1787 replies to this topic

#961 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

Bryan Thomas done for the season.... with a torn Achilles of all things too.

Ugh.

When it rains, it pours.

Edited by nmigliore, 03 October 2011 - 04:17 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#962 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

And it didn't even look like that bad of an injury, initially his return was questionable

I don't know if they can keep Sanchez upright all year. I've never seen the Jets this porous in pass AND run blocking since the mid 90's. I mean literally every blitzer coming off the edge gets to our QB in 2 seconds.

8-8 is looking pretty likely right about now

Edited by '7', 03 October 2011 - 06:19 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#963 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

And it didn't even look like that bad of an injury, initially his return was questionable

I don't know if they can keep Sanchez upright all year. I've never seen the Jets this porous in pass AND run blocking since the mid 90's. I mean literally every blitzer coming off the edge gets to our QB in 2 seconds.

8-8 is looking pretty likely right about now

I thought 8-8 was pretty realistic. Sanchez is more of a scapegoat because of management's poor decision of not getting depth on the line to protect the more expensive players. The offense is more "grounded and pounded" by opposition Defenses.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#964 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

Predictions Jets fans for this weekend?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#965 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

I watch an exciting Devils win Saturday, go play baseball at 4 on Sunday, and avoid any news of our game for as long as possible. :whistling:
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#966 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

This game will be close...27-21, something along those lines. But I have absolutely no feel for it. I don't think the Jets will embarrass themselves again like the Ravens debacle...but NE's O is just on another level.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#967 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

but NE's O is just on another level.

Unfortunately, so is NE's defense (in a horrific way). This team reminds me of the 2000 St. Louis Rams (540 PF, 471 PA)...they went 10-6. I could see the Pats winding up with similar PF-PA numbers.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#968 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

31-27 Patriots..
..thus, the Jets will abandon their; "STRICTLY IN-HOUSE.. We don't put our hand in out pocket anymore" mentality, and go out and promptly sign Crumpler, O'Hara, Green, Banta-Cain, Sharper, and everyone and anyone they can (in militant panic mode) when they finally realize.. *A. Their "in-house gambling" has been a two of a kind bluff from the beginning.. and *B. THEY'RE NEARLY 9 MILLION UNDER THE FVCKING CAP!!

Ultimately, it will be too little too late.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#969 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

31-27 Patriots..
..thus, the Jets will abandon their; "STRICTLY IN-HOUSE.. We don't put our hand in out pocket anymore" mentality, and go out and promptly sign Crumpler, O'Hara, Green, Banta-Cain, Sharper, and everyone and anyone they can (in militant panic mode) when they finally realize.. *A. Their "in-house gambling" has been a two of a kind bluff from the beginning.. and *B. THEY'RE NEARLY 9 MILLION UNDER THE FVCKING CAP!!

Ultimately, it will be too little too late.

I actually think it will be a lowing scoring game: Jets 17-13
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#970 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

Since when are the Jets nine million under the cap? And there's a reason all those guys are on the street in Week 5 of the season and not with someone else's team by now.

I thought they should have addressed the o-line more in the draft, since there weren't a lot of answers there in FA but our last OL draft pick hasn't exactly worked out too well so...and I can't understand why Wayne Hunter's been so useless this year when last year he was lauded for his work filling in late in the season and during the playoffs. Maybe he got out of shape during the lockout?

They chose to address the d-line in the draft and get younger there...really it's not as if any of the guys the Jets let go on D are doing all that great elsewhere. You can't keep everyone forever in a cap world, and especially older players.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#971 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,409 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

Don't worry Jet fans- even if you lose this week, you have an easy win on the schedule for next week. Suck for Luck baby!!! :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#972 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

I thought they should have addressed the o-line more in the draft, since there weren't a lot of answers there in FA but our last OL draft pick hasn't exactly worked out too well so...and I can't understand why Wayne Hunter's been so useless this year when last year he was lauded for his work filling in late in the season and during the playoffs. Maybe he got out of shape during the lockout?

They chose to address the d-line in the draft and get younger there...really it's not as if any of the guys the Jets let go on D are doing all that great elsewhere. You can't keep everyone forever in a cap world, and especially older players.

Speaking from experience, the Jets Offense is a team that has lost their identity and just made some bad decisions this off-season.

When you had Richardson, Fanica, and TJ along with a great young corps on the line in Mangold and Ferguson you guys were intimadating.

Your line hasn't been as good since, even though you have a great O-Line coach in Callahan. The drafting has been as good on either line of scrimage.

Not having a real preseason with a whole new receiving corps doesn't help either.

I feel sorry for Sanchez as he is being scapegoated for this.

Edited by MantaRay, 08 October 2011 - 02:41 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#973 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Since when are the Jets nine million under the cap?

Since July 22nd, Has..
http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream/status/121274377445715968

http://profootballta...monday/related/

..and the point I was making was less about signing guys like Banta-Cain, and more about acting too little, too late.

Whether it was making a move to draft higher, signing some of the free agents that were available at the time, (both outside and in-house) or a delve into a trade.. the point is; NOTHING was done to supplement! Absolutely nothing!

