#1341 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

your a jets fan manta?

No offense, but I thought everyone on these pages were quite familiar with my NFL affiliation.

I am not a Jet fan, I am a football fan. But I had Jet season tickets for about 10 years prior to the PSL scam.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1342 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

I doubt the Jets have a serious way to make up for playing without Revis. Does any player who doesn't throw the ball matter more to his team than Revis?

Bingo!

I think that's what's to be learned here thoughout all of this. (the importance of Revis to this football team) Many people want to bring up the fact that the Bills layed 28 points on us in Week 1, but let's remember.. 2 of Buffalo's TD's came with 6 minutes left in the game! Darrelle got injured with 7 minutes and change left in the 4th quarter, and at that point, the Bills had only scored 2 TD's.
Thus-far this season; in 3½ quarters with Revis, the defense surrendered 14 points. In 4½ quarters without Revis.. 41 points!

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1343 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

http://m.nydailynews...1.1164330#bmb=1

..great read in the Daily News today. Sparano basically admitting that he still hasn't learned how\when to use Tim Tebow yet.
I'm not really surprised at this, or mad either to be honest. I figured the whole Tebow\Wildcat thing would be a work-in-progress. I just hope they've mastered it by November.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1344 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

The whole Wildcat thing is a farce. Bad teams resort to this when nothing else works.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1345 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

The whole Wildcat thing is a farce. Bad teams resort to this when nothing else works.

The Jets used to with plenty of success in 09 and 10 with Brad Smith. It's not bad when you catch a defense off guard.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1346 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

The Jets used to with plenty of success in 09 and 10 with Brad Smith. It's not bad when you catch a defense off guard.

Off guard, implies that the defenses have not prepared for it.

The Jets are very much like Miami, Teams will prepare for it and it will fail to have any impact 9 out of 10 times it used.

I would hardly call the Brad Smith Wildcat Jets anything approaching "success" .
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1347 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Off guard, implies that the defenses have not prepared for it.

The Jets are very much like Miami, Teams will prepare for it and it will fail to have any impact 9 out of 10 times it used.

I would hardly call the Brad Smith Wildcat Jets anything approaching "success" .

The team or the wildcat package? Because both were quite successful. Smith would rip off 20-30 yard runs with it.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1348 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

When it comes to Brad Smith and the Wildcat, I gotta agree with 7 on this one.. and the stats don't lie.

*2008: 12 rushing-attempts, 113 yrds.. 9½ yrd avg.
*2009: 20 rushing-attempts, 200 yrds.. 11½ yrd avg.
*2010: 40 rushing-attempts, 300 yrds.. 8 yrd avg.

..his plays were not only exigent, they were timely. They came on 3rd downs, and they would result in 1st downs. They won games.

#1349 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Can someone explaing to me how fasano drops the ball (does not complete the play, does not go to the ground with possession) and it's ruled a catch?

and how the hell do the jets get a roughing (should've been running into at most) on the end of the half when the fish punter just falls on a jet trying to block the kick?

and now revis...if that's not a season ender I'd be shocked.

Amazingly, Powell looks more like a #1 back than Greene. Greene is a great #2. But we need a #1 who can break tackles. LT could break tackles even on his worst day. Jones didn't have great moves but while he was fresh he went through a lot of arm tackles

Edited by '7', 23 September 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#1350 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

The Jets are an utter disgrace, Sanchez is awful, we're a total laughingstock right now. Can't even score from the one-yard line.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1351 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

that PI on kyle wilson...holy sh!t what a gift call. GIFT!

at that point the fish knew. they just started lobbing everything up hoping for PI

Edited by '7', 23 September 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#1352 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Kyle Wilson didn't turn back for the ball either, but yeah it did look like they were more interested in drawing PI calls then working the clock and using timeouts to move it downfield slowly.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1353 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Crazy game but when you think about it...the Jets and Fish only play games like this. 9-6 Giants/Bears circa 1986 doesn't happen here

The Wildcat was utterly useless today.

