1787 replies to this topic

#1361 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

he hasn't even had the MRI yet...how scumbaggish of you to cheerlead this.

though I wouldn't doubt it's an ACL. can you cool your heels a little bit, i know you're giddy your adopted ravens won(why you chose that bandwagon over pitt i'll never know)

Don't blame me, blame NFL Network who reported it last night.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1362 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

A win is a win. I don't care it was the Dolphins. I don't care if the Dolphins missed two field goals, I don't care if the Dolphins made several big mistakes. Still, gotta give Sanchez credit for making plays at the end after a long, horrible day. This was his 10th career 4th quarter comeback and 12th game winning drive.

After a night of watching SNY, NFL, ESPN, the one thing that is bothering me a little is the disrespect the Jets are getting.
Yeah.. we got lucky yesterday, big time! But when is a win not a win in the NFL? :noclue: There's no style points in this league last time I check.. and if I'm Rex, I use the *us against the world* mentality to motivate my guys. Did the Jets deserve to win the game? --no. But are we the first team ever to win a game that we probably shouldn't have won?

Tuna always said; "you are what your record says you are". Well the Jets are 2-1, #1 in the Division, with a game and a half lead over the Pats. Let's enjoy it!

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1363 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

I think the disrespect for the Jets is blowback from the hype that the organization has failed to live up to during the Ryan regime.

Factor in the addtional hype (the non-football decision) with Tebow (to sell PSL's and merchandise) and you have a certain "told you so media environment" that considers the Jets as a "clown car" franchise.

When the Jets beat someone competitive then you might see the team getting more respect.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1364 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

And it's official, Revis done with a torn ACL.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1365 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think the disrespect for the Jets is blowback from the hype that the organization has failed to live up to during the Ryan regime.

Factor in the addtional hype (the non-football decision) with Tebow (to sell PSL's and merchandise) and you have a certain "told you so media environment" that considers the Jets as a "clown car" franchise.

When the Jets beat someone competitive then you might see the team getting more respect.

i totally agree w.this line of thought. the jets are perceived as clownish due 2 the sb predictions from fat rex. until theywin a championship theyll always b viewed as a failed organziation

#1366 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

he hasn't even had the MRI yet...how scumbaggish of you to cheerlead this.

though I wouldn't doubt it's an ACL. can you cool your heels a little bit, i know you're giddy your adopted ravens won(why you chose that bandwagon over pitt i'll never know)

A: you can apologize at anytime. Wasn't being "scumbaggish" just reporting what I had heard and is now confirmed. .....Bandwagon??? Why are you just hearing now of my Raven affiliation? I have been a Raven's fan since they moved to Baltimore with Vinny T at QB. The fact that my brother is the biggest Steeler fan in the world, solified my affliation.

Edited by MantaRay, 24 September 2012 - 11:31 AM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1367 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

And it's official, Revis done with a torn ACL.

And we are unofficially out of playoff contention.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#1368 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

the jets are perceived as clownish due 2 the sb predictions from fat rex. until theywin a championship theyll always b viewed as a failed organziation

I really can't call the Jets a failed organization.. and that's not just because I'm a fan either. Are they in the same class as the Patriots\Steelers\Packers? --no. But when you're talking about a team that's had only 3 losing seasons since 1997, and has played 15 playoff games in that timeframe, 3 of them Championship games, it's difficult to sell me on the fact that they're categorized as "failed". Perhaps if we rolled the clock back to when it was the 70's & 80's you could make that argument, but not now. Not over the last 15 years anyway.

When it comes to success, I consider the New England Patriots right at the top of the list. It'd be fair to say they've "lived up to their hype" since 2009 wouldn't you say? Conference Championship, Superbowl appearance, 3 Division titles, etc. And yet over the past 3 years BB & Brady have won 38 regular season games. Rex & Sanchez have won 30. BB & Brady have played in 5 playoff games, winning 2. Rex & Sanchez have played in 6, winning 4. The Pats have played in 2 Championship games.. the Jets have played in 2 Championship games. -you get my point?
How have the Jets not "lived up to the hype" of the Ryan regime, when under Ryan they've been undoubtedly successful? Since Rex Ryan broke into the NFL, he has been one of the most accomplished Head Coaches in the league. He's missed the playoffs only once, he's never finished the season under .500, and his defense finishes top 5 every year. Yet, he gets points deducted for not winning a Superbowl in 3 years?! :noclue: I don't buy it.

