#941 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Jets looked good last, granted it was the Bungles
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#942 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

Jets looked good last, granted it was the Bungles

Kyle Wilson & Joey McKnight.
Man.. what a difference a year makes for these two guys. They both look like different players. Cumberland is also a nice surprise.. as is Maybin & Kerley. I have a funny feeling we haven't seen entirely what the Jets have in store for these guys. They have shown alot of ability, with very little spotlight on them. It's possible the Jets are keeping their plans under wraps for these players, and wait till there's a big game to cash them in and turn them loose. They've been flying under the rader as of these last 2 games.

Ducasse is an absolute disgrace. (as is the depth on the o'line for that matter)
The Jets have allowed 10 sacks over the last two games. :yucky: If this keeps up, we may want to place a call to Shaun O'Hara. I can see us picking him up cheap, if he wants to stay in the New York area.

-----------
EDIT: I know it's just 1 game.. but the biggest steal of this season may be Plaxico. :whistling:

Edited by Beezer34, 22 August 2011 - 02:51 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#943 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Great win. I don't think they played all that well; the Cowboys kind of shot themselves in the foot -- the redzone fumble, the penalties, not blocking McKnight on the punt, the Revis INT -- but the Jets did a great job capitalizing on those mistakes and Sanchez was at least solid despite his indecisiveness at times.

Edited by nmigliore, 11 September 2011 - 11:19 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#944 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

O Line looks terrible, Sanchez needs to make better decisions (heard that one before), defense struggles against mobile quarterback.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#945 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

O Line looks terrible, Sanchez needs to make better decisions (heard that one before), defense struggles against mobile quarterback.

we don't have edge speed on the defense, and while our linebackers are tremendous run stuffers, these shifty qb's give them fits when they break containment.

luckily for us, we only play 1 really mobile QB the rest of the season. Vick.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#946 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

..interesting stat WFAN just mentioned from last night.
The Jets defense held the Cowboys to just 3 third down conversions, out of 12 attempts throughout the entire game.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#947 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

Great win. I don't think they played all that well; the Cowboys kind of shot themselves in the foot -- the redzone fumble, the penalties, not blocking McKnight on the punt, the Revis INT -- but the Jets did a great job capitalizing on those mistakes and Sanchez was at least solid despite his indecisiveness at times.

What really stuck out to me with that game...in so many past Jet seasons, everything that happened to the Cowboys (the late-game faux pas, etc.) would've happened to the Jets. The Jets really have left their past behind. Big big BIG win for them, even if it was only Week 1.

And Romo really does suck. He puts up respectable numbers, but I hate guys who crumple during crunch time...as Romo does. Sanchez has at least shown the ability to raise his game when needed (especailly come playoff time).
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#948 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

say what you want about the sanchize, but the guy knows how to finish out games. Thats very settling

#949 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Wow..
..got a text from a buddy of mine, and just confirmed it. (and I can't believe I missed this)

Between the span of today, and November 6th (Week 9).. the Jets play a total of only 2 home games?!
Now how the flying fvck does that word?! :angry:

Edited by Beezer34, 20 September 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#950 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

Wow..
..got a text from a buddy of mine, and just confirmed it. (and I can't believe I missed this)

Between the span of today, and November 6th (Week 9).. the Jets play a total of only 2 home games?!

See you in Baltimore in two weeks! :)
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#951 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Wow..

First off, your team has a bye week in that span. They also played their first two games at home.

Jets' sched:

2 home games (done), 3 road games, 2 more home games, then bye week, then away-home-away-home-away-home-away-home-away.

So basically the Jets over the next seven weeks have four away games, two home games and their bye week. Pats have a similar four-out-of-six on the road stretch from Nov 13 to Dec 18, and that's after their bye week. Ravens also have a four-out-of-six on the road later in the season, with no bye, and the Bills have a four-out-of-five span on the road (again, no bye), and those are the only three teams I bothered to look up. It's not like the schedule-makers screwed the Jets.

