64 replies to this topic

#41 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Okay fine I'm going to ask... How the actual fvck did you find this thread?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#42 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Only thing I can think of is he did a specific search for it.

I actually do remember this thread from a couple years back.

#43 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,107 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

I was in attendance at the game where he was introduced for the first time...the crowd was like "WTF is that?!"  The reaction was not terribly enthusiastic. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#44 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

My avatar is taken from the point of view of a female suite attendant circa 1993.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

I was in attendance at the game where he was introduced for the first time...the crowd was like "WTF is that?!"  The reaction was not terribly enthusiastic. 

Haha hard to get excited over a giant puck with a logo and face on it.

#46 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

My avatar is taken from the point of view of a female suite attendant circa 1993.

Looks like he's about to jump into full hard-on grab ass mode. Hahaha.

#47 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

How did you get that picture of slapshot that you have on your profile?

It's pretty random, but I was just doing a search on slapshot and came across this post.  Kind of like the guy that started the post, was just curious to remember what slapshot looked like

#48 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

How did you get that picture of slapshot that you have on your profile

A friend of mine who used to be a season ticket holder took it back in 92.
gallery_47_36_882.png

#49 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

That's great.  did you have any other photos?  and/or a bigger photo size of the one you have? So far this is the only color photo I've seen of him

A friend of mine who used to be a season ticket holder took it back in 92.

#50 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

That's great.  did you have any other photos?  and/or a bigger photo size of the one you have? So far this is the only color photo I've seen of him

That's the only one I have. It's a scan of an old photo. I should still have it on my PC at home. I'll add it to this thread if I find it.
gallery_47_36_882.png

#51 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

thanks, I appreciate you looking either way.

That's the only one I have. It's a scan of an old photo. I should still have it on my PC at home. I'll add it to this thread if I find it.

#52 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

They still have the Slapshot suit in the team office, although they'll never publicly show him.. They dug it up during the warehouse move from Meadowlands to PruCenter
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#53 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

I would still kill for the "puck run amuck" segment A Current Affair did on him. 

gallery_47_36_882.png

#54 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Maybe you'll find it on youtube someday.  I never saw that, must be pretty funny to watch

I would still kill for the "puck run amuck" segment A Current Affair did on him. 

#55 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

thanks for the info.  They should bring him out sometime and go with 2 mascots, just bring in people that can pass background checks

They still have the Slapshot suit in the team office, although they'll never publicly show him.. They dug it up during the warehouse move from Meadowlands to PruCenter

#56 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Look who makes a cameo in this video:

gallery_47_36_882.png

#57 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

thanks for the info. They should bring him out sometime and go with 2 mascots, just bring in people that can pass background checks

They should bring him back for the Retro games but their policy is that he never see the light of day.. I don't agree with that, I mean, how many people even know Slapshot or the incident? Is it really still too soon to move on? I don't think people what he did exactly
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#58 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

They should bring him back for the Retro games but their policy is that he never see the light of day.. I don't agree with that, I mean, how many people even know Slapshot or the incident? Is it really still too soon to move on? I don't think people what he did exactly

While I think a good amount of our fanbase doesn't remember him or even knew he existed, just one Google search for him and you bring up the incident.  Plus he wasn't that great of a mascot so I really do not miss him.

#59 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

I know someone had mentioned it earlier on this post or asked about it, but do you guys know how many versions of NJ Devil have there been?  I know he came out after slap shot and we have the current version which you could see in the video that skeeter was nice enough to share.  Than there was the mexican looking version that someone else had mentioned (and someone posted a pic of him signing autographs).  Is it just those 2 or have there been others?

#60 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I know someone had mentioned it earlier on this post or asked about it, but do you guys know how many versions of NJ Devil have there been?  I know he came out after slap shot and we have the current version which you could see in the video that skeeter was nice enough to share.  Than there was the mexican looking version that someone else had mentioned (and someone posted a pic of him signing autographs).  Is it just those 2 or have there been others?

I know there was one where he had more pronounced mustache.  He kinda looked like Raul Julia from the Addams Family movies.  His current mustache now looks more like John Waters.

The early incarnations of him had him with small red wings on him as well.  They got rid of those after a year or two.

He also had a pretty pronounced goatee for a while that just seemed to disappear over the years.  I think he wore that in the late 90's/early 2000's but cannot confirm.

Edited by DevsMan84, 27 February 2013 - 05:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users