I think the media wants the Jets to fail, because they want the Tebow thing to fail. They want Tebow coverage. They want to see Tebow in a larger role, and on the Jets, that's not going to happen.

Edited by Beezer34, 25 September 2012 - 12:08 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1369 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

The Jets are an utter disgrace, Sanchez is awful, we're a total laughingstock right now. Can't even score from the one-yard line.

If there was a spot for Tebow, it's first-and-goal at the 1. What the hell did we get him for then?

#1370 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

If there was a spot for Tebow, it's first-and-goal at the 1. What the hell did we get him for then?

Well they can start giving him reps at cornerback now, he looked really good trying to catch the ball the one time Sanchez threw it to him :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 September 2012 - 02:55 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1371 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Wilson, Trufant, Lankster, Fletcher gonna have to step the fvck up.

It's a terrible loss for this team.
Posted Image Posted Image

#1372 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

That or trade for a corner...Jabari Greer perhaps
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1373 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

That or trade for a corner...Jabari Greer perhaps

If they go the trade route, I could see Sheldon Brown. Cleveland has always been good trade partners with us, plus they're going to be sellers come the trade deadline. Brown is a perfect chip to rebuild. He's 33 years old, and is on the final year of his contract.

If they go the free agent route, I could see either Lito Sheppard or Bryant McFadden. Sheppard knows the Jets\Rex system, having played with us in 2009.. and McFadden is a CB that's played in 4 Superbowls and brings veteran presence.

#1374 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

When it comes to success, I consider the New England Patriots right at the top of the list. It'd be fair to say they've "lived up to their hype" since 2009 wouldn't you say? Conference Championship, Superbowl appearance, 3 Division titles, etc. And yet over the past 3 years BB & Brady have won 38 regular season games. Rex & Sanchez have won 30. BB & Brady have played in 5 playoff games, winning 2. Rex & Sanchez have played in 6, winning 4. The Pats have played in 2 Championship games.. the Jets have played in 2 Championship games. -you get my point?
How have the Jets not "lived up to the hype" of the Ryan regime, when under Ryan they've been undoubtedly successful? Since Rex Ryan broke into the NFL, he has been one of the most accomplished Head Coaches in the league. He's missed the playoffs only once, he's never finished the season under .500, and his defense finishes top 5 every year. Yet, he gets points deducted for not winning a Superbowl in 3 years?! I don't buy it.

I think the media wants the Jets to fail, because they want the Tebow thing to fail. They want Tebow coverage. They want to see Tebow in a larger role, and on the Jets, that's not going to happen.

If I may paraphase Scott Hall: New England has earned their reputation because they "bring it", the Jets earned their reputation because they "sing it",

There is a big difference in "saying" you are going to win the Championship and then actually going out and "doing it".

By Rex Ryan's own proclamations the Jets have been a failiure because they have not lived up to his own words.
The Jets built their media plight by talking a good game, but not being able to deliver. The Patriots on the other hand have a silent swagger, they just perform at a higher level.

If the Jets had just embraced the ride instead of talking first, they would be media darlings. No one likes empty words.

The whole Tebow argument rings false as well. The Jets brought him here to sell tickets and merchandising to Tebow fans THROUGH the media and have been pretty successful. I have never seen a back-up QB get so much press.

Only Jet fans that understand the game, realize the Tebow move was not about winning football game, this was an insecure reactionary move to the Giants winning the Superbowl. (Last time the Giants won the Superbow you got Brett Favre).
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1375 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

If I may paraphase Scott Hall: New England has earned their reputation because they "bring it", the Jets earned their reputation because they "sing it",

There is a big difference in "saying" you are going to win the Championship and then actually going out and "doing it".

By Rex Ryan's own proclamations the Jets have been a failiure because they have not lived up to his own words.
The Jets built their media plight by talking a good game, but not being able to deliver. The Patriots on the other hand have a silent swagger, they just perform at a higher level.

If the Jets had just embraced the ride instead of talking first, they would be media darlings. No one likes empty words.

The whole Tebow argument rings false as well. The Jets brought him here to sell tickets and merchandising to Tebow fans THROUGH the media and have been pretty successful. I have never seen a back-up QB get so much press.

Only Jet fans that understand the game, realize the Tebow move was not about winning football game, this was an insecure reactionary move to the Giants winning the Superbowl. (Last time the Giants won the Superbow you got Brett Favre).