I'll give you that having three straight road games sucks a little, but the Jets have been a great road team the past two seasons, and least it's happening early in the season.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 20 September 2011 - 04:20 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#952 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

Well the start of this game has been ridiculously crazy.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#953 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

Can ANYONE bring down the fvcking QB?! Seriously, what the hell. We've had Flacco dead to rights at least 2 or 3 times already only to let him finagle out of a sack.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#954 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

Can ANYONE bring down the fvcking QB?! Seriously, what the hell. We've had Flacco dead to rights at least 2 or 3 times already only to let him finagle out of a sack.

I know, it's really pissing me off. It's looks like guys are printing in, trying to lay a super hit, then Flacco can just step away from it and keep playing.

#955 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

This guy Baxter can't pass block. It's kind of sad to see a guy work so hard, get his chance, and then it doesn't work out. But this Jets team can't beat anybody with the offensive linemen that are in there tonight, let alone the Ravens D.

#956 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

Sanchez is getting destroyed as a result of the offensive line getting ass raped right now.

I miss Nick Mangold. :(

Edit: Haha, Flacco just gave David Harris a gift INT TD. Thanks Joe! I would say that's a nice spark but I'm not sure it's going to help the o-line do any better.

Edited by nmigliore, 02 October 2011 - 09:04 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#957 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

Can Sanchez ****ing get rid of the ball after five steps? He's getting Ken O'Brien disease (stay in the pocket, hold the ball too long and get killed)
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#958 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

..upper management (starting with Tannenbaum) gets the failing grade for this season. Not even close!
They believed in the carpenter, (Ryan) -vs- the tools. They took the personnel off a defense that brought them to two AFC title games.. and dismantled it. They let 10 UFA's on defense walk (5 of which off the front seven) and made the conscious decision to supplement ALL the losses, with Tom Dick & Harry from the draft.. never once thinking about putting their hand in their pocket for anyone. (other than Nnamdi) They seemingly had no Plan B, and now they're paying for it.

Simply put.. they gambled, and they lost.

-------------
EDIT: I wonder after getting utterly exposed over these last 2 weeks.. if Mike, Rex, & Woody, now look back at this offseason, and lament the losses of Ellis.. or Pryce.. or Coleman.. or Ihedigbo.. or Taylor? (who has as many sacks this season, as our beloved Muhammad Wilkerson) Or if they still sit there, defiantly pleased with their decisions.. plugging Jamaal Westerman.. Kenrick Ellis.. Marcus Dixon.. Josh Mauga.. and everyone else down our fvcking throat??

Edited by Beezer34, 02 October 2011 - 10:39 PM.

#959 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

The Jets have a few problems now, including some doubt whether Shonn Greene can ever be the featured back.

#960 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

..upper management (starting with Tannenbaum) gets the failing grade for this season. Not even close!
They believed in the carpenter, (Ryan) -vs- the tools. They took the personnel off a defense that brought them to two AFC title games.. and dismantled it. They let 10 UFA's on defense walk (5 of which off the front seven) and made the conscious decision to supplement ALL the losses, with Tom Dick & Harry from the draft.. never once thinking about putting their hand in their pocket for anyone. (other than Nnamdi) They seemingly had no Plan B, and now they're paying for it.

Simply put.. they gambled, and they lost.

-------------
EDIT: I wonder after getting utterly exposed over these last 2 weeks.. if Mike, Rex, & Woody, now look back at this offseason, and lament the losses of Ellis.. or Pryce.. or Coleman.. or Ihedigbo.. or Taylor? (who has as many sacks this season, as our beloved Muhammad Wilkerson) Or if they still sit there, defiantly pleased with their decisions.. plugging Jamaal Westerman.. Kenrick Ellis.. Marcus Dixon.. Josh Mauga.. and everyone else down our fvcking throat??

Agree. Your offensive line used to be great with Fanaca leading the young guys, but the Jets seems to have gone the
"penny wise " route.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users