You cannot lose Ellis, Pryce, Taylor, Jenkins, and now, Thomas, off the front seven and continue to promote from within. It doesn't work that way.
The Brashton Satele gamble, absolutely blew up in their face this season. In 8 games played last year, Josh Mauga did nothing! (and is picking up, right where he left off) For 2 years, Dixon has shown nothing. Westerman has been here for 3 years, and has done little. (and although Jet nation now believes that Aaron Maybin is the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor.. he's not the answer either)

If these players were capable, they would've shown it by now. Instead, upper management got penny wise, and dollar foolish.. trying to spin-sell to the consumer that; "these players are the answers" hoping the opposing team buys into the bull$hit aswell.

When you had Richardson, Fanica, and TJ along with a great young corps on the line in Mangold and Ferguson you guys were intimadating.

..dead on!
Again, not to beat a dead-horse.. the Jets gambled.. and the Jets lost.

The Connor > Richardson decision was a step back. The Mason > Cotchery decision was a step back. The Plaxico > Braylon.. the Conley > Weatherford.. Mulligan > Hartsock.. Cook > Ihedigbo.. you can go on and on.

The Jets got cheap this year.. the fans pay for it.

Edited by Beezer34, 08 October 2011 - 04:01 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#974 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

Since July 22nd, Has..
http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream/status/121274377445715968

http://profootballta...monday/related/

A) July 22 was before FA iirc, and I don't ever believe everything I read about the cap anyway. Supposedly we had zero cap room coming into the offeason and managed to re-sign Santonio, Cromartie and go after Asomugha as well as give Harris a long-term deal.
B) The Jets always get accused of being cheap and they always spend at or close to the cap. They didn't get cheaper as much as they got younger (except at WR, which is mercenary central). Which eventually you have to do in the NFL, there's no getting around it. Again, it's not as if a lot of the guys the Jets let go are doing great elsewhere or even playing. You need good talent evaluation to eventually replace people, and this offseason Tanny didn't hit on a lot of his choices.
C) You have to maintain a little cap flexibility since every contract seems to escalate year-by-year. The Jets may be $8-9 million under now but that could change next year just by keeping the same roster.

And as far as today's game, Schotty's gotta go once and for all. If you can't do any better than one lousy TD drive (non-aided by a McKnight return) in the first three plus quarters against the worst defense in football, that's an embarassment. Not to mention it's a pretty mean feat when you have all three receivers mutinying against you, though Santonio's been a grumpy **** and underachieved ever since getting the big money in general. It's a lot different when you have a malcontent signed long-term than it is when he and Braylon were on one-year deals last year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 October 2011 - 06:05 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#975 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

Don't worry Jet fans- even if you lose this week, you have an easy win on the schedule for next week. Suck for Luck baby!!! :P

don't believe that for 1 second...dolphins coming off a bye, nothing to lose, no pressure on them this season...all the pressure on the jets in front of an angry home crowd.

#976 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

don't believe that for 1 second...dolphins coming off a bye, nothing to lose, no pressure on them this season...all the pressure on the jets in front of an angry home crowd.

I think the Jets will do to the Dolphins what they did to Jacksonville. I can't see how the Dolphins can possibly win that game, even with nothing to lose and coming off a bye.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#977 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,409 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, with Matt Moore at QB. I expect the Jets to do to Moore what they did to Luke McCown. If they don't, you guys are a hell of a lot sorrier than even I thought.

#978 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,409 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

I think the Jets will do to the Dolphins what they did to Jacksonville. I can't see how the Dolphins can possibly win that game, even with nothing to lose and coming off a bye.

Haha, I read this after I just posted almost the same thing. This game is a win-win for me- if the Fins do win the game somehow, I get the satisfaction of an unexpected victory over the hated Jets. If the Fins lose, we're that much closer to the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. No way I can be disappointed.

#979 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

Haha, I read this after I just posted almost the same thing. This game is a win-win for me- if the Fins do win the game somehow, I get the satisfaction of an unexpected victory over the hated Jets. If the Fins lose, we're that much closer to the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. No way I can be disappointed.

Yeah but you know somehow we're gonna screw this up. Either we'll end up with the #2 pick or we'll end up with #1 and take some crazy LB who's third cousin is friends with a Phin scout. I'm on board with the whole Suck for Luck thing...but I just don't see us being that fortunate.

And to bring this back on topic...the Monday game is gonna go 1 of 2 ways, either it'll be a close loss by the Jets as the Phins manage to scrape together a FG for the win...or once the score hits 56 Jets, 3 Phins, even Rex starts feeling bad for the Phins and lets them get a couple of mercy touchdowns in the 4th.

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#980 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,409 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

Yeah but you know somehow we're gonna screw this up. Either we'll end up with the #2 pick or we'll end up with #1 and take some crazy LB who's third cousin is friends with a Phin scout. I'm on board with the whole Suck for Luck thing...but I just don't see us being that fortunate.

And to bring this back on topic...the Monday game is gonna go 1 of 2 ways, either it'll be a close loss by the Jets as the Phins manage to scrape together a FG for the win...or once the score hits 56 Jets, 3 Phins, even Rex starts feeling bad for the Phins and lets them get a couple of mercy touchdowns in the 4th.

Not worried about it. If we have the #1 pick, we'll take Luck. It won't matter who's in charge, that's just common sense. I'm more worried that we'll fvck it up by winning meaningless games. I've had enough, I want Luck- I don't care if we have to go 0-16. Fine by me. I'll be laughing in 5 years. So if the Jets win Monday night, its most likely in our long-term best interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users