Don't know how to evaluate Sanchez. When he made good throws, they were dropped (hill had like 4 drops before he pulled up lame) When he had guys open he overthew them. And he had his usual "well i'm under pressure so let's just shot put the ball into 3 dolphin linebackers)

Shonn Greene....useless. Maybe still banged up who know. But he had no burst today

Powell looked decent at times. Nothing too impressive though, but he looks like a competent back

Was McKnight used at all today to run the ball. Maybe a speed guy around end could've helped?

If Hill doesn't start catching passes he becomes Ted Ginn without the special teams prowess.

Holmes was awesome. Really the Jets only consistent threat to catch the ball...and he draws a ton of PI when he doesn't give up on his routes

Kerley has that burning speed and made a nice 66 yard catch and run

Cumberland is no Keller, but he's competent. Sanchez needs Keller

Special teams was fine. Yea that one FG was blocked but it didn't count :rolleyes:

Jets went ahead 20-17 and needed to stop tannenhill to win the game. They didn't give up a TD. But you can't let a rookie qb with meh receivers drive down the field and tie the game. Make a big stop!

Revis, who knows. I'm expected the worst.

#1354 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

It's impossible to feel good about the win when they looked so horrendous against a bad team, and when Revis is rumored to have an ACL injury - with our luck that's exactly what it'll be.

#1355 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

against all odds i'm hoping it's a sprain. Certainly wasn't any contact on that injury. ACL sprain...high ankle sprain...

#1356 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Not going to say much regarding this game, because the Jets certainly didn't deserve to win it. The Dolphins did everything in their power to lose this game, and they managed to do it with flying colors.

The only big positive I took from today, is the same positive I've been taking since preseason.. Howard\Smith and the OL. They look amazing, and I'd argue that this may be the deepest our offensive line has ever been under Ryan. When your quarterback drops back to throw 50 times, and gets sacked only once.. you got yourself a damn good o'line. The problem in why our offense isn't doing anything has nothing to do with the o'line, and everything to do with our lack of weapons. This WR corp. is probably the thinnest it's ever been. Kerley's inconsistent, Holmes is a headcase, and Hill can't catch. Moreover, there's absolutely no running game to help Sanchez.. and his favorite target, Dustin Keller, can't stay on the field.
With ample cap space still remaining.. if the Jets can make a Braylon Edwards type trade to get an offensive playmaker, we may be in good shape down the stretch. But if the team decides to live and die by the current components set in play, we will continue to squeak out these types of wins.

#1357 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Give Tebow at least a series to run the offense. It's one thing if your quarterback is a world beater but Sanchez has been god awful the last two games.

#1358 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Oops. Revis out for the Season!!!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1359 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

Oops. Revis out for the Season!!!

he hasn't even had the MRI yet...how scumbaggish of you to cheerlead this.

though I wouldn't doubt it's an ACL. can you cool your heels a little bit, i know you're giddy your adopted ravens won(why you chose that bandwagon over pitt i'll never know)

Edited by '7', 23 September 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#1360 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

A win is a win

Posted Image

If you're asking me how I feel this game reflects on the Jets' chances going forward, well, it doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Hopefully they can execute better in future games... Sanchez, specifically. Although, in fairness to Sanchez, I'm not sure I've ever seen so many dropped passes. Even if a lot of the throws weren't perfect, in a "normal" game, many/most of them get caught.

I can't remember an uglier victory by the Jets. I don't care it was the Dolphins. I don't care if the Dolphins missed two field goals, I don't care if the Dolphins made several big mistakes. Losing Revis is a humongous blow, and the Jets still had trouble running the ball. Still, gotta give Sanchez credit for making plays at the end after a long, horrible day. This was his 10th career 4th quarter comeback and 12th game winning drive. Tebow and all his nut-hugging disciples can go eat dicks. Tebow ruined the offensive flow on several occasions, especially in the red zone. Holmes played like the beast he needed to be, Kerley made some big plays. Hill needs to be better, but we'll give him the rookie mulligan. They needed this bad, and they need to get their sh!t together quick with SF and Houston coming to town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users