64 replies to this topic

#21 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

Wow, after seeing slapshot, I'd be in favor for replacing him with NJ, even if he didn't get all touchy feely. That's a horrible mascot.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Wow, after seeing slapshot, I'd be in favor for replacing him with NJ, even if he didn't get all touchy feely. That's a horrible mascot.

Mike

Arent mascots usually a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche !!!!!!!!!!

#23 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

I remember slapshot and I'm 24.

#24 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

NJ 1.0 actually had wings as well:
Posted Image

Wow, how very 1990s this picture is. Check out the Starter jacket on NJ's assistant there.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#25 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

Wow, how very 1990s this picture is. Check out the Starter jacket on NJ's assistant there.

Starter jackets are cool when ever.

#26 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:35 AM

I miss the 90's :evilcry:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#27 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

and that's a big-ass hat...
Posted Image

#28 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:56 AM

I dont want to be rude but i think its an Apex jacket
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#29 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

I actually have that hat and got it signed by Stevens, Dano, Richer, Driver, and for some reason the mascot on the same night that picture above was taken if I'm not mistaken. Think that's a meet the team event from early in the 93-94 season. Wore the hell out of that hat through the 95 cup run. That was the year the mascot ruled. He'd dump cracker jacks on Ranger and Flyer fans and threw a Ranger fan's jersey under the zamboni one night.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#30 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

Starter jackets are cool when ever.

A Starter jacket made me a Devils fan in a strange sort of way... My parents let me and my brother each get one and I liked the colors. Lay off.. I was 11.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#31 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

I love Starter jackets. I even miss those bulky caps of the 90's.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:42 AM

1993: New Jersey Devils mascot Slapshot is retired after the team fires its performer for improperly touching three women while in costume.

Why the hell were those three women wearing costumes? :rofl:

#33 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

wow... :mellow: Slapshot.

Trauma mascot.

I'm here for the party

#34 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:24 AM

I actually have that hat and got it signed by Stevens, Dano, Richer, Driver, and for some reason the mascot on the same night that picture above was taken if I'm not mistaken. Think that's a meet the team event from early in the 93-94 season. Wore the hell out of that hat through the 95 cup run. That was the year the mascot ruled. He'd dump cracker jacks on Ranger and Flyer fans and threw a Ranger fan's jersey under the zamboni one night.

That was the same night. The hand in the foreground belongs to my little brother. It was also the same night that I hung out at Brodeur's empty table for a solid hour.
Posted Image

#35 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

That was the same night. The hand in the foreground belongs to my little brother. It was also the same night that I hung out at Brodeur's empty table for a solid hour.

Yeah I bet Terreri had a huge line though. I think I got Marty to sign a calendar they gave out to everyone. This was late October-Early November 1993 so who knew what the future would bring for him. I think that was one of the last times they held an event like this if not the last time.
gallery_47_36_882.png

#36 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

The only thing that could make that picture more 90s is some purple and turquoise.

EDIT: ...with Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory playing in the background.

Edited by devilsfan26, 09 September 2010 - 11:43 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#37 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

The only thing that could make that picture more 90s is some purple and turquoise.

EDIT: ...with Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory playing in the background.

That purple and turquoise better be in the form of Zubaz.
gallery_47_36_882.png

#38 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

Yeah I bet Terreri had a huge line though. I think I got Marty to sign a calendar they gave out to everyone. This was late October-Early November 1993 so who knew what the future would bring for him. I think that was one of the last times they held an event like this if not the last time.

Terreri's was one of the longest. I had Marty sign the Calendar, a card, a puck, a giveaway jersey/tshirt and a hat.
Posted Image

#39 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

This is a pretty funny post.  I didn't think he was too bad.  Maybe it was because I was a kid when they had him, but it was pretty funny seeing a big puck walk around with the NJ on the back.  He looked cooler in person and when you saw the back and the NJ logo.  I kind of wish they would bring him back and use both mascots.  They just have to hire people that have character and class. 

I scanned this the last time someone went looking for a picture of the infamous horned puck:
scan0027.jpg

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

The best was when Slap Shot used to hurl himself down the ice and into the goal after SCORE-O.  Always got a good laugh from that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users