1787 replies to this topic

#1281 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Wayne Hunter is finally out as the starting RT. Austin Howard will replace him.

I'd still expect a new RT by Week 1.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1282 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Wayne Hunter is finally out as the starting RT. Austin Howard will replace him.

I'd still expect a new RT by Week 1.

I don't know what happened to Tannenbaum. He's screwin' the pooch. Everyone and their brother knew Wayne Hunter was terrible after last season.

#1283 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

I don't know what happened to Tannenbaum. He's screwin' the pooch. Everyone and their brother knew Wayne Hunter was terrible after last season.

This. We all knew that Hunter was not good, and aside from that attempt to land the busted-up Carolina Panthers lineman, the problem was ignored. How can a GM do that when his team expects to contend?
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#1284 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Wow, I feel bad for Sanchez. If there has ever been a good QB just set up for failure it is him.

The Jets WR's just plain suck. Holmes is at best a third receiver and Hill has no courage or hands. Now Keller is hurt.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1285 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Wow, I feel bad for Sanchez. If there has ever been a good QB just set up for failure it is him.

The Jets WR's just plain suck. Holmes is at best a third receiver and Hill has no courage or hands. Now Keller is hurt.

that's a tad presumptuous. Holmes has caught as many as 79 in a season before....3 receivers usually catch 30-40. Hill had one deflect off his hands but he's also had some nice receptions...also he's a rookie. Also...IT'S PRE SEASON. And Kellers injury didn't look all that bad

Edited by '7', 26 August 2012 - 08:50 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1286 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

The most positive development from this game has been Austin Howard. He's looked fantastic out there.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1287 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

The most positive development from this game has been Austin Howard. He's looked fantastic out there.

Agreed. Coples has been awesome too

#1288 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

People may laugh at what I'm about to say, but this offense is beginning to click. Tonight's game was night and day from the first 2, even with not scoring a TD. The pass protection was the best it's ever been.. the touchdowns will come. Lou Piniella had a great quote I always reference; "Statistics are like bikinis. They show alot.. but not everything." --that was Sanchez tonight. He finished the game 11/18, with 1 pick, and 120 yrds.. but he should've been 16/18.. 1 TD, and zero interceptions. As a quarterback, I think he himself looks much better than he's ever looked. I honestly feel more confident about the offense after today.
Meanwhile.. any hope of a "controversy" from the Tebow faithful, has taken an utter beating throughout these last 3 games. Tebow's completed 13 passes on nearly 40 attempts this preseason. :unsure: He is so bad as a passer, he makes Caleb Hanie look like the second coming of Peyton Manning. I have never seen a QB in my life be this inaccurate. And yet, somehow (after having said all of that) the dude's got nearly 90 yrds on 11 carries. It's truly mind-numbing, in every sense of the word. I don't know if Tim Tebow the quarterback has any place on a football team in the NFL. (let alone the team I root for) However, what I do know, is that Tim Tebow the FOOTBALL PLAYER makes the Jets a better team. Whether it's as a RB, TE, WR, utility player, whatever.. he brings delirium to opposing teams defenses. Depending on how he's deployed, he could have a 1,000 yrd rushing season with the Jets.

Other things worth mentioning from these last 3 games..
*Coples; 3 games.. 3 sacks.. 2 forced fumbles. We got ourselves a winner here gentlemen.. and the sky's the limit.
*Greene; 100 yrds on 29 carries. He will benefit the most from Tony Sparano.
*Hill; The kid needs to have better hands. No excuse(s) of "rookie year" either.
*Landry; wow.. just wow.
*Holmes; It's a real shame upper management chose him over Braylon.

..absolutely. @ 6 ft 7, 330 lbs.. his upside could be huge.

Edited by Beezer34, 26 August 2012 - 11:34 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1289 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

I can't see how he has been on the bench. He looked fantastic.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1290 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

The Jets are going to acquire Jason Smith and supposedly Wayne Hunter is in the deal.

I can't hate it but he's been a massive bust for the Rams; I'd keep with Howard as the starter.

Edited by nmigliore, 27 August 2012 - 08:54 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1291 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

good trade for the Jets. Swapping backups, but Smith has more upside (though he is due more money)
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1292 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

He got double-team help. But he was certainly better than Hunter.

#1293 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

kinda surprised that the jets havnt brought in either cooley owens ocho or someone to help there struggling offense yet

#1294 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

kinda surprised that the jets havnt brought in either cooley owens ocho or someone to help there struggling offense yet

ocho? seriously? he headbutted his wife

Owens...meh. Doesn't seem like the troublemaker he used to be but I would want Gaffney instead

Cooley doesn't seem to want to play for anybody else but the Deadskins

#1295 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

The Jets have 6 million still left in salary cap space.. and I think the plan is to use it AFTER roster cuts.
By Friday teams have to drop from 80 players to 53. Why not wait until your divisional opponents shed some talent, and kill 2 birds with 1 stone? Sign a player to fill a need, and pump them for intel in the process. Take the Pats for example.. they are absolutely loaded with offensive talent, and they need to cut nearly 30 players in less than 48 hours. I thought it was glutinous of them to sign both Shiancoe & Ballard with Hernandez & Gronkowski already locked up. But with Fells playing as good as he's been played, odds are Shiancoe will be looking for a job come Friday. Fasano might be looking for a job come Friday!! In fact.. if Monday morning comes around and Shiancoe & Woodhead are both Jets, I would not be surprised in the least.

After going through OTA's, playbooks, practices, and 4 preseason games.. that's alot of information to leak to another team no?

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1296 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

The Jets have 6 million still left in salary cap space.. and I think the plan is to use it AFTER roster cuts.
By Friday teams have to drop from 80 players to 53. Why not wait until your divisional opponents shed some talent, and kill 2 birds with 1 stone? Sign a player to fill a need, and pump them for intel in the process. Take the Pats for example.. they are absolutely loaded with offensive talent, and they need to cut nearly 30 players in less than 48 hours. I thought it was glutinous of them to sign both Shiancoe & Ballard with Hernandez & Gronkowski already locked up. But with Fells playing as good as he's been played, odds are Shiancoe will be looking for a job come Friday. Fasano might be looking for a job come Friday!! In fact.. if Monday morning comes around and Shiancoe & Woodhead are both Jets, I would not be surprised in the least.

After going through OTA's, playbooks, practices, and 4 preseason games.. that's alot of information to leak to another team no?

Fasano would be a PERFECT fit for the Jets. Big tight end with soft hands and a tremendous blocker

#1297 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

13 quarters.. ZERO touchdowns!

#1298 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

13 quarters.. ZERO touchdowns!

Ha, I'm just happy Coples is continuing to look like a beast

One day we'll look back at this pre season touchdown drought and laugh

#1299 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

It's with the backups but... Touchdown Jets! Finally!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1300 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!
The season is saved!! Look out New England!!!
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users