#121 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

Revis out for Dolphins, Mangold does not practice

Hope Antonio's eating his Wheaties. Motivated Marshall > Slouch Moss. Though to be honest, the Mangold thing would be really far worse than the Revis injury.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#122 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

Revis out for Dolphins, Mangold does not practice

Hope Antonio's eating his Wheaties. Motivated Marshall > Slouch Moss. Though to be honest, the Mangold thing would be really far worse than the Revis injury.

I agree with that, but I'm fairly sure Marshall used to toast Cromartie regularly when he was with Denver and Cromartie was with San Diego, so this is a big advantage to the Fins obviously. But in all honesty I hope Mangold plays for them. No Revis, no Santonio, Edwards MAY have his playing time limited enough to send some kind of message, no Pace, and then you add Mangold to the list? That's a lot of dudes. I don't want them to have that many excuses.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#123 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

i am not sure if anyone has been listening to WFAN but all they talked about was Edwards. I was off from school and work today and was just amazed how many people called to chime in on the issue. I found it interested how the incident (according to the NFL rules) that driving drunk is not a personal conduct issue but it falls under substance abuse. They made the point why Ben Roethlisberger was punished yet Edwards may not or be punished as severe due to the CBA. I was also surprised that the NFL provides all their players free driving service

#124 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

no Revis.. no Santonio.. Edwards MAY have his playing time limited enough to send some kind of message.. no Pace.. and then you add Mangold to the list?

..don't forget Jenkins, and a 50% Jason Taylor & Brad Smith. Coupled with your home-field advantage?!?!
I'm really looking at our 2nd meeting as the barometer for my Jets in December. Hopefully by that time, we'll have a somewhat complete team closer to competitive snuff. (barring injury)

*EDIT: It's pathetic if you guys can't get a 'W this Sunday. If by any chance my banged up Jets escape Miami with a victory.. then the Fish are FRAUDS son! Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 22 September 2010 - 10:47 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#125 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

..don't forget Jenkins, and a 50% Jason Taylor & Brad Smith. Coupled with your home-field advantage?!?!
I'm really looking at our 2nd meeting as the barometer for my Jets in December. Hopefully by that time, we'll have a somewhat complete team closer to competitive snuff. (barring injury)

*EDIT: It's pathetic if you guys can't get a 'W this Sunday. If by any chance my banged up Jets escape Miami with a victory.. then the Fish are FRAUDS son! Posted Image

I love it Beez, you're conceding defeat already :P And yeah, I forgot about Jenkins. We should absolutely win the game, but I'd say that even if the Jets were completely healthy. I still expect a bloodbath of a 3-7 point game in the winner's favor though.

Edited by MadDog2020, 22 September 2010 - 10:59 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#126 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

Of course you use the Jets HOME game vs the Phins as the "barometer" for the Jets. In your last post you added "home field advantage" to your list of ready made excuses for a loss on Sunday...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#127 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

Of course you use the Jets HOME game vs the Phins as the "barometer" for the Jets. In your last post you added "home field advantage" to your list of ready made excuses for a loss on Sunday...

If I were to site home-field advantage as the sole reason for Miami winning, you'd have a case. But I didn't do that. I listed all the Jets players either *not playing.. *playing a limited portion of the game.. and\or *playing the game banged up.. THEN (after all that) I listed home-field in conjunction to the list of players missing.

Let's put it in perspective; -If the Dolphins were heading into this game without Jake Long.. Channing Crowder.. Jason Allen.. Jared Odrick.. Brandon Marshall.. Brian Hartline.. (for a quarter) a 50% Ronnie Brown\Karlos Dansby.. AND THEN AFTER ALL THAT.. my Jets have home-field advantage.. you can bet your last bottom dollar I'm expecting my boys to snag the 'W.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#128 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

Excuses, excuses. Injuries are a BIG part of an NFL season. If your team can't stay healthy then you will be forced to go to the bench. The "Star studded" team the Jets paid for seems to get bit by the injury bug. Who said Braylon was sitting out a quarter?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#129 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

Injuries are a BIG part of an NFL season. If your team can't stay healthy then you will be forced to go to the bench. The "Star studded" team the Jets paid for seems to get bit by the injury bug. Who said Braylon was sitting out a quarter?

Injuries are a big part of the NFL... but not when it's as much as the Jets have after only 2 games. And not when it's so one-sided either. (which is why I'm looking ahead to December.. when Miami will be just as banged up as everyone) With the exception of CC listed as probable, the injury report for the fish going into this game, reads like a blank piece of paper.
Furthermore.. my prediction on this game weighs more on the fact of Miami being a very good team. If you look what I predicted for this game going into the season.. you'd see it says; *Jets Lose*. (and that was assuming the Jets would be healthy) But when you're as banged up as the Jets are, there's really little chance the Jets win this game. There's a reason why the Dolphins are favored 3 points.. despite only having 1 more win than my Jets.

..and me saying "Braylon will miss the 1st quarter", is just an educated guess.

#130 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

the more i think about it, the more i think the jets r gonna win this game. theres a ton of pressure on the fins here. pressure to say undefeated. presure to play in fron t of their fans for the first time this season. pressure to be the sunday night game. to be the favord team by 3 points. and then u add all these injuries that the jets have. i think ppl are just expecting the jets to lose. that may be dangerous.

#131 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

the more i think about it, the more i think the jets r gonna win this game. theres a ton of pressure on the fins here. pressure to say undefeated. presure to play in fron t of their fans for the first time this season. pressure to be the sunday night game. to be the favord team by 3 points. and then u add all these injuries that the jets have. i think ppl are just expecting the jets to lose. that may be dangerous.

This is dead on.

I think the Dolphin D is on a high after stopping Peterson on 4th and goal. If they are complacent, look for Sanchez & Cotchery, Keller to have a big game.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#132 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

This is dead on.

I think the Dolphin D is on a high after stopping Peterson on 4th and goal. If they are complacent, look for Sanchez & Cotchery, Keller to have a big game.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#133 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Wait Minny had how many yards total offense? 350+

Its all about turnovers.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#134 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:58 PM

I agree with that, but I'm fairly sure Marshall used to toast Cromartie regularly when he was with Denver and Cromartie was with San Diego, so this is a big advantage to the Fins obviously.

btw I looked up the Brandon chronicles (vs. San Diego), here are his statlines in his last six games - I ain't counting the two when Marshall was a rookie and had 20 catches for the season:

7 catches, 72 yards, 0 TD's
6-75-0
18-166-1
6-55-0
5-49-0
3-26-0

So five out of six he wasn't really a big factor at all, and the other one he had a monster game.

Edited by Hasan4978, 23 September 2010 - 11:00 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#135 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

That was nice. :)
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#136 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,337 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

The refs absolutely gifted Miami 7 points in the 1st half, reminds me of the Baltimore debacle.

Sanchez has looked great though, his speed in decision making has really picked up. No more holding onto the ball for hours like last season.

Edited by '7', 26 September 2010 - 08:57 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#137 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,962 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Jets defense has looked like garbage.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#138 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

Well this proves last week was a fluke, we miss Revis big-time. We're making Davone Bess, Brian Hartline and Anthony Fasano look like Wayne, Collie and Dallas Clark :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#139 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,962 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

"Don't let Edwards play!" :lol:
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#140 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,962 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

Penalties. Man oh man....
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users