1787 replies to this topic

#1781 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Rex is getting SO bad at these press conferences, you literally can't believe a word he says.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1782 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,070 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Sanchez again with a piss poor game. Horrific interception for the pick 6 (the fvck he didn't see the defender just SITTING THERE?) and a bad fumble when he held the ball too long. Overthrows...underthrows, missing open guys.

Par the course for Mark

If Sanchez remains with the Jets, the franchise is almost going to have to start completely over with him, and build him back up. He needs a QB guru. He has to have no confidence at this point.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1783 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

You are really blowing up Sanchez's first two seasons to be much more than they were.

Beezer likes to bring up the 30+ TD's from last year and gloss over the 15, 20 and 13 in his other seasons.

Rivers has regressed due to lack of weapons, Roethlisberger due to a new OC. The Giants probably missed the playoffs this year because of the up and down play of Manning. Regression is variable in the NFL. It doesn't necessary mean a death sentence to the point where you can't be salvaged. I don't think Sanchez is that far gone. I believe if the team builds him up this offseason, his confidence can be brought back.

..and I don't marvel at his average numbers either. 80 TD's and 12,000 yrds in 4 years are just that... average. But Greene's 16 TD's and 3,000 yrds over his last 3 years, are also.. average. Like Manta said.. if you take away Rice from Flacco, is he even halfway decent? You can't have it both ways. If you want to give Sanchez below average receiving weapons, then you need to have a MJD in the backfield. If you're satisfied with an average RB in Greene, then you need to put your hand in your pocket and buy some WR's for Sanchez.
What I marvel at with Mark, is that in 4 years, my quarterback has played 62 regular season games, out of a possible 65. One legitimate game missed due to injury in 4 seasons, where Kellen Clemens played. The other 2 were healthy scratches.. one for McElroy this season, and one for Brunell the last week of the 11-5 year to rest Sanchez for the playoffs in a meaningless game. He's still young at 26.. he never gets injured.. and most of all, HE WANTS TO BE HERE! Despite all the scrutiny, all the blame being thrown his way. The fact that he leads the NFL in playing with 22 different WR's since 2009. Or that he'll be learning from his 3rd different OC in the coming season, 4th if you count Tom Moore. Coming in after Brett Favre.. sitting like a duck as the team tried to acquire Peyton Manning.. and now playing with Tim Tebow behind him. Everything and anything this organization has done to try and fvck him.. despite it all, he still wants to play for my team.

beezers bound to sanchez because he hates being proved wrong.

Vinny Testaverde played 7 seasons with Gang Green. Including regular season & post-season play, he won 36 games for the Jets throughout his tenure in NY, and took the team to the AFC Championship in the 1998-1999 season. Richard Todd also took the Jets to an AFC Championship, and won a total of 49 games over the 9 seasons he played in NY. The Ken O'Brien era is when I became a fan nearly 30 years ago. He played 10 seasons with the Jets, voted to 2 ProBowls during the span.. yet won only 48 games during his stay with the green and white. Chad Pennington in 8 seasons won a total 34 games as a starter for the Jets. -again, including playoff victories.
Boomer Esiason, Tim Tebow, and Brett Favre COMBINE for 24 victories while with the Jets in 6 years.. you getting a hint where I'm going with this?

Including regular-season & postseason.. had the Jets won on Sunday, it would've accounted as the 40th victory in 4 seasons under the Rex\Sanchez era. They have made the playoffs 2 out of 4 years, played in 2 Championship games, and have respectfully ranked 1st.. 3rd.. 5th.. and 7th in defense since 2009.
In laymans terms: I am "bound" by this administration, because it has been the most successful QB\HC combo that this franchise has seen since Parcells\Testaverde 15 years ago. Has it been a perfect tenure? -no. But notwithstanding, I'd rather stick to the plan that has actually shown signs of success.. rather than roll the dice again the way this organization has done since 1969. I've never had the pleasure of seeing a Belichick\Brady, or Eli\Coughlin combo as a Jets fan to warrant any thought process that I should long for something more. The team has played poorly in 2011 & 2012, no disputing that. Yet, I think there's a grey area between content vs lost-hope. A 14-18 record over the last 2 seasons shouldn't put people in immediate panic mode, given the circumstances at hand. Poor UFA signings, not retaining key FA, lousy drafting, excessive injuries, etc.. these things happen, and they are without question setbacks. However, should you begin to "blow it all up" if you're Woody Johnson?

I have no problem eating crow when I'm wrong. I was dead wrong about Tebow and the Wildcat. No problem openly admitting that. I need one more season with Sanchez where the team actually tries to build around him before I throw in the towel.

Edited by Beezer34, 31 December 2012 - 09:49 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1784 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,070 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Beez, you're making too much of the won-lost record with Sanchez. Sanchez did go 18-12 in his first two regular seasons combined (Jets won the other two games where Sanchez didn't really play), but it's obvious from his numbers that the defense had a lot more to with that than Sanchez...the QB play overall from Sanchez in those two seasons was simply not good. As far as the regular season goes, one can argue Sanchez was probably holding the Jets back a bit...his QB play those seasons wasn't even average.

Playoffs were a different story for sure, and like I've said, I think that's why you give both Sanchez AND Ryan one more year to figure this thing out. Sanchez's contract is an issue too.

The Jets definitely got rid of the right guy in Tannenbaum.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1785 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

http://profootballta...tattoo-sort-of/

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA roflmao!!!! Wow!!

#1786 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,892 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/brace-your-breakfast-rex-has-a-sanchez-tattoo-sort-of/

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA roflmao!!!! Wow!!

ROFLMAO!!

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1787 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Appearing on FOX NFL Sunday, Jay Glazer said the Jets "can't give the position away" when talking about their general manager vacancy.

"They're calling back candidates who already turned them down," added Glazer. "Their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off." One of those candidates could be 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, who was once considered the odds-on-favorite for the job but may have spurned the Jets. ESPN's Adam Schefter mentioned earlier on Sunday that ex-Bears GM Jerry Angelo is a "name to watch."
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1788 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

The Jacksonville Jaguars made it clear Thursday that they have no plans to pursue the popular and polarizing New York Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow.

The Jets are likely to release the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner and Jacksonville native during the offseason, and many believed Tebow would land with the Jaguars.

But new general manager David Caldwell nixed that idea at his introductory news conference.
''I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar - even if he's released,'' Caldwell said.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users