1787 replies to this topic

#821 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

In all seriousness, I feel for you die-hard Jets fans. I'd consider myself more of a casual fan but this loss still bothers the hell out of me. I can only imagine how this hurts the die hards out there.

Edited by nmigliore, 23 January 2011 - 10:00 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#822 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

A game like this really shakes your faith and belief in things...I mean hasn't pittsburgh won enough already?

ugh...they made a game of it. They needed a stop to get the ball back and they didn't come through. They let the rapist worm through and run all day when we had coverage, the refs were totally in pittsburgh's pocket(did pittsburgh have any holding penalties?), and the jets gave a good effort at the end (it's a 2 half game folks) but it was too little too late. I don't know, maybe if we were playing a team that wasn't the NFL's darling it would've been different, but this was not our game. You can't play 1 half and win.

:( :(

Sour grapes? The Jets came up short on the road against a good Steelers squad....."Refs in Pittsburgh's pocket"????

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#823 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

and I still think that "fumble" was an incomplete pass. Sanchez arm was going forward!!!

Ball went backwards.... by rule it's a backwards pass and a live ball.... it's irrelevant if they called it a pass or not at that point
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#824 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

I know Jets fans might not want to hear it right now. But you guys have a good team.

#825 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

and I still think that "fumble" was an incomplete pass. Sanchez arm was going forward!!!

They shouldn't have even been throwing there to begin with. 3rd and 17 way deep in your own territory, get out of dodge and don't make a bad situation worse. As it turned out those seven points made the difference.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 January 2011 - 10:09 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#826 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

yea...just watched the replay it did look like a backwards pass

I'm still ticked off at the officiating though. I mean were the steelers perfect angels...I don't think so. They manage to call backbreaking penalty after backbreaking penalty. but all the drag downs and illegal hands to the face on the steelers o-line goes unpunished.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#827 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

I know Jets fans might not want to hear it right now. But you guys have a good team.

agree. even if u dont like them, u cant deny the talent. they r very close. maybe 1 passrusher away from being a champinoship team

#828 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

If they keep the same team then yeah you could say we're one pass rusher away but there are so many questions right now - Holmes, Edwards, Cromartie and Harris are all UFA, among others and the cap could be back next year under a new labor agreement. Maybe we should be in the market for a new OC after some of those idiotic playcalls today too.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#829 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

In all seriousness, I feel for you die-hard Jets fans. I'd consider myself more of a casual fan but this loss still bothers the hell out of me. I can only imagine how this hurts the die hards out there.

Yes. It hurts.

#830 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

yea...just watched the replay it did look like a backwards pass

I'm still ticked off at the officiating though. I mean were the steelers perfect angels...I don't think so. They manage to call backbreaking penalty after backbreaking penalty. but all the drag downs and illegal hands to the face on the steelers o-line goes unpunished.

At first, I thought it was an inc pass, but after the replay sadly, it wasn't. While there were tons of missed holding calls on them, and a sh!tty pass interference call and a sh!t running into the kicker call, you really can't blame this on the refs. The defense and sh!tenheimer fvcked us tonight. As well as our O-line. I won't go into detail, but this loss hurts. This team is basically my life. I feel like I've been shot. It will be a bitch waking up for classes tomorrow.
Posted Image Posted Image

#831 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

.gif"]My link

Edited by MadDog2020, 24 January 2011 - 01:02 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#832 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

Winning four road games in two playoff seasons is no small feat. And the Jets have pulled it off against worthy opponents, so they get plenty of credit there.

But one of these years, the Jets are going to have to stop travelling down the road of most resistance, and find a way to get themselves a bye week and at least one home game. That crowd will be as loud as it gets.

Big Ben didn't have the best numbers last night, but found a way to get it done when it mattered, and that's all that counts. Tom Brady used to do that, find a way to get it done without pretty numbers, but in recent years he's become more like Peyton Manning...big, pretty regular season numbers, but not much in the big games (especially playoff time), and instead of being calm and cool in tough spots, a lot more yelling at teammates and becoming flustered when things aren't going his way. Tom's still a hell of a player, one of the best to ever play the position, would never say otherwise, but watching Ben just made me realize how Brady's gotten way from the just-get-it-done gritster he once was. I miss the guy that wore his cap backwards at press conferences, and didn't have his wife picking his outfits for him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 24 January 2011 - 08:53 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#833 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

Kudo's to the Jets. Two years in a row your a game out of the Super Bowl with a lot of positives.

Sanchez is the real deal. Your offensive line is great, WR's are great, but your running game is below average and cost you the Super Bowl. Draft some young studs here share the load and acquire a younger FB.

The defense is strong and just needs one pass rusher to make the difference.

Your coaching is strong.

The pieces are here. Based on Tannenbaum's drafting (aside from Mangenius insistence of Vernon G.) the Jets will make another run next year.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#834 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers. They wanted it more.. and they got it. --Also.. much love to all the classy non-Jet fans giving their praise\condolences to the Jets (not only on this board) but a number of football forums across America. Your words remain meaningful, despite the anguish.
Granted, this football team is going to be good for a number of years to come... but last nights punch in the stomach, isn't going to go away anytime soon. Last night was about as tough as it gets. It actually felt like a loved one passed away. From rap songs, to hardknocks, and everything in-between.. I fell head over heels in love with this team over the last 2 years, and genuinely believed (at the very least) that they were Superbowl worthy in representing their Conference. As a diehard fan, 2 back-to-back missed opportunities like this, disgust you more than words can say. Perhaps in the weeks to come, there will be ample time to reflect on what was undoubtedly a wonderful season. Unfortunately now is not that time. Now is the time to lament. Now is the time to mourn. Now it the time to say; (like every season since 1968) "there's always next year" ..and wait with great patience, and regret.

These last 5 playoffs losses (1999, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2011) especially the 3 AFC Championship failures.. I put them right at the top of my list of 'heartbreak' as a fan of the Devils, Jets, & Yankees. As tough as the '88, '94, & '01 seasons were to swallow for the Devils.. (likewise '01, '03, '04 for the Yanks) ..I was fortunate enough to see ultimate triumph, a total of 8x between the 2 franchises in my life.. which is more than alot of other fans can say. For THAT, I am truly thankful.

..as far as my Jets go? The *Long & Suffering tag, will continue to be worn like a fvcking badge of honor. Posted Image

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#835 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

This sucks.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#836 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:24 AM

I just hope the Jets don't take Pitt lightly.

I don't think the Jets took 'em lightly, but there seemed to be some kind of letdown in the first half.

#837 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

jets nation. turn that frown upsidedown
BREAKING NEWS: T.O. and Ochocinco want to play for the Jets next season.

#838 этотсайтебут

этотсайтебут

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

jets nation. turn that frown upsidedown
BREAKING NEWS: T.O. and Ochocinco want to play for the Jets next season.

Ochocinco yes, but TO?? F that. The Jets should stay as far away as possible from TO.

#839 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

Jets are looking like they will undergo a mini makeover before next season. Lots of question marks looming....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#840 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

Jets are looking like they will undergo a mini makeover before next season. Lots of question marks looming....

i was thinking the same thing. i heard on fat mike say the jets have 20 ufas including tomlinson!? if thats true itll be mission impossible forthem to resign everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users