 yards, but the Jets' D did a much better job than that total might indicate.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#785 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

I just hope the Jets don't take Pitt lightly.. That's a tough building to play in, and as the Jets showed with New England, a regular season win means nothing in the playoffs..

Destroy the West Pennsylvania Squealers!!!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#786 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

I just hope the Jets don't take Pitt lightly.

I think there's very little chance of that. As to whether the Jets execute better than Pittsburgh, we'll have to see.

#787 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

Same old Jets.. playing in the AFC Championship back-2-back seasons. :uni:
Posted Image

even if u won the afc title game last year u woulnt have beat n.o. they were good enough to beat indy. they would have beaten u

#788 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

EDIT: Jets, 1 win away from the Superbowl. Green Bay's 1 win away from the Superbowl. How do you feel right about now, if you're Brett Favre?

Same old Farve, holding his retirement paperwork for just the right moment...
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#789 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

even if u won the afc title game last year u woulnt have beat n.o. they were good enough to beat indy. they would have beaten u

..that means nothing! The point is consistency.
Progression, for a team that has only been at this point 3 other times (1969, 1983, 1999) in their franchise's history.... and now, to be able to go back again for a 2nd straight year? :noclue: Win or lose this Sunday, NOTHING can discredit that kind of success through 2 consecutive seasons, with a 2nd year head coach and a 2nd year quarterback combination. Look what it is you're saying for Christ's sake!! The "Jets" & "Superbowl" in the same sentence, 2 years in-a-row!? Lofty standards for a squad with 45 players on the roster, under the age of 29!

The future's blindingly bright for this organization. -End of rant!

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#790 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

What makes you say that? ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, any team can beat any team. Our first meeting vs the Steelers means absolutely NOTHING, it's a new game, and we have to be better than the other team on that given day.

#791 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Jets having same magical run through the playoffs as the Giants did. underdogs all the way through, beating everyone they're not supposed to. playing tough good defense football. Good luck today Jets fans its a good feeling to watch your team win like this isnt it? Its been a long time 40+ years, so you all deserve it. I hope they pull through! J! E! T! S! JETS JETS JETS!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#792 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

I am beyond excited and nervous for the Jets game today. Totally believe they can win!
Going to Devs game then leaving early to watch Jets. Devs have to share the day today :)
I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#793 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

Lets do this! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#794 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,423 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

I am beyond excited and nervous for the Jets game today. Totally believe they can win!
Going to Devs game then leaving early to watch Jets. Devs have to share the day today :)

Hah, I did likewise. Had to leave during the second intermission to catch the early train back but I got a good enough appetizer...now it's time for the main course! :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#795 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Big first drive by Pitt. Kept the Jets D out there forever.

But at least the Steelers got banged up some.

#796 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,423 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

Wow, the Devils looked like they had more heart and desire in a meaningless game than the Jets' D showed on that first series. When you have like five guys that can tackle Mendenhall five yards in the backfield, he gets away, some backup RB runs over Pouha and Big Ben runs for ten on half a leg that's a bad sign :rolleyes:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#797 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

Mendenhall's killing them right now (early 2nd quarter).

#798 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,423 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

The Steelers want it more and there's no excuse for that considering we're the team looking for our first title in two generations, they're socking our D in the mouth big time. You didn't win the Super Bowl by beating the Patriots, boys :rant:

#799 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,423 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

lol at the officials screwing the Steelers out of a quick huddle play with a pointless measurement. Thank god they decided to keep it out of Mendenhall's hands on third and fourth and one :P

#800 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

ugh, jets look like garbage

Steelers are going to the super bowl. congrats...jets are total crap. steelers dominating
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users