1787 replies to this topic

#141 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,817 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

I've seen a lot of one sided officiating against the Jets in my time, what I saw on that drive with the refs literally taking away two 1st and goals and wiping a TD away on a "hold" where the dolphin was release is just flat out disgusting.

The refs are absolutely in the bag for Miami

where were these calls on new england for the better part of a decade?

Since when do you see tripping called?

Edited by '7', 26 September 2010 - 10:02 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#142 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

I've seen a lot of one sided officiating against the Jets in my time, what I saw on that drive with the refs literally taking away two 1st and goals and wiping a TD away on a "hold" where the dolphin was release is just flat out disgusting.

The refs are absolutely in the bag for Miami

where were these calls on new england for the better part of a decade?

Since when do you see tripping called?

i think they meant to say leg whipping and you rarely see that called anymore so i agree with you and it is usually called on linemen

#143 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

I love the verbal blow job these announcers are giving Dan Henning. Never mind he's screwing his team over every time he pulls Henne and goes to the wildcat.

Edited by Jerrydevil, 26 September 2010 - 10:07 PM.

#144 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,817 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

i think they meant to say leg whipping and you rarely see that called anymore so i agree with you and it is usually called on linemen

and it had nothing to do with the play...edwards was on the freaking ground! I think they made a judgement call there but you don't take 1st and goals away from teams on stuff like that.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#145 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:12 PM

Thank goodness that hit the ground.

#146 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:12 PM

LOL that's not an interception.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#147 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

Tony Sparano = Bernie from "Weekend at Bernie's."

#148 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

Given that it's Latino heritage month or whatever the hell it is, would it be too much trouble to put the Spanish word for Dolphin instead of "Dolphins de Miami"? So far the best part of Latino night is the gratuitous shot of J-Lo's panty lines.

#149 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

This is not good for my sanity. Good god, Sanchez. And then a big third-down conversion. Wow.

Edited by Jerrydevil, 26 September 2010 - 10:28 PM.

#150 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:44 PM

I really don't find it shocking the Dolphins are gonna score.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#151 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:49 PM

Yes! Bend don't break, LOL!

#152 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:51 PM

Wow, thanks Jets' D for proving me wrong. :dance:
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#153 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:51 PM

Rex Ryan is such a schmoe with the Gatorade treatment of Jason Taylor. He just can't help it.

#154 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

I'm not an Edwards fan and he did have a stupid penalty but **** all these morally superior people like Mike Francesa who wanted us to sit him despite the fact nobody else gets punished for their DUI's. And I LOVED the Jason Taylor Gatorade bath, only Rex would do that :lol:

Sanchez has done a 180 degree turnaround even from the preseason - 6 TD's and 0 INT's so far :blink: For once the offense bailed out the defense instead of the other way around.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#155 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

Edwards was awesome tonight, those 2 plays on the last drive were HUGE. Sanchez was terrific as well.

I can't wait until we get Revis and Holmes back too.

Edited by nmigliore, 26 September 2010 - 10:58 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#156 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

Dolphin fans, you can't be happy with Sparano. I think they absolutely blew this game with that awful wildcat. Took the ball out of the hands of Henne, who killed the Jets all game.

#157 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,817 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

Dolphin fans, you can't be happy with Sparano. I think they absolutely blew this game with that awful wildcat. Took the ball out of the hands of Henne, who killed the Jets all game.

The wildcat did stall some drives where the fish ate up the clock and wore down the Jets D, just like last season. Plus the fact that Pace, Jenkins(who will be gone all season) and Revis were out helped the fish out...as did a lot of poor calls. If Revis playsh e probably holds Marshall to 5 or less catches, Cromartie could be cycled between Bess and Hartline and this game isn't quite as close.

Ricky Williams also looks to have lost a step

and our pass rush completely vanished after the 1st quarter...but the fish were keeping Fasano in to block more often (he usually hurts us)

Edited by '7', 26 September 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#158 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:07 PM

The wildcat did stall some drives where the fish ate up the clock and wore down the Jets D, just like last season. Plus the fact that Pace, Jenkins(who will be gone all season) and Revis were out helped the fish out...as did a lot of poor calls. If Revis playsh e probably holds Marshall to 5 or less catches, Cromartie could be cycled between Bess and Hartline and this game isn't quite as close.

Ricky Williams also looks to have lost a step

and our pass rush completely vanished after the 1st quarter...but the fish were keeping Fasano in to block more often (he usually hurts us)

The Edwards tripping call didn't irritate me. That was stupid on his part. The Slauson hold was crap on the Sanchez TD run.

#159 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

that was a fun game to watch... all i did was watch sports today.... i saw the giants game, the eagles game, and flipping in between the yankees and jets game

#160 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

The Edwards tripping call didn't irritate me. That was stupid on his part. The Slauson hold was crap on the Sanchez TD run.

the flag on braylon was correct. that was tripping a mile away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users