We beat New England in the playoffs, in their building not even 2 years ago. A better New England team than the lucky 9-7 Giants beat at a neutral site last year
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1376 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

We beat New England in the playoffs, in their building not even 2 years ago. A better New England team than the lucky 9-7 Giants beat at a neutral site last year

But Manta's perception rings true of the popular consensus regarding the 2 franchises. He actually proved my point without intending to.
The double standard begins and ends with 1 Championship for a fanbase.. after that you get a pass regardless of what happens. Eli Manning throws 3 picks in the Tampa game with a QBR of 59.3.. yet he gets praised when it's over for; "making the plays in the end to put the Giants in the position to win". Sanchez did just that against Miami, and threw for over 300 yrds.. yet the media\fans have been killing him since Sunday.

The Jets 2 trips to the AFC Championship are considered failures because they didn't win it all. The Patriots have lost 4 of their last 6 playoff games.. but they sing it and they bring it. The Jets FA signings in Favre, Tebow, LT, Plaxico, etc.. are "knee-jerk" type moves. Yet the Pats signings of Adalius Thomas, Ocho-cinco, Joey Galloway, Shaun Ellis, Tank Williams, Kellen Winslow, Shawn Springs, Albert Haynesworth, Reche Caldwell, etc. are savvy.. because.. well, it's Belichick!!

..oh well, I guess after the Jets win a Superbowl, whenever that may be, the whole organization will get glorified whenever something goes right.. and get a mulligan whenever something goes wrong.

#1377 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

How dare you take shots at Eli. When the Jets have the 29th pass defense and are dead last in rushing and Sanchez carries the team on his own, then he will get some credit. Sanchez has been nothing but a product of a great defense that is now aging.

The last two years, Eli has carried the Giants on his own. Sanchez has the moxie of a mitey mite.

#1378 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

But Manta's perception rings true of the popular consensus regarding the 2 franchises. He actually proved my point without intending to.

Actually...No. You can whine all you want about how the press covers the Jets, my point was it is self-inflicted.

The Jets have been very, very successful the past few years, moreso than New England, but the HOMEGROWN perception they have made for themselves, through and with the media is through a lens of failure.

Rex Ryan and the Jets organization set up the perception that "anything other than a Superbowl win" would be considered a failure. They are just reaping what they have sown.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1379 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

The double standard begins and ends with 1 Championship for a fanbase.. after that you get a pass regardless of what happens. Eli Manning throws 3 picks in the Tampa game with a QBR of 59.3.. yet he gets praised when it's over for; "making the plays in the end to put the Giants in the position to win". Sanchez did just that against Miami, and threw for over 300 yrds.. yet the media\fans have been killing him since Sunday.

The Jets 2 trips to the AFC Championship are considered failures because they didn't win it all. The Patriots have lost 4 of their last 6 playoff games.. but they sing it and they bring it. The Jets FA signings in Favre, Tebow, LT, Plaxico, etc.. are "knee-jerk" type moves. Yet the Pats signings of Adalius Thomas, Ocho-cinco, Joey Galloway, Shaun Ellis, Tank Williams, Kellen Winslow, Shawn Springs, Albert Haynesworth, Reche Caldwell, etc. are savvy.. because.. well, it's Belichick!!

..oh well, I guess after the Jets win a Superbowl, whenever that may be, the whole organization will get glorified whenever something goes right.. and get a mulligan whenever something goes wrong.

i notice your avoidingtalking about the revis injury. waht do u think of the jets season now

#1380 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

How dare you take shots at Eli. When the Jets have the 29th pass defense and are dead last in rushing and Sanchez carries the team on his own, then he will get some credit. Sanchez has been nothing but a product of a great defense that is now aging.

The last two years, Eli has carried the Giants on his own. Sanchez has the moxie of a mitey mite.

yea great job by Eli...he has one of the best lines in football, they've drafted him great receivers, and they've also had the benefit of 2 of the luckiest plays in super bowl history(as well as much easier roads to the super bowl than the jets). wonderful skillful performance as he lobbed up a dead duck that somehow stuck to tyrees helmet, and how plaxico for so many years bailed him out by catching his massive overthrows. He still throws some of the ugliest interceptions you'll ever see.

Edited by '7', 25 September 2012 - 